Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just looked at my account and it was $195. If it was released this year I bet it'd be $250 at least.
Definitely worth the money even at $285.

So you paid a whole $35 more than retail and boycotted an excellent source like BBTS because of it? I spent $35 on breakfast this morning. I wouldn't shut anything down for $35 dollars.

So you paid a whole $35 more than retail and boycotted an excellent source like BBTS because of it? I spent $35 on breakfast this morning. I wouldn't shut anything down for $35 dollars.

I was under the impression BBTS is/was retail?:huh

Anyway, yeah they can do what they want and I can do what I want..before the Bane incident I purchased pretty much all of my HT from them. Then they got a little greedy...started jacking up prices on all the popular new HT releases.

Movie Masterpiece 1 6 Scale DX Batman Bruce Wayne - DX12 Dark Knight Rises Collectible Figure - .jpg

:slap

Last edited:
BBTS generally prices things at retail for the pre-orders / first batch. After that sells out, if and when they get any more in stock, they usually price it comparable to what the secondary market prices are for that item....and often (not always), still for less than you can find it averaging on eBay. I don't think they are arbitrarily jacking up the prices on first-run stock that they got direct/wholesale from Hot Toys, they'd never sell out of their pre-orders. Their initial price for the DX12 wasn't anywhere near $519.99.

BBTS generally prices things at retail for the pre-orders / first batch. After that sells out, if and when they get any more in stock, they usually price it comparable to what the secondary market prices are for that item....and often (not always), still for less than you can find it averaging on eBay. I don't think they are arbitrarily jacking up the prices on first-run stock that they got direct/wholesale from Hot Toys, they'd never sell out of their pre-orders. Their initial price for the DX12 wasn't anywhere near $519.99.

The PO price was $195, people who PO'd got it for that, the rest of the first run stock went for two hundred and twenty four dollars and ninety nine cents. Catwoman was also jacked up in price the same way, as was Dx12 and a few other hot/popular figures I can't think of off the top of my head. It is talked about in this very thread. I don't have anything personal against BBTS, no vendetta, no reason to unjustly slam them..again before Bane I used them often, even sung their praise on here. (great packaging, no po deposit, no cancel fee).

But then they decided they wanted to join the scalpers...

To be fair, this is what I paid for my PO'd Dx12:
BATMAN.jpg

Nice to see this thread became alive again.

I'm sharing my photoshopped HT bane I'm using as a wallpaper in my desktop.[emoji16]

y5avuvad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just shows how much in demand the figure is...[emoji6] I got my 2nd one for around $250 MiB shipped. May or may not be selling it though.

I was under the impression BBTS is/was retail?:huh

Anyway, yeah they can do what they want and I can do what I want..before the Bane incident I purchased pretty much all of my HT from them. Then they got a little greedy...started jacking up prices on all the popular new HT releases.

View attachment 119724

:slap

This is my problem with collecting. I have zero, ZERO sympathy for people who wait after release to buy figures and have to pay mark ups. Bane didn't sell out anywhere, even after he released. You could have found him a few weeks after release for retail . And guess what, bbts offered him for $ 171 in the initial po, then $190. They bumped up the price to $225 when their stock was low. It's business and the only person to blame is yourself, not bbts. You aren't entitled to anything. They don't owe you anything. You want something, pre order early . BBTS is still my favorite site .

My complaint with BBTS is customer service. It's not the best in terms of making you email them with questions. I rather talk to a live person. I had an instance where I bought a figure, then the next day found the same figure on another website $100 cheaper. I emailed to have them cancel my order since it had not shipped out yet. Needless to say by the time they responded they told me it was too late and it has shipped. If I wanted to return it then I would need to pay to do so.
In the end, I ended up with two of the same figure. :slap

Ive had zero problems with BBTS CS and ive been buying TFs from them since 2007. In that time ive had to return or replace multiple items and they have never given me a hint of grief. There are guys that buy Masterpiece Transformers overseas to save, literally, $15 but if tbe figured us ****ed they are screwed. I always pay the extra $10-$15 just for their no hassle CS if the figure is defective.

yeah but now the prices are so high

Thats the price for getting into the game late. If you miss out initially, you will be stuck paying higher prices most of the time.

Anyways, about BBTS, I agree I don't like their EMAIL ONLY communications, but they do get back to me fairly quickly. I was a little perturbed by them recently though. I had a few items preordered through them that came into stock and were moved to my pile of loot. My wife surprised me on Fathers Day and bought me what I had saved in my Pile of Loot. I called to cancel/return the items and was told they would let me cancel "as a one time courtesy" for Store Credit. That kind of sucked. Why can't I cancel an item that has not yet shipped for my money back? Because of that, I make sure I actually really want an item from them now because returning/cancelling is kind of a hassle. Not a big deal, just a lesson learned.

Has anyone weathered their coat? I know hitting it with sandpaper will do the trick... I'm not brave enough to do it yet.

Back