Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

And why would that be?

You think producing a new mold (including R&D,labor etc) for a new body specifically for Bane costs the same as using off the shelf bodies they've used before?

This applies to other consumer products btw.

that sweater needs the water treatment bad. he'd look a bit better in that pic if the right sleeve was tucked into the wristguard

:lecture

"Wet treatment"......really? You're paying 180/200 for this and you're okay with something like that? Why is criticism so weird around here? Now is the chance to fix things before the figure comes out, you're paying money for this you're allowed to demand things. We haven't seen much yet of Bane with the shirt on, if things can be resolved by just a bit of futzing then I'm fine with it. But if that's what it is then maybe we can do something about it, I'd like to avoid things like "Wet treatment" on high end collectibles tbh.

For top-notch futzing, water treatment (a.k.a. "wet treatment") is almost always necessary at this scale. And so what if it's "high end"? It's not like water is gonna hurt it. :dunno

165852_10150938808882344_1429177064_n.jpg
027_large.jpg

Looks pretty damn close to me.

I still have absolutely no problems with how this looks to have turned out, amazed by how much moaning is going on about it :dunno

I don't really get it either.

Specifically at the straps that connect to the belts at the waist is a major problem, in the render(which I find pretty darn accurate) the entire armor is *TIGHT*. The straps are tight, they're flat, they're nice and neat. That's what this figure is missing, VOLUME! A bigger body will fix a lot stuff I think, especially the romp. The arms are actually not that big on Hardy. And I haven't even began on the tailoring....

The reason the look loose is that the figure is crunching forward a little instead of leaning back like he is in the digital rendering. Also, I'm sure you can tighten the straps.

Duude! You took the words right out of my mouth. I logged on because I just thought of this. I don't like the DX12 stand anyway buy the Bane one will look sweet with Batman.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

The downside is you'll be displaying Bats on a piece of grate where he got his ass absolutely handed to him. :monkey1

If they don't improve the body, I'll simply pose my Bane with his coat on and be very satisfied. However, it would be nice to have the option of posing without the coat if they could make him look a tad bit bigger.

We'll see as HT has quite a bit of time before production.

Maybe they shouldve used CG :lol. Tom Hardy isn't what id call a big guy. Sure he was still built in TDKR like he was in The Warrior, but when I think of Bane from the comics, hes not nearly muscular enough.

True. But he was still intimidating.

NICE! So you CAN do the boss pose. I think this figure will get a bit more love now. Great pics zach. especially the HS close up. I've always liked it, but now I LOVE it.

Not my pics, grabs from this, fun watch:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1ob926Ur8Y[/ame]

Where did those pics come from?

The DX 12's 2 parted boots looks kinda weird from the side.

Screenshot2012-08-03at114518AM-1.jpg

And NOBODY sees this?!?!
humpty_bane_dumpty.jpg

NICE! So you CAN do the boss pose. I think this figure will get a bit more love now. Great pics zach. especially the HS close up. I've always liked it, but now I LOVE it.

I wouldn't count on what you see in that video as indicative of the figure's actual range of movement.

Back