Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, though I feel their inventiveness and creativity have fallen a bit in the past few years. None of their Bat-related box art has equaled their Two-Face/Harvey Dent and Bank Robber Joker (1.0) boxes, both of which are about six years old now.

I show off my boxes in a line sitting above my shelves - which is perfect, because that's too high to place any more of the figures (they'd be too hard to see), but there's just enough room to fit the larger, vibrant boxes.

I agree, though I feel their inventiveness and creativity have fallen a bit in the past few years. None of their Bat-related box art has equaled their Two-Face/Harvey Dent and Bank Robber Joker (1.0) boxes, both of which are about six years old now.

I show off my boxes in a line sitting above my shelves - which is perfect, because that's too high to place any more of the figures (they'd be too hard to see), but there's just enough room to fit the larger, vibrant boxes.

The bank robber joker 2.0 was one of the best Iv seen since the original bank robber. It's an amazing piece of art, for a box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coffee table project done

3e0f5ad136741f53cd6074f2afa2c8ca.jpg

svander, what an amazing display? Did you do all the work on that?

No, not even close, I wouldn't know where to start. I paid an acrylic shop to do it. They charged handsomely but there's just no other way to display a behemoth such as the tumbler. Bane is the icing on that very expensive cake.

The case is made of 3/8th inch acrylic, the base is gloss black with an edge routed on it so the case sits on top of it.

The top slab is a separate piece I had them make out of 1/2 inch acrylic,l to sit on top of the acrylic box so that it has some functionality as a table. It's also all UV resistant.

The bottom platform is the top of an ikea coffee table. I had a smaller case made for the Catwoman figure. This one sits on a shelf over a desk now (on top of a dresser seen below).

66bfdb4090863ac0b152c21b4253d650.jpg

No, not even close, I wouldn't know where to start. I paid an acrylic shop to do it. They charged handsomely but there's just no other way to display a behemoth such as the tumbler. Bane is the icing on that very expensive cake.

The case is made of 3/8th inch acrylic, the base is gloss black with an edge routed on it so the case sits on top of it.

The top slab is a separate piece I had them make out of 1/2 inch acrylic,l to sit on top of the acrylic box so that it has some functionality as a table. It's also all UV resistant.

The bottom platform is the top of an ikea coffee table. I had a smaller case made for the Catwoman figure. This one sits on a shelf over a desk now (on top of a dresser seen below).

66bfdb4090863ac0b152c21b4253d650.jpg

Magnificent. I've seen a lot of amazing stuff on this site, but these cases have to take the cake. Simply stunning. Very nice!

I'm really considering getting this figure for s while, but I have one main concern that I just can't pass over. Maybe you guys can help me. Does the leather in the vest shows any sign of deterioration? Some people commented on how it was glued and that could be a problem. As far as I can see, the coat is made of good quality pleather, but the vest is my main concern.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No issues with mine. It's under the heavy jacket and I haven't changed the pose that I put him in initially.

Thanks for the answer. It really seems like a wonderful figure. I think I'll bite the bullet and buy one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A little love for Bane today...got him into his fav sweater for the holidays. I think of all the figures I have, I come back to "play" with this one the most...

bane_0.jpg

bane_2.1.jpg

bane_1.jpg

bane_3.jpg

bane_4.jpg

bane_5.jpg

bane_6.jpg

DAMN what a masterpiece of a figure Bane is, shame I was not collecting this piece back in 2012. Defiantly picking up Bane since I have paid a quarter of the tumbler camo version, its never complete without Bane, which ultimately completes this kind of collection.

Just joined the community earlier today and was trying to figure out how much some of my sixth scales are worth. I'm not trying to sell anything but was wondering how much would be a Fair price for a bane that has been out of the box for a couple of years? It does have an awesome presence on a shelf though so I probably will never be able to actually part with him

Just joined the community earlier today and was trying to figure out how much some of my sixth scales are worth. I'm not trying to sell anything but was wondering how much would be a Fair price for a bane that has been out of the box for a couple of years? It does have an awesome presence on a shelf though so I probably will never be able to actually part with him

You can always search completed sales on eBay or try CollectHT.com - Hot Toys Collector Resource & Price Guide
They have Bane at $390: Movie Masterpiece Series - Hot Toys Collectors Price Guide - CollectHT.com

Welcome to the show :duff :welcome

Oh wow that was helpful thanks. I love nolans trilogy and I only have right now the original dark knight batman and bane. I was thinking about selling them both and switching over and collecting the burton stuff but I'm not sure. Any opinions ? Bane is pretty bad ass with his coat on though so idk. My biggest issue is the bale batman I have looks kind of dated and wonky

These questions are best answered by scanning Ebay for recently sold auctions that match the conditions of your figures.

I managed to get myself a HT's bane today, the price was too good to pass up, with my camo Tumbler arriving on the 31st of dec, this truly caps of 2015 with a bang, cannot wait to display them together

Back