Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Saw a pic on FB with the sweater under his vest. Terrible! Looked like a kid wearing his dad's shirt. Just way too big. HT needs to make the shirt smaller and more accurate to what he wore during the final battle.

But they showed the backside of the head sculpt. Good job adding the veins and scars. I'm loving the head sculpt, but little else so far.

It seems a bit rushed...you'd think given the money they earn they'd develop unique bodies for characters that need it as much as bane. The lack of PERS seems crazy when it's the characters sole means of facial expression. It could have been better, that's for sure.

The last thing HT needs to worry about is PERS. They need to worry about that hideous vest... & pants... & body... & neck...
We don't need a more expensive figure - just one that looks good. Is that too much to ask for, Hot Toys?!

Saw a pic on FB with the sweater under his vest. Terrible! Looked like a kid wearing his dad's shirt. Just way too big. HT needs to make the shirt smaller and more accurate to what he wore during the final battle.

But they showed the backside of the head sculpt. Good job adding the veins and scars. I'm loving the head sculpt, but little else so far.

Where are those pics?!?

In this thread. ;)

Oh...the ones that were multi-quoted to death several pages back---okay. Thought maybe he was referring to something new...

One things that stands out to me is the difference in mid-section bulk.

165852_10150938808882344_1429177064_n.jpg
027_large.jpg

Still on the fence with this guy...holding off on the PO for now...

I feel exactly the same way for the same reason...Hardy is not a huge man, but he's get that thick, brawler's mid-section going...this figure doesn't

Adjusting that and fine-tuning the strap placement would go a long way to making this figure work better...

Those new pics look horrendous

HT needs to go back to the drawing board with the body and the fit of the clothing

guys on.cc always takes crap pictures

This figure doesn't look so hot regardless of on.cc's photo taking skills.

Hmmm... HT seems to be doing everything possible to make this look worse and worse :lol

They really just need to make that gauntlet a plastic hand. The pleather gauntlet just isn't looking good. Sometimes 'real' material just isn't that great and should be sculpted. Plus, he can't even wear it with the fist hand. :duh

I'm just trying to figure out what TT to get if HT doesnt fix the body size.

Even with the flaws, I'm still pretty pumped for this figure. It far exceeds anything else that's out there, and I want all of the Nolan Batman rogues.

Hmmm... HT seems to be doing everything possible to make this look worse and worse :lol

They really just need to make that gauntlet a plastic hand. The pleather gauntlet just isn't looking good. Sometimes 'real' material just isn't that great and should be sculpted. Plus, he can't even wear it with the fist hand. :duh

:goodpost:

they gave Angelica an all plastic wrist guard that goes halfway up her arm and it can't even be seen with what she wears. They should've just done the same this here

All of these pictures make me glad I prefer him with the coat, as that seems to be the only time he looks good.

:goodpost:

they gave Angelica an all plastic wrist guard that goes halfway up her arm and it can't even be seen with what she wears. They should've just done the same this here

And if they did that with Bane, I can just imagine all the complaints that you wouldn't be able to put the sweater under the gauntlet like in the film. It feels like when it comes to this figure, Hot Toys just can't win.

This figure will improve before production; the question is how big of an improvement?

And if they did that with Bane, I can just imagine all the complaints that you wouldn't be able to put the sweater under the gauntlet like in the film. It feels like when it comes to this figure, Hot Toys just can't win.

it should be pretty easy to stuff into the wristguard if it was a soft plastic light the ones on TFA Cap :dunno

I loved this figure the first moment I saw it. I really don't understand all the hate here. Can't wait to get my hands on one!

This figure will improve before production; the question is how big of an improvement?

That's what I'm wondering. It's more than just improving small things at this point, they need to completely redo most of the figure. The only thing that should be left alone is the headsculpt - other than that, Hot Toys needs to go back to the drawing board & hope they've listened to all the complaints.

I'm just a bit disappointed the main villain of a batman movie as big as this one is represented this poorly, it's not terrible, but it can be WAY better.

hope HT still fixes him.

Back