Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't have chosen this on purpose. I just assumed it was like most of the other sites, order and pay an NRD. There seems to be no UKers logged on right now who can confirm what I strongly suspect, that I am paying for these in full straight away. Maybe its my fault for not reading the site properly before ordering but whatever the case may be, this is not ideal for me. I'm going to have to borrow money out of my savings to make an emergency payment tomorrow because this will take me something like 300euro over my limit. Thats if its not rejected by my CC company and I don't know how Collectiblesdirect deals with that. Do they consider it a cancellation and charge their own fee on top of what my CC company may charge for my going overlimit (which I've never done before so I don't know)

The site does take a bit of reading before placing an order it seems...

https://www.collectiblesdirect.co.uk/Layaway

But I think if you ticked the two boxes,

* Please select options below before adding this item into shopping cart:
I agree to pay minimum 10% non-refundable deposit for this item.
I understand the release date of this product might be delayed by manufactory.

Then i think you will be ok? if you took the 10% off option then that was the full payment.

Or cancel and wait for CKB bringing more in and go *tick *tick *checkout :lol

All the best.

I wouldn't have chosen this on purpose. I just assumed it was like most of the other sites, order and pay an NRD. There seems to be no UKers logged on right now who can confirm what I strongly suspect, that I am paying for these in full straight away. Maybe its my fault for not reading the site properly before ordering but whatever the case may be, this is not ideal. I'm going to have to borrow money out of my savings to make an emergency payment tomorrow because this will take me something like 300euro over my limit. Thats if its not rejected by my CC company and I don't know how Collectiblesdirect deals with that. Do they consider it a cancellation and charge their own fee on top of what my CC company may charge for my going overlimit (which I've never done before so I don't know)
I can't imagine that they can charge a cancellation fee. Honestly, I'd be blown away if that's legal (especially without a bunch of 'are you sure?' pages), so I think you're safe there.

And yes, totally got from the initial post that this was not your intent (though I maybe wasn't clear). What surprised me with my own order, was I just got an invoice for the total amount, which, after careful reading, I realized was due only when the items are shipped from Sideshow to Urban. Otherwise it looked like a normal invoice and personally even with room on my card, I'm not cool with putting the better part of a grand on it for something shipping that far out. Hopefully it's the same in your case or you can work something out with them.

The site does take a bit of reading before placing an order it seems...

https://www.collectiblesdirect.co.uk/Layaway

But I think if you ticked the two boxes,

* Please select options below before adding this item into shopping cart:
I agree to pay minimum 10% non-refundable deposit for this item.
I understand the release date of this product might be delayed by manufactory.

Then i think you will be ok? if you took the 10% off option then that was the full payment.

Or cancel and wait for CKB bringing more in and go *tick *tick *checkout :lol

All the best.
Ah, well done, JD. I'm sure they'll allow you to switch your order over to deposit, a-dev. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for those responses guys. I just read on the site that I can cancel within 7 days of ordering with no cancellation fee. To be honest I think I'm going to do that because, like you Invictus, I'm not comfortable paying in advance for something that won't be out for probably another year.

And JD_Myers I think, if mine was a misunderstanding then you made the exact same one in your reading of the site. Because if you look at their Q & A:

Q: If I order something on pre-order when my card will be charged?

A: We have 2 payment options for pre-orders:

1. Pay in full -- You can choose to pay in full in advance (if you don't use our Layaway Plan) and we will despatch your order as soon as we get the stock in. There is a discount for making full payment for some pre-orders items, you can select it at "Available Options" of the product before adding it to the basket.

2. Pay with installments -- You can choose to pay your orders with installments (We call it Layaway Plan). We ask 10% non-refundable deposit for both instock or pre-order orders. For full details of how to place orders with Flexpay, please see here.

That gives the impression that there is only 2 options neither of which is the standard 'we only charge when we ship' deal.

:clap

945601_471195976297976_1484281_n.jpg
968877_471195992964641_913984554_n.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for those responses guys. I just read on the site that I can cancel within 7 days of ordering with no cancellation fee. To be honest I think I'm going to do that because, like you Invictus, I'm not comfortable paying in advance for something that won't be out for probably another year.

And JD_Myers I think, if mine was a misunderstanding then you made the exact same one in your reading of the site. Because if you look at their Q & A:

That gives the impression that there is only 2 options neither of which is the standard 'we only charge when we ship' deal.

Ah right so you didn't really want to be charged a deposit either?

My mistake i thought you were making a preorder with deposit and then full balance due when shipping is near? I thought that was pretty standard practice with most UK sellers these days. I haven't come across a seller that doesn't take a deposit, maybe I am wrong but I just make all my PO's with OSB or CKB and they take deposits.

Ah right so you didn't really want to be charged a deposit either?

My mistake i thought you were making a preorder with deposit and then full balance due when shipping is near? I thought that was pretty standard practice with most UK sellers these days. I haven't come across a seller that doesn't take a deposit, maybe I am wrong but I just make all my PO's with OSB or CKB and they take deposits.

Actually thats exactly what I thought I was signing up for. One single deposit now and then the rest when it was ready to ship.

But if you look at those payment options in the Q & A the only one that even mentions a deposit is the layaway option - and I did not select that.

Actually, it shows that the neck's a tad too long. HT seems to love long necks...

Holy... those pics look amazing!!
Really tempting to get the chair as well hmm... it just pains me how long I have to wait for this figure to come out.

Actually thats exactly what I thought I was signing up for. One single deposit now and then the rest when it was ready to ship.

But if you look at those payment options in the Q & A the only one that even mentions a deposit is the layaway option - and I did not select that.

With the layaway option, on pre-order items you can just pay the deposit and clear the balance once the item comes into stock (you get 4 months to clear it after it comes into stock).

So you could either drip feed your payments or pay one lump sum to clear the balance as you see fit.

Here is the text from collectiblesdirect website (I have Black Widow ordered through them)

There is a time limit for paying off the full amount with your orders with Layaway.

1. For instock items, you need to clear the full amount in 6 months, within this you can pay as many times and amounts as you like.

2. For pre-order items, you need to clear the full amount within 4 months after it comes in stock ( that means the time period is from your order placed till 4 months after items are in stock). We will send you a notice by email to inform you that your preorders is in stock. So you can choose either clear the full amount in time or in 4 months.

Matt at ToyHQ is a good mate, hes a competitor of mine BUT we are mates, we often help each other or even work together.

So I have no hesitation in recommending him, you dont get may companies recommending their competitors!!

Thanks mate as always for your custom :hi5:

Did anybody order this from "onesixthbruce" whose post I am quoting (since he is a member here)? How do you get this guy to respond?!
I am trying to get some information from him but this is impossible since he doesn't answer PM or emails.
I just don't understand how he is so well regarded as a seller when his communication with customers is non existant?!

I like seeing the on.cc pictures. They show a figures warts and all, rather than in their most flattering light.

The inside of his thigh holster looks like die cast to me. So I think it's all of the "metallic" armour.

But the proto could be made out of anything. Only HT know at this point.

Back