Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a little bit off topic. I was just looking at pics of the new robo for the 2014 movie and noticed he has a hanging leg Holster... WTF!? he supossed to be this super bad *** cyborg but they can the leg holster?

I really hope it will be rectified with CGI and its only a stand in so that he can draw and have it look natural, then add in the effects later,

That would've really surprised me before the prototype pictures debuted but not after. I didn't think RoboCop was a franchise I needed to have in my collection but HT really knocked them both out of the park and got me remembering how much I enjoyed the movie (and thinking about how cool ED-209 would look on the shelf). Kind of more excited for this release as I just wasn't anticipating it, prior.

Man, that's pretty harsh if they're expecting full payment 9+ months in advance. Even if you can cover it on your card or whatnot, that's still quite a burden and a little presumptuous to expect that kind of money upfront. I know I checked my pre-order over a couple times w/Urban Samurai because I was surprised that they didn't even want a deposit. Good luck, a-dev!

I noticed Toy Anxiety is doing this as well... they are the only retailer in the US offering 10% off, but you have to pay in full. I trust them, but don't want to have $700-$800 in figures and shipping tied up for that long. I seriously doubt these figures will be released on time, and would figure a minimum delay of 3 to 6 months.

Still it's a bit tempting to save $70 on the set... but I'll probably just go with Sideshow and get 5% back.

What do you guys think, will they add the unmasked head to this version?

Have they ever done a photoshoot and then added or taken away accessories from what was pictured? I'm not a die hard Hot Toys/Sideshow collector so I'm asking honestly. My guess would be no.

Have they ever done a photoshoot and then added or taken away accessories from what was pictured? I'm not a die hard Hot Toys/Sideshow collector so I'm asking honestly. My guess would be no.

They have added stuff. For example, they added robot Falcon to the Falconer Predator. This is going way back, but I think they also added the Ripley figure to the Powerloader pre-order after it was already put up for order.

They added in the fixed-pose repulsor hands in the Iron Man Mk.VII, WAY after the initial photoshoots.

They added a black shirt to the T-800, etc....
Question is if they will add something as big as a head.

If they make another version with the head I cant help it but feel *******ed by Hot toys

the more I look at this, the more I want to order it.....must resist.....Bravo Hot Toys....miles above the first version....

They have added stuff. For example, they added robot Falcon to the Falconer Predator. This is going way back, but I think they also added the Ripley figure to the Powerloader pre-order after it was already put up for order.

They added the black shirt for the T-800, the rock holding Thor's hammer, A second sculpt for Leonidas....They can add a HS......it has been....

Back