Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This seems to be a growing trend on ebay. New to HT I've been watching a huge amount of stuff. If the bidders don't drive the auction up to within a couple dollars of the items actual price they layer their bids psychotically. None of it makes sense to me.

This seems to be a growing trend on ebay. New to HT I've been watching a huge amount of stuff. If the bidders don't drive the auction up to within a couple dollars of the items actual price they layer their bids psychotically. None of it makes sense to me.

Watching MMS238 parts myself. When you need bodies and heads you're pretty much as well to buy complete figures. Which I think I may do. I'm feeling impatient to complete my T1 builds but ****, the prices are hard to stomach for each isolated part. Why not have a full figure for only slightly more when you add it all up. I don't trust the auctions to end dramatically below the BINs at this early stage of the 238 part outs what with the buyer frenzy we've been talking about here.

Can anyone speak to the facepaint paint apps and whether or not its the lighting of the photo that makes the skin look too tan? Or are there paint apps out there where it is actually too tanned. Thanks in advance for your time! Was thinking about picking this up but I was concerned about this.

Great photos Pete. Really digging the lighting on these.

Can anyone speak to the facepaint paint apps and whether or not its the lighting of the photo that makes the skin look too tan? Or are there paint apps out there where it is actually too tanned. Thanks in advance for your time! Was thinking about picking this up but I was concerned about this.

I think Skull mentioned that they look a little tan in hand, but it's not godawful bad.

:lecture
Its really not bad at all, maybe a bit tan for Weller but still looks like a white guy, I haven't had time to take any more comparison photos but here is the one I took for size, also should help in terms of judging skin tone.

Next to the TTM18 Narrow shoulder

attachment.php

Cool, assuming no trip to customs I shall indeed have this tomorrow. It has arrived in Ireland.

Best of luck to you, customs hung on to my armory for 9 days!
For a measly £30!
*******s
Hope you get yours through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, assuming no trip to customs I shall indeed have this tomorrow. It has arrived in Ireland.

Congrats on getting him tomorrow:hi5:

Just a couple of tips when you get him to help you out. First the Battery cover, after you unscrew it does not just come out, there's also no where to grab it to pull it out, I used double stick tape to attach to the plate to pull it off, no damage that way.

Second, be very careful when changing face plates, the fit is extremely tight, I put a small dent in the chin of one of the plates trying to slide it down in place, it got dented from the chin guard:( You can't tell once in place but still.
(I ordered an extra set of extra faces to keep mint due to my OCD:cuckoo:)

Again I'm sure you know but it takes 2 N Type batteries to run Robo:lecture

Looking forward to your Robocop vs Terminator pics:wink1:

Congrats on getting him tomorrow:hi5:

Just a couple of tips when you get him to help you out. First the Battery cover, after you unscrew it does not just come out, there's also no where to grab it to pull it out, I used double stick tape to attach to the plate to pull it off, no damage that way.

Second, be very careful when changing face plates, the fit is extremely tight, I put a small dent in the chin of one of the plates trying to slide it down in place, it got dented from the chin guard:( You can't tell once in place but still.
(I ordered an extra set of extra faces to keep mint due to my OCD:cuckoo:)

Again I'm sure you know but it takes 2 N Type batteries to run Robo:lecture

Looking forward to your Robocop vs Terminator pics:wink1:

Thanks Skull. The batteries aren't a huge priority at the moment, I'll get some eventually. I'll keep what you said in mind.

If the faceplates are a tight fit no wonder we saw some pretty ****ed up show pics. I guess I'm gonna have dinges/scratches. By your standards I probably don't have a single mint-condition figure in my collection :lol Especially not my Terminators.

Back