Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many did you buy this year. As in may have been on preprder but hit the card this year. Asking cause this year took a toll on me. Big toll.
I just corrected my post.. 15 characters, 17 figures. :)

This year? One so far; I got the Tamashii C-3PO in March.

I'm hoping to get the DX13 Arnold in a month or so, too.

After that - at this stage, nothing till probably HT Adam West Batman.

I just corrected my post.. 15 characters, 17 figures. :)

This year? One so far; I got the Tamashii C-3PO in March.

I'm hoping to get the DX13 Arnold in a month or so, too.

After that - at this stage, nothing till probably HT Adam West Batman.

See thats a smart thing to do. I burnt my fingers jumping into the batman series and avengers. :( feel miserable.

If you're not happy - sell the ones you don't need dude!! :lecture

Use the money for something better - or save it for figures you REALLY want. :wink1:

That really is the best thing. I sold two of mine that I wasn't crazy about and got one I'd wanted for a long time.

I don't regret selling the others a bit.

That really is the best thing. I sold two of mine that I wasn't crazy about and got one I'd wanted for a long time.

I don't regret selling the others a bit.

Where did you do it?

I started collecting back in March and i'm coming out of my "Honeymoon" phase where I love everything and want everything. I may have to move a few things like my dx 10 and possible a MIB Aldo Raine I got super cheap at comic store.

Use the money for something better - or save it for figures you REALLY want. :wink1:

I make a point to only buy the figures that I really want as I know that I can't part with anything (I'm not a hoarder, honest) so buying for the sake of buying is a no-no for me.

I sort of go through the pros and cons on each figure I want and then make the decision on whether to buy it or not.

It works for me.

Yep. I definitely plan to sell some, However a bit later in time. Somehow you do get anywhere in between 80 pct to 120 pct depending on figure so i dont think its too bad to buy more than what i need. Usually profit and loss weighs out. However, i have drastically cut preorders (apart from the 8 that are in preorder until march 2014) mostly getting hit heavy by robocop and darth vader which are way too expensive for my like.

I've gone back and forth with 1/6 figures over the years. I recently picked up the 1989 Joker from the forum and I absolutely love it. It really makes me want to get back into 1/6 figures, but only a select few and only for certain movies. I'm considering Robocop and the BD T-800.

You guys all know what works for you, I'm sure. :)

It's interesting though; there are avid collectors - really enthusiastic people that enjoy the actual collecting part of the experience that want large collections to suit their all encompassing focus - & then yeah, the hoarders. Sometimes there's a fine line I imagine.. :lol

I'm just keeping it really simple. Regarding the 1/6 figures, my goal is to have a couple of characters from each of the six existing SW films - specific figures, & then one or two pieces each to cover the classic comic book stuff & the 70s / 80s icons - i.e, Alien, Pred, Terminator & RoboCop.

Outside that, a handful - if that, of misc stuff. I reckon in the end, I'll have somewhere between 40 & 50 figures - tops. Even after whittling down my 'grail' list to the, for lack of a better word - essentials.. there's still a fair amount there. :lol

You guys all know what works for you, I'm sure. :)

It's interesting though; there are avid collectors - really enthusiastic people that enjoy the actual collecting part of the experience that want large collections to suit their all encompassing focus - & then yeah, the hoarders. Sometimes there's a fine line I imagine.. :lol

I'm just keeping it really simple. Regarding the 1/6 figures, my goal is to have a couple of characters from each of the six existing SW films - specific figures, & then one or two pieces each to cover the classic comic book stuff & the 70s / 80s icons - i.e, Alien, Pred, Terminator & RoboCop.

Outside that, a handful - if that, of misc stuff. I reckon in the end, I'll have somewhere between 40 & 50 figures - tops. Even after whittling down my 'grail' list to the, for lack of a better word - essentials.. there's still a fair amount there. :lol

Yeah I sort of follow that philosophy as well. A few figure from stuff I like.

Star Wars - Emperor Palpatine w/ Throne, Darth Sidious/Chancellor Palpatine, Darth Maul, Commander Cody and Mace Windu.

Predator - Classic, the new P2 and Berserker.

Terminator - DX10 and Tech Noir Terminator.

Batman '89 - Batman & Joker.

Nolan's Batman - DX11, DX12 and Bane.

And CR Superman.

I have on PO - Darth Vader, Darth Malgus. Mime Joker, The Crow. Robocop with Mechanical Chair and I'm debating on PO General Grevious. And I have an Enterbay Scarface War version coming to me soon.

So I like to keep my collection to what I like/want and hopefully I will be seeing some stuff I would like to see be made/released in the future.

Ive only bought and kept figures that caught my eye and or where form movies that Ive watched 100 times and can still watch over and over... So far that system has netted me right around 57 figures... The only line Ive since sold off traded or gotten out of that Ive bought is Ironman...

I Think a lot of collectors seem to collect from the golden era of the 80's-90's icons whether it be from movies to cartoons or videogames etc

That's what i've mainly bought while i also have bought a few from recent movies that i've liked

Ive only bought and kept figures that caught my eye and or where form movies that Ive watched 100 times and can still watch over and over... So far that system has netted me right around 57 figures... The only line Ive since sold off traded or gotten out of that Ive bought is Ironman...

It is good to have you own way or justify, :lol a way on how to handle this collection.

As I say as long as it works for you then keep it up. :clap

Back