Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once again, paying $425 for the full set was friggin' brilliant! Argh! :banghead
The thing is though this stuff is so hit and miss in regards to aftermarket value. Most stuff goes for more or at least around the regular price. This is one seller who has a good deal on just the figure, not sure if I'm going to bite on it though.

The thing is though this stuff is so hit and miss in regards to aftermarket value. Most stuff goes for more or at least around the regular price. This is one seller who has a good deal on just the figure, not sure if I'm going to bite on it though.

I gambled, I lost. :lol

I doubt it'll be any lower than $227 with free shipping so if you like the character, go for it, dude. Congrats. :duff

Just messing around a little earlier with the film running on my monitor and did this quick pose with Robo.

KCAzNSo.jpg
BEST Robo pic yet! That is one amazing pose man! Very well executed! [emoji41]

Dont know if you are joking! What for?
???
- robocop on chair for robocop charging room
- robocop standart city patrol pose
- robocop for semi-damaged scene with ED
i'd get 4 for all faceplates and poses, but i seriously ran out of shelf place.

...or did you mean the robocop room by Jedster? yes i've already got the room and the stairs, never had a chance to see what stairs look like yet (didn't unpack and assemble it, as right now i have no place for it).

yep. one in october, another in january or february, i don't remember exactly.
but no way of placing them anywhere until i design some supershelf and find somebody who could make it.

Any of you actually use the Diecast Gun? I frigging love the Diecast gun but i rather have Him holding the plastic one. So mine just stays in the box :p

Any of you actually use the Diecast Gun? I frigging love the Diecast gun but i rather have Him holding the plastic one. So mine just stays in the box :p

I have mine in the leg holster
Chair is in the box :(

Yep, the diecast gun is designed for the holster, the plastic one for holding.

I think the die-cast gun is not meant to be held by the figure as it might cause joint fatigue due to its weight.

Well that's good to know, I kept trying to make it hold it but was afraid. Never did think about the holster lol :slap

I picked up the mechanical chair version for what seems like a pretty good deal off Amazon last week. While I've had the figure since Wednesday, I've been paranoid to open it because of the chance of the rubber damaging over time. Shin-etsu grease is supposed to be the best solution to preventing the rubber creasing and cracking, right?

This is only my second Hot toys, and my first was the IM3 Silver Centurion, and I've never handled figures with this sort of rubber deterioration issue. So I'd appreciate any tips on how to keep the piece as pristine as possible.

Yeah at some point I think I'm going to attempt repainting the armor darker myself. Because as sleek and clean as the existing paint looks, ultimately it's just not nearly close enough to this for my taste:

View attachment 170576

Heck it probably doesn't even need to be some gorgeous translucent paintjob to look like an improvement either. Just create a mix that looks like the basic color, airbrush on some of the more blueish-purple hues over that, then gloss the whole thing up afterwards.

I won't do it if I where you. The attached shot is not from the remastered version of the movie and it looks too dark and terribly blueish. Buy the remastered version on Amazon and see how the colors looked like in the theater at the time the movie was released. I remember when I saw the movie back in 1987 that Robocop's costume was much lighter.

Perfect shot! No gap in the arm/shoulder area and the arms appear to come up higher than the shoulder
Robocop all the way

Great pic. Looks like its coming out of the screen. welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji106][emoji482][emoji482]

BEST Robo pic yet! That is one amazing pose man! Very well executed! [emoji41]

Thanks for the nice comments guys, I got lucky with the picture having the background silhouette mask some of the imperfections. Glad you liked it I have Peter Weller to thank for the original pose, just tried to replicate it as close as possible.

I won't do it if I where you. The attached shot is not from the remastered version of the movie and it looks too dark and terribly blueish. Buy the remastered version on Amazon and see how the colors looked like in the theater at the time the movie was released. I remember when I saw the movie back in 1987 that Robocop's costume was much lighter.

Here's what the two different versions look like.

First BD release.
MGl2wAq.jpg

Remastered BD
65l30Rc.jpg

Both images are cropped and resized as the focus was on colouration of Robocop and not fully representative of the BD image quality. My remastered version image comes after re-encoding video for use on my Plex media server to Apple TV with but no alteration to colour information.

Here's what the two different versions look like.

First BD release.
MGl2wAq.jpg

Remastered BD
65l30Rc.jpg

Both images are cropped and resized as the focus was on colouration of Robocop and not fully representative of the BD image quality. My remastered version image comes after re-encoding video for use on my Plex media server to Apple TV with but no alteration to colour information.

Yes that's exactly what I meant, couldn't find a good example online, thanks NeoStuey!

Back