Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's just an expression, "I liked to be kissed before I get ****ed".

Could be worse I guess, atleast you didn't pay $500 for a Hot Toys Two-Face. I had trouble justifying the regular MSRP $300 price tag on DX 13 and Robocop, couldn't imagine what I'd do if I missed the boat on the Batman figures. I'd probably just pass.

Yeah, it's just an expression, "I liked to be kissed before I get ****ed".

Could be worse I guess, atleast you didn't pay $500 for a Hot Toys Two-Face. I had trouble justifying the regular MSRP $300 price tag on DX 13 and Robocop, couldn't imagine what I'd do if I missed the boat on the Batman figures. I'd probably just pass.

Meh, I noticed, to a small degree here and the TFW2005 forums (which I have been a member since 2007) the lengths and pride people have over getting items at retail or below. Ill pay retail or aftermarket for something I want. Sure its nice to get a good deal but I wont deny myself anything I can afford just because I have to pay $20 or even $200 over what original retail was. Like I mentioned before Im a new collector so im going to have to shell out a little more. Members in the sale forums arent exactly tripping over themselves to sell their wares at original retail. Its just tbe collecting game.

Meh, I noticed, to a small degree here and the TFW2005 forums (which I have been a member since 2007) the lengths and pride people have over getting items at retail or below. Ill pay retail or aftermarket for something I want. Sure its nice to get a good deal but I wont deny myself anything I can afford just because I have to pay $20 or even $200 over what original retail was. Like I mentioned before Im a new collector so im going to have to shell out a little more. Members in the sale forums arent exactly tripping over themselves to sell their wares at original retail. Its just tbe collecting game.

That's a great attitude to have. Sometimes you'll get a good deal, sometimes you won't. If you can afford it and you end up getting what you want, in the long run it doesn't matter much. Let people make fun. Even if you paid way below retail, like $50 for your Bane, there would be plenty of people making fun of an adult spending that much money on a "toy". Welcome, btw.

Wow, he's way oversized..... LOL

For Tom Hardy as he appeared in TDKR, yes. For a Bane figure, the exaggeration is a cool interpretation. If that DX12 Bruce were posed facing him, that headsculpt looks like he's looking up in dread of the beating he's about to get.

I'm a relatively new collector too. It's a good thing (for me) that HT keeps on churning out updated Avengers figures, so I can get the newer ones for retail instead of ebay prices. Luckily I'm not a completist--one representation of each character is usually enough for me. Plus as a general rule (though not in all cases) HT tends to improve as they go along. Dark World Thor looks leaps and bounds better than the first Thor to me, for example, and i love the Silver Centurion Iron Man. There are still a few "grail" figures for me, but they aren't incredibly expensive on the aftermarket yet with the exception of Ledger Joker, who I'm hoping Hot Toys will take another crack at.

I'm a relatively new collector too. It's a good thing (for me) that HT keeps on churning out updated Avengers figures, so I can get the newer ones for retail instead of ebay prices. Luckily I'm not a completist--one representation of each character is usually enough for me. Plus as a general rule (though not in all cases) HT tends to improve as they go along. Dark World Thor looks leaps and bounds better than the first Thor to me, for example, and i love the Silver Centurion Iron Man. There are still a few "grail" figures for me, but they aren't incredibly expensive on the aftermarket yet with the exception of Ledger Joker, who I'm hoping Hot Toys will take another crack at.

Oh boy, you've done messed up now. ;)

My problem was I really liked the current Avengers suits (especially cosplay Cap) so I had to pay higher to complete the current Avengers line up. Luckly I was able to get BW, Thor and Hulk for a little less than I would have paid from Sideshow because I was violated for Hawkeye. But the team is completed and I can move on. The bright side is Ill be on the ground floor for Avengers 2(which Im sure ill love as much as 1). For nolanverse I stopped at DX12, Bane and Selina with a maybe for 2.0 Joker. Id want Two Face but he goes for waaay more than I want to pay for what I consider to be a mediocre fig. Ill wait for a impossible 2.0.

Death, taxes, and Heath Ledger Jokers: the three inevitabilities of life. Another reason I hope HT takes another crack at Ledger is that I'm a bit underwhelmed at the sculpt on the new bank Robber figure, and the DX0-11 is pretty high on ebay.

^$285 ain't bad at this point in time. Bane is the best looking stock figure out of all the TDK releases. It looks just like him. Just be sure to undo the pants at the buckle and push them down a bit to make them appear more baggy, also be careful with the black sweater it has been know to bleed.

What was Bane at retail? I bought mine last year at SS but I can't remember. :lol
Bane is one of the most realistic looking figures to date. The sculpt is amazing and the clothes are top notch. Mine is wearing the jacket, so the pants don't show up. His skinny jeans don't bother me too much.

I believe the PO price for Bane was $190 from SS, however I didn't PO him because wasn't sure how he would tun out. PO sold out, figure was released and everyone went nuts for him...leading BBTS to jack up their price to $225 when they got their shipment. I paid the $225 but it was the last thing I ever bought from them.

BigBadToyStore.com.jpg

Back