Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is compared to the first version I had enough money unlike you and I would take this one any day over any other one. If its not good enough for you, then you might have to wait 8 more years. Or buy the Neca one.

I have the 1/4 Neca figure. Great figure for the price. But don't miss the point, please. If you are not like me, you can buy anything you want. But I prefer to not be fouled by a false promise, and I have the right to complain about what I do belive is not honest from HT with all of us as buyers.

Last edited:
You don't happen to live in North America or Europe, do you? I wonder if Beijing is playing politics with your Robo. It's petty and it sucks, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Now you mention it, yes I'm in the UK. Damnit. Loonten keeps using the words "don't worry" yet he hasn't shipped another one out in replacement of this and it STILL hasn't moved from where it was posted after being returned. I have no chance of seeing this thing from Loonten do I? what a mess he's made of this.

And now he's likely asleep so I won't find out any more information for ANOTHER 24 hours. Wish I hadn't bothered trying to buy this thing now, really.

Now you mention it, yes I'm in the UK. Damnit. Loonten keeps using the words "don't worry" yet he hasn't shipped another one out in replacement of this and it STILL hasn't moved from where it was posted after being returned. I have no chance of seeing this thing from Loonten do I? what a mess he's made of this.

And now he's likely asleep so I won't find out any more information for ANOTHER 24 hours. Wish I hadn't bothered trying to buy this thing now, really.

The European collector is pretty much bent over a barrel when it comes to these things. Go with Budget Stark and you're practically guaranteed to get it and get it first, but expect to pay a premium. Go with Sideshow and you're guaranteed to get it but expect to pay fee after fee after fee. Go with UK sellers and you'll probably get it, but not until several months after everybody else gets theirs. And there are still fees to deal with, no?

The European collector is bent over a barrel when it comes to these things. Go with Budget Stark and you're practically guaranteed to get it and get it first, but expect to pay a premium. Go with Sideshow and you're guaranteed to get it but expect to pay fee after fee after fee. Go with UK sellers and you'll probably get it, but not until several months after everybody else gets theirs. And there's still fees to deal with, no?

Yep. I'm just so angry at the whole thing mate that I'm tempted to get a refund and forget about it, or any future Hot Toys purchases for that matter aside from the pre-order for BD Robo with ToyHQ. Which will not be released for a long time anyway. *sigh*

Sorry to bring the mood down in here all the time lately, keep enjoying your Robocop, he looks awesome.

No fees.

I bought mine with Lee at The Good The Bad and the Robots, £225 delivered.

Won't probably see it until January though but that's not a problem in the slightest.

Yep. I'm just so angry at the whole thing mate that I'm tempted to get a refund and forget about it, or any future Hot Toys purchases for that matter aside from the pre-order for BD Robo with ToyHQ. Which will not be released for a long time anyway. *sigh*

Sorry to bring the mood down in here all the time lately, keep enjoying your Robocop, he looks awesome.

No, you have every right to be pissed. We'd be too if we constantly were being given the run-around. Hasn't Loonten historically delivered to buyers after HK and before Sideshow?

No, you have a right to be pissed. Hasn't Loonten historically delivered to buyers after HK and before Sideshow?

Probably. I don't mind the short delay, hell I don't even mind that everyone else gets his/hers first from Sideshow despite it supposed to have been the other way around and I understand it takes a while from China, but the thing hasn't moved from where it was posted and he doesn't seem to be even remotely bothered, just gives me 3 lines of text, two of those are "hi friend" and "thanks", which is INCREDIBLY irritating.

He replied earlier when I asked if he has to send another package out now that APEC have stopped the first one and all he said was "no, i never receive package." what the hell does that mean for me then? I just sit and wait, for what? it's clearly not going to be delivered as it's sat still for the last 3 days. Ugh.

Probably. I don't mind the short delay, hell I don't even mind that everyone else gets his/hers first from Sideshow despite it supposed to have been the other way around and I understand it takes a while from China, but the thing hasn't moved from where it was posted and he doesn't seem to be even remotely bothered, just gives me 3 lines of text, two of those are "hi friend" and "thanks", which is INCREDIBLY irritating.

He replied earlier when I asked if he has to send another package out now that APEC have stopped the first one and all he said was "no, i never receive package." what the hell does that mean for me then? I just sit and wait, for what? it's clearly not going to be delivered as it's sat still for the last 3 days. Ugh.

I only found out about this figure this past May, a full YEAR after it went up for PO. I only made final payment a few weeks ago. There's no way in hell I should have this before you. In a just world, I wouldn't.

I know it doesn't mean much, but I hope these issues with Loonten are resolved very promptly. You don't have any money tied up in this purchase, do you? Can you still cancel without penalty, or threaten to cancel?

I only found out about this figure this past May, a full YEAR after it went up for PO. I only made final payment a few weeks ago. There's no way in hell I should have this before you. In a just world, I wouldn't.

I know it doesn't mean much, but I hope these issues with Loonten are resolved very promptly. You don't have any money tied up in this purchase, do you? Can you still cancel without penalty, or threaten to cancel?

I paid for it in full in September, he's had the money since then. It's not a financial drain in any way but that's not really the point is it? you've paid for an item that doesn't appear to be even leaving its origin country and have a seller who doesn't tell you anything but "I haven't received package yet" - ditto!!

Thanks btw. I sound like a stuck record and I know how infuriating it will be to those in this thread who want to enjoy the figure and share photos etc. Might have to cancel it by the end of the week, I won't get it elsewhere as I can't be doing with the long UK delay and fees from Sideshow etc at this time of year. Such a disappointment, no longer can I class him as a good reseller after this.

I paid for it in full in September, he's had the money since then. It's not a financial drain in any way but that's not really the point is it? you've paid for an item that doesn't appear to be even leaving its origin country and have a seller who doesn't tell you anything but "I haven't received package yet" - ditto!!

Thanks btw. I sound like a stuck record and I know how infuriating it will be to those in this thread who want to enjoy the figure and share photos etc. Might have to cancel it by the end of the week, I won't get it elsewhere as I can't be doing with the long UK delay and fees from Sideshow etc at this time of year. Such a disappointment, no longer can I class him as a good reseller after this.

That's the thing wich is pretty annoying with lootentoy is it's communication skills.
He speaks broken english, when I contact him I make very simple phrase that he has only to answer yes or no.
Clearly he's waiting to get your figure back before shipping it back.
Now I dunno what happened to your figure, why you didn't collect it and as returned but next time if you don't want to wait have it shipped by ems.
When you buy outside ebay you get a discount, if you buy outside ebay but still pay the ebay price he ships by ems.

Myself I'm going to order my robocop from him (still haven't decided chair or not chair tho grrrr), since I got my terminator safe and sound from him I will use ems since I don't want to wait 10 days/2weeks for it.

That's the thing wich is pretty annoying with lootentoy is it's communication skills.
He speaks broken english, when I contact him I make very simple phrase that he has only to answer yes or no.
Clearly he's waiting to get your figure back before shipping it back.
Now I dunno what happened to your figure, why you didn't collect it and as returned but next time if you don't want to wait have it shipped by ems.
When you buy outside ebay you get a discount, if you buy outside ebay but still pay the ebay price he ships by ems.

Myself I'm going to order my robocop from him (still haven't decided chair or not chair tho grrrr), since I got my terminator safe and sound from him I will use ems since I don't want to wait 10 days/2weeks for it.

I wasn't given the chance to collect it, it never arrived in the UK.

It went: Tianjin > Beijing > Tianjin.

All he gave me as an excuse was "APEC", which I know *nothing* about and Google doesn't help me, followed by "don't worry". Frankly I think the way he's handling this is pretty awful, enough for me to think twice before using him again in the future. If he's waiting to get the package back before he does anything about it then I estimate at least another month of waiting, which is simply unacceptable.

Yes I should have chosen EMS, but he's shipped enough of these to know the rules and not mess up like he has.

He hasn't told me what the next step is, if the item is going to be sent back to Beijing, if I have to wait for him to get it back before he can do anything, when he's expecting to get it back. Nothing. I'm just so angry with it that I'm tempted to open a case later today can get the money back.

Just to be safe open the case, that will make him act.
In one Way or another.
if you paid in September, not sure you re still covered...
Since you are not planning to use him again, just open the case.

I wasn't given the chance to collect it, it never arrived in the UK.

It went: Tianjin > Beijing > Tianjin.

All he gave me as an excuse was "APEC", which I know *nothing* about and Google doesn't help me, followed by "don't worry". Frankly I think the way he's handling this is pretty awful, enough for me to think twice before using him again in the future. If he's waiting to get the package back before he does anything about it then I estimate at least another month of waiting, which is simply unacceptable.

Yes I should have chosen EMS, but he's shipped enough of these to know the rules and not mess up like he has.

He hasn't told me what the next step is, if the item is going to be sent back to Beijing, if I have to wait for him to get it back before he can do anything, when he's expecting to get it back. Nothing. I'm just so angry with it that I'm tempted to open a case later today can get the money back.

APEC is the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Summit and this year it's being held in Beijing. What it has to do with our packages making a uturn back to Tianjin is anyone's guess. My tracking says the same as yours wherein it's back in Tianjin. I told him I wanted a refund but he insists there isn't a problem and said he would check with China post. I'm just going to order again from SSC and cancel with him.

Sorry for all of the frustration. Maybe give Loonten another week? :dunno

On a lighter note, a vid for those who enjoy watching cluster**** reviews. He's like a Shartimus wannabe.

Edit: This might be the most unintentionally funny Robo review on the 'net. Highly recommended. :lol

Managed to get hold of batteries. The sound is very clear. Nice little added touch!

Now that I got a new job, it's time to buy ED!! Lol

2c7562e98028fe897874e58e2ebed43b.jpg

Sorry for all of the frustration. Maybe give Loonten another week? :dunno

On a lighter note, a vid for those who enjoy watching cluster**** reviews. He's like a Shartimus wannabe.

Edit: This might be the most unintentionally funny Robo review on the 'net. Highly recommended. :lol

Robocop ******* face?!?!
Best review ever.
Subscribed.

APEC is the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Summit and this year it's being held in Beijing. What it has to do with our packages making a uturn back to Tianjin is anyone's guess. My tracking says the same as yours wherein it's back in Tianjin. I told him I wanted a refund but he insists there isn't a problem and said he would check with China post. I'm just going to order again from SSC and cancel with him.

I just received this:

"if the package does not [go] through the safety inspection, the post will resend package,

i'm still waiting reply from post, i can not do anything now."

So what, it automatically tries to send it again without intervention? aaaargh *RAGE*. Friday is the cut-off point for this, if nothing has happened between now and then I will want a refund. All I can say is, way to ruin your reputation.

Latest posts

Back