Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

How come in those Screen Grabs, he looks bulky, and in this shot he doesn't:

2012-07-22-DKR07430rv3_410.jpg

Maybe Hot Toys based the body design on this screen? :dunno

This is pre-CG, I assume.

Also, that sweater sure looks cozy in that on.cc shot.

There's no CG enhancement to the size of Bane in TDKR

None.

It's all in the camera angles

I wasn't sure, since I never saw anything on-set that looked like it could be used for later processing. But Nolan and Hardy both mentioned that there would be CG work done for Bane's physique. Unless those interviews were before the CG idea was scrapped?

I never read that in any interviews myself but yeah the final look is all real, with makeup over his tatoos and scarring prosthetics along his spine and on his head

so you dont think this fig was rushed out for the movie because of the teaser, i do, theres so many flaws to it, body is terrible they needed to make a a new body for him, at leaset enterbay made new bodys for there last few releases, rm4 rm4.5 rm5 now the will smith body, and im so gutted hardy was amazing as bane, the sculpt is great but just the damn body and clothes, lets hope they fix it

I just pointed out that the gauntlet not being able to accommodate a fisted hand is hardly indicative of the figure being rushed. If you think it's rushed because of the reasons you mentioned, sure, that's your opinion.

Do I think it's rushed? No. It's not HT's best work but I can't blame them for Hardy's body type not matching any existing 1:6 bodies. There are flaws but they're not deal breakers for me. He's a "fixer upper" admittedly, but I'd be ok if I left him as is. Especially if you display him with his coat on. I think a custom body would've drove the price up. So yeah we have differing opinions about him, and he's not everyone's favorite. Nothing new to see here.

If that's what the back of Bane's head looks like than the 1/4 scale Batman Bane mask is wrong.

None.

It's all in the camera angles

Maybe they shouldve used CG :lol. Tom Hardy isn't what id call a big guy. Sure he was still built in TDKR like he was in The Warrior, but when I think of Bane from the comics, hes not nearly muscular enough.

With all the complaints about the body size, which of the HT body's would work with bane if you had to choose one?

I would prefer to have him dressed like he was in the finial battle, not a huge fan of HT's clothes. I do have him PO'd as he was a badass in the movie.

I just want them to fix any colors that are wrong. Other than that, not to concerned about the size because I'll just pad his torso and weather all his outfit. Can't wait to complete the TDKR shelf ....

I'm not as much upset about the way he looks (although his arms are too skinny) I'm more upset over the lack of accessories he comes with, just some hands, a broken mask and a shirt that I would never put on him. But i guess there just wasn't a whole lot in the movie they could go off of.

530201_402146703180659_888872403_n.jpg

What happened to the "BANE" nameplate? :dunno

Hope it's removable, that way I can get one for the DX12.

530201_402146703180659_888872403_n.jpg

What happened to the "BANE" nameplate? :dunno

Hope it's removable, that way I can get one for the DX12.

Duude! You took the words right out of my mouth. I logged on because I just thought of this. I don't like the DX12 stand anyway buy the Bane one will look sweet with Batman.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

As I understood the tech, Joker didn't have to make a phone call to be tracked. The system used active cellphone signals to test ambient audio and map surroundings. It was an active sonar system with thousands of sonar ping sources ... not a universal cellphone wiretap.

Joker only had to speak within earshot of someone with a cellphone on them.

SnakeDoc

This whole things was the blemish on the movie IMO. I mean, of all the far-fetched Bat-Gadgets, this has got to be the most unbelievable one.

Looking at the other TDKR Bane collectibles out there, Bane also has small-biceps proportions in this statue:

icon-the-dark-knight-rises-12-inch-statues-3.jpg

Is it possible that our eyes are being cheated, and Bane has enhanced biceps/triceps within the movie? Or we just expect him to be bulkier because his character is being derived from a very hulky comic book character?

:slap I pre-ordered Bane, but I do hope they increase his bicep/tricep size/width! :tap

I don't know about you guys, but what is considered large if that's considered small?

The posture makes your arms look less big.

I want to pre-order Bane but his HS is a little off. It seams as if he has no nose. The mask is too low, and of course the body is still an issue.

375632_4001643332580_1602862065_n.jpg

Back