Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Bruce Wayne said easy pass!

the sweat shirt was meant to be that big, i guess it needs a good futzing to make it look good a little bit

tom-hardy-bane-batman-tdkr-set-8-3-10.jpg

yea but not THAT big. btw, what do u mean by futzing??

yea but not THAT big. btw, what do u mean by futzing??

I think we might be able to make the sweatshirt "drag" or "weigh down" a little better...not sure if washing and softening it could work. In those pics its sitting as stiff as a cardboard. If the sweatshirt behaves more realistically I think this has definete potential. Also need to weather the ____ out of all his clothes (pants need to be darker, armor needs to be darker / dirtier/ etc.)

I think we might be able to make the sweatshirt "drag" or "weigh down" a little better...not sure if washing and softening it could work. In those pics its sitting as stiff as a cardboard. If the sweatshirt behaves more realistically I think this has definete potential. Also need to weather the ____ out of all his clothes (pants need to be darker, armor needs to be darker / dirtier/ etc.)

I think the one change of putting the gauntlet outside the sleeve would make a rather big difference. Do that, and try to round out the shoulders a bit (maybe put it on him damp), and I think it'll look fine.

SnakeDoc

I think it's also because the fabric of the shirt is to light or so to speak, it sort of floats above the arms right now when it actually should sort of hang down on his arms. Although heavy fabric brings it's own problems as well. this figure man.... :panic:

Wet treatment the shirt and it will look fine.

There are far bigger issues with this figure than that.

Damn. That doesn't look right.

Y'know I used to appreciate HT for trying to make sure that certain characters got the TT physiques they needed and 'close enough' was close enough but I think our standards have risen to a point where the above just doesn't cut it. Thats some guy in Banes outfit, not Bane.

Their T2 Arnold is off in this regard aswell sad to say. MMS117 and by the looks of it DX10 aswell.

Last edited:

Our standards have risen for sure. Their's are dropping IMO. I think what damages things even more is that although we all want Bane in our collection, we don't want a sub par Bane and it's a will tey won't they release a better version down the line scenario...I just don't trust them.

In the above picture, with the sweater on, Bane not only looks like a shrimp, but his sweater looks like ____. Come on Hot Toys, show some effort!

I despise the pics that come out of that on.cc whatever it is. Its like they set out to make every figure look as bad as it possibly can. However, that body is what it is.

that sweater needs the water treatment bad. he'd look a bit better in that pic if the right sleeve was tucked into the wristguard

Last edited:

I despise the pics that come out of that on.cc whatever it is. Its like they set out to make every figure look as bad as it possibly can. However, that body is what it is.

Yeah, but you can't save that sweater. It's like it's been over starched and ironed flat as you can get. Ick. I can forsee this figure needing a lot of work to be where most of us want him. I love the head sculpt and the outfit (minus the sweater), but the rest needs work.

Yeah, but you can't save that sweater. It's like it's been over starched and ironed flat as you can get. Ick. I can forsee this figure needing a lot of work to be where most of us want him. I love the head sculpt and the outfit (minus the sweater), but the rest needs work.

water treatment could possibly save it. would need a few goes though

water treatment could possibly save it. would need a few goes though

Yeah, that would certainly help, and I realize this is a prototype. Still, he needs a bigger body. I know I'm a sucker, I'm going to buy this, and Hot Toys are going to eventually do a DX that will blow this away. I just don't know why they won't give us a proper figure to start, and then, a year or two from now, make a Bane figure that offers something different and is a DX. But to start out with something that isn't to the best of their ability is frustrating.

Wet treatment the shirt and it will look fine.

There are far bigger issues with this figure than that.

"Wet treatment"......really? You're paying 180/200 for this and you're okay with something like that? Why is criticism so weird around here? Now is the chance to fix things before the figure comes out, you're paying money for this you're allowed to demand things. We haven't seen much yet of Bane with the shirt on, if things can be resolved by just a bit of futzing then I'm fine with it. But if that's what it is then maybe we can do something about it, I'd like to avoid things like "Wet treatment" on high end collectibles tbh.

:lol they do. That's why i'm glad the DX12 looked good in them.

My earliest memory of them goes back to the first T2 Arnie. Good times.

Damn. That doesn't look right.

Y'know I used to appreciate HT for trying to make sure that certain characters got the TT physiques they needed and 'close enough' was close enough but I think our standards have risen to a point where the above just doesn't cut it. Thats some guy in Banes outfit, not Bane.
Agreed.

I think Nolan's take on Bane, & Hardy in the role - masterstroke. This figure? Not quite living up to the hype if you use that last pic there.

I would LOVE one great piece from each film; I have the Tumbler, the HT BRJ, now just one awesome TDKR piece & I'm set (not a fan of the Nolan Batsuits.. :huh).

If Bane ends up being a disappointment, I'm praying for a knockout Ducard.. :pray:

Back