Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem to remember at the time the fig came out most people on here were somewhat underwhelmed by the fig, mostly by the lack of accessories, no Trailmaster jacket etc. I think maybe a few collectors skipped on it thinking HT would make another Bane like they have made many Ledger Jokers but of course that didn't happen.

If you got a Bane now your looking at easy over $300, probably more like $400

DSCF3563_zps44edf1b6.jpg

Speak of the devil and he shall appear

I was expecting Bane to come with PERS to be honest, felt it was necessary given he was mostly communicating his emotions with his eyes in the movie
I don't see them making another Bane now but at the time I was certain a DX would be coming with PERS and seamless arms

I was expecting Bane to come with PERS to be honest, felt it was necessary given he was mostly communicating his emotions with his eyes in the movie
I don't see them making another Bane now but at the time I was certain a DX would be coming with PERS and seamless arms

That's why I waited especially since I bought a DX01 Joker and a couple years later Hot Toys announced the DX11. But we got nothing and now the price is definitely not worth it. If I could figure out a good pair of pants, I might just try to kit bash him.

That's why I waited especially since I bought a DX01 Joker and a couple years later Hot Toys announced the DX11. But we got nothing and now the price is definitely not worth it. If I could figure out a good pair of pants, I might just try to kit bash him.

lol I'm in the exact same point, I've been waiting for a decent pair of pants to be offered so I can kitbash the stock exchange look (though a black pair of military pants would probably do)

Honestly, at this point I'm kinda just over it, Rises is my least liked from the trilogy and probably my least favourite Nolan film too, but Bane looks so great on display

When this came out you could buy them for less than retail..now....:slap
For such a derided film and character demand is very high for this figure hence the big $$$$ prices

Derided film? Yeezus. Rises has been critically acclaimed and made 1.3 billion. 87% on Rotten Tomatoes, 8.5 on imdb. Just because the haters in geek circles are extremely loud does not mean the film wasn't great. Even if I acknowledge that Dark Knight is the better film, Rises is still my overall favorite. Especially because of Bane.

Derided film? Yeezus. Rises has been critically acclaimed and made 1.3 billion. 87% on Rotten Tomatoes, 8.5 on imdb. Just because the haters in geek circles are extremely loud does not mean the film wasn't great. Even if I acknowledge that Dark Knight is the better film, Rises is still my overall favorite. Especially because of Bane.

I am with Gaunted, for me rises while entertaining, the quality really is at its worst but still a very good film. Bane while he was cool he is not a patch on Ledgers joker, but Bane was still good I just wish they went a different route with Bane which was a shame. Lets take away the joker character in general, that ledger joker character alone for me is one of the greatest movie characters of all time, it is iconic and he is legendary just because of what the joker was trying to achieve, and what he stood for which today's comic book films do not quiet get, leto is going to look so mediocre compared to how that ledger joker was written and the themes in which ledgers Joker stood for. Its nothing against Leto, its just some movie characters are milestones in film making

And there is the saying less is more that is ledgers joker in a nutshell, Ledgers joker for me is the Michael Myers of comic books. His lack of backstory, the mystery of why he does what he does, and the moment he tells Rachel about the scars I thought the game changed completely. We went from a guy who wanted to rip off a mob dealers with an abused child hood backstory of why he was disfigured, to something completely terrifying when he explained in detail to Rachel, we truly do not know a thing and understand anything about this man.

I thought the psychology behind the joker's method of madness was gripping, and what Alfred explains about what the joker wants really put that Joker into overdrive. The story of the bandit who saw stealing the diamonds was good sport, but ultimately throwing them away, and what summed the Joker up. The joker piles all the money like a mountain that the joker stole from all the mobs, purposely shows the second mob leader the money and burns it all, and the summarized message the joker gives on why he is that good of a character (its not about money, its about sending a message, everything burns). Not very often do you get movie villains written that good, it was not about just ledgers performance, the way he was written is why I loved ledgers Joker. The joker crushed the mob, killed rachel, manipulated Harvey, destroyed the best of Batman, Gordon and Harvey, left Gordon having to lie to keep everyone in prison and broke Batman mentally, now that is one hell of a win for the Joker

Sorry I rambled on there haha

I still want one but with the current prices its not gojng to happen. At this point Im just going foward with the Batfleck universe and whatever villains we get with it.

I still want one but with the current prices its not gojng to happen. At this point Im just going foward with the Batfleck universe and whatever villains we get with it.

I was glad I bought myn on ebay for a bit over the retail price, just because his black vest shirt was already added by the previous buyer, which covers up the horrible arms you see on him

This was the cheapest I could find on Ebay, will send the link below. I got myn for 353 dollars, which I did not mind paying because the vest was already added, and I got the camo tumbler for a great price is well

Hot Toys Bane The Dark Knight Rises | eBay

I got bane on release, he was a cool figure but I preferred the joker and batman together as being iconic to batman, that and I too thought it was the weakest of the Nolan trilogy-I still liked it tho.
But for me bane wasn't as important or significant as joker, the same reason I never got catwoman too despite being a massive batman fan.
Sold it for a good profit too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was glad I bought myn on ebay for a bit over the retail price, just because his black vest shirt was already added by the previous buyer, which covers up the horrible arms you see on him

This was the cheapest I could find on Ebay, will send the link below. I got myn for 353 dollars, which I did not mind paying because the vest was already added, and I got the camo tumbler for a great price is well

Hot Toys Bane The Dark Knight Rises | eBay

Thanks.I actually had one but sold it and no way am I paying near $400 for one. I'm looking forward now and if I drop $400 on a Nolanverse villain it's going to be DX11(which I also had but sold).

Not sure if this was brought up before but, did anybody ever experience pleather flaking on their Bane hot toys Bane figure?
Below are pictures of pleather flaking on the jacket (below collar and below sleeves/armpit area) and on the gauntlet (top part):

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

Guess I'll consider the pleather flaking as "battle damage" on my Bane figure :lol
Posed Bane on the Batmobile (black Tumbler) placed vertically, signifying Bane has beaten Batman :monkey3

Picture taken from phone...

IMG_0450.jpg

Hello,everyone. What is the best price for this one (SEALED in shipping box) at this moment?

I preparation for building the Wayne Manor diorama that sit across from our Stark mansion I have been filling the holes in my DC Collection.

I have most of the figures I wanted except Bane.

Ebay isn't an option since most sellers are asking unrealistic prices considering the last 10 Banes sold for an average price of $357

If anyone has a stock or kit bashed bane that they want to sell email me at [email protected]

If you price is right we can close the deal now

BTW - I love the look of this figure without the coat

Yeah I have never seen him being sold for anything less than 300$USD for the past 2 years. I know there is an "unnofficial" 1/6 being sold right now. I am so tempted to buy one just to see what the quality is like lol

Back