Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any preference for the material used on armoured figures, but, I genuinely can't tell the difference between the plastic or die-cast parts on this or the 1/4 endo.

Personally I don't think this figure should be sold as diecast, it's misleading..., I have no problem with mixed media parts but at best all it warrants is a mention of them in the description listing sub points.

Well, the product description says "May Contain traces of die-cast material, product has be processed at a facility that handles die-cast materials".

People with an allergy were warned.

Personally I don't think this figure should be sold as diecast, it's misleading..., I have no problem with mixed media parts but at best all it warrants is a mention of them in the description listing sub points.

Yeah. Like I said before, this figure could have been all plastic and still turn out as awesome, and for maybe $30 less. The full-BD version would be as good a Robo figure as this one (if not better), and it has zero die-cast.

Yeah. Like I said before, this figure could have been all plastic and still turn out as awesome, and for maybe $30 less. The full-BD version would be as good a Robo figure as this one (if not better), and it has zero die-cast.

I like the look of it & don't regret ordering it, agree though that it could've been all plastic..., no need for diecast at all really.

I like the look of it & don't regret ordering it, agree though that it could've been all plastic..., no need for diecast at all really.

Yeah. Still a very good release from HT, and I'm glad that they revisited the Robocop franchise -- and that the figures look great (some issues aside). I've always wanted a good 1/6 Weller Robocop but the earlier HT release I didn't like much. If I weren't an HT collector yet, this would have made me one.

I think the paint is good , but not accurate to ROBOCOP 1. However the movie poster and DVD cover shows being chromeish silver like the HT figure. I am wondering if that's the look they were going for , polished silver / chrome look / style . Maybe it might have been too difficult to get them all looking the same as the blue mists might differ to each one and then of course us Sideshowfreaks would ***** and moan . Looking at Robocop 3 , the colours seem less blueish more silvergreyish . That could also have been the look . Is this better than the enterbay one ? I don't know the enterbay one looks baddass . Still I have some awesome figures in my collection and this by far seems to be my favourite at the moment , and still brings me back to the 80's . Watching Robocop 1 on blueray looks awesome . Its a little outdated now , but in blueray I do appreciate the film better. I have this weird habit of when I get a new figure I watch the blue ray movie for like two weeks nearly everyday just so I can compare accuracy . I did notice the collar isn't accurate to the movie , as there are two separate lines at the centre of the collar . ( where it joins the chest to the back ) . on the HT figure its missing . that's about the only thing I noticed aside from the paint . I think the gloves look less glossy in the film .

I think the paint is good , but not accurate to ROBOCOP 1. However the movie poster and DVD cover shows being chromeish silver like the HT figure. I am wondering if that's the look they were going for , polished silver / chrome look / style . Maybe it might have been too difficult to get them all looking the same as the blue mists might differ to each one and then of course us Sideshowfreaks would ***** and moan . Looking at Robocop 3 , the colours seem less blueish more silvergreyish . That could also have been the look . Is this better than the enterbay one ? I don't know the enterbay one looks baddass . Still I have some awesome figures in my collection and this by far seems to be my favourite at the moment , and still brings me back to the 80's . Watching Robocop 1 on blueray looks awesome . Its a little outdated now , but in blueray I do appreciate the film better. I have this weird habit of when I get a new figure I watch the blue ray movie for like two weeks nearly everyday just so I can compare accuracy . I did notice the collar isn't accurate to the movie , as there are two separate lines at the centre of the collar . ( where it joins the chest to the back ) . on the HT figure its missing . that's about the only thing I noticed aside from the paint . I think the gloves look less glossy in the film .
They also didn't bring the rubber far enough back on the shoulder blades, gaps too big in the thigh/groin area, I think the arms should have been attached higher, which would bring the arch of the shoulder/arm above the rings on his collarbone
But the head is spot on and I love the articulation.
Still glad I got this robo

The one thing that's kinda bugging me, as I find different poses for him, is how the arms and legs are attached with those big sliding tubes. It's a pain trying to keep those things hidden (and have him not look like a giant kid's toy), and I can't help but wish they had found a way to create more realistic joints for him instead. Or even just attach the armor to a regular body (and if that means not making him diecast, then so be it).

Added the damaged parts on the figure. I really like this look.
1a5997bf1cf0afa62088bd0b7f2d986e.jpg

Think I'm gonna hold off and wait for the BD version, or see how the paint app is on the Robo2 release if and when that is revealed.

I've said previously, prob figure of the decade. Apart from the paintjob, absolutely amazing.

Sadly, I cannot get past it BEING THE WRONG FRICKING COLOUR!!!!

:lol :lol :lol

Have to say it has kinda killed my buzz aswell, and is contributing reason why I scaled back my collecting plans for the line.

:lol :lol :lol

Have to say it has kinda killed my buzz aswell, and is contributing reason why I scaled back my collecting plans for the line.

My Robocop and Chair is arriving tomorrow and I'm really hyped for it and being really busy these last few months I have been out of the loop with this release, (hardly seen any pics or watched any YT reviews) but obviously I'm aware of the paintjob screw job and hearing that from yourself buddy is having me a little worried.

I did not pull the trigger on this guy rather elected to wait for the BD version. I have seen regular version at two separate collectables stores. One of him sitting in his chair. Wasn’t to impressed. And kept on walking. Maybe was the position displayed and lighting. I saw him in another store standing upright and could see some purple hues. Looked so much better. I had to stop and admire for a few minutes. It actually looked so much better. Still no regrets on passing.

“C’mon BD Murphy don’t let me down”!!

Back