Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

The figure does look lackluster, but I know I need TDKR Bane in my collection. Hardy's pitbull, fanatical ideologist with a metal muzzle, allready appears to be better than any of Bane's comic book potrayals. If its over 200$, Ill pass and wait for the DX. If the price is bearable, I'll preoder and then eventually scavenge extra DX accesories from Ebay.

Other than the lack of extra bits, and poor looking body, the figure main problem is the head. It's not like the likeness is off, but it lacks the certain intensity that Hardy has shown in so many scenes. Plus the mask, there's something wrong with it, but I can't quite put my figner on it. It's like the overall look of the head is too perfectly round.

Other than not having a few more accessories (should atleast have the Buttmunch photo to go with the Bumbler) and the inevitable high price, I don't see what's so bad about this?

It's exactly what I expected a "Hot Toys Bane" to look like. A few colors are off and the straps look like ____ but that's the case with every 1/6 figure. I have a Bank Robber Joker whose bag strap is ratty as hell and we all know how long it took for HT to get orange lining and purple coats right.

It's fine, nice headsculpt. Stap whining. If anything it's the character, not the figure.

Did you guys not expect cut joints? What did you want, rubber?

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Sad isn't it?!??!

This is more accurate vest colors than the Hot Toys one.

IMG_7592.JPG

I think its the rush-job people are feeling by the lack of easy, KNOWN accessories and the poor tailoring on the outfit, and reused body that people are complaining about. All legit problems. Not the he-has-too-many-hairs-in-his-eyebrows type of complaints we get in the Joker threads.

LOL WHAT?

391449_10150938809327344_1462759993_n.jpg

Other than not having a few more accessories (should atleast have the Buttmunch photo to go with the Bumbler) and the inevitable high price, I don't see what's so bad about this?

It's exactly what I expected a "Hot Toys Bane" to look like. A few colors are off and the straps look like ____ but that's the case with every 1/6 figure. I have a Bank Robber Joker whose bag strap is ratty as hell and we all know how long it took for HT to get orange lining and purple coats right.

It's fine, nice headsculpt. Stap whining. If anything it's the character's visual appeal that's "meh", not the figure.

:exactly::exactly:

This just feels like a v1, you know there are two or three more coming with more. :lol

Just woke up to this , i gotta say i really like it, the body is a bit skinny but once the jacket is over the top looks fine to me, i will be picking it up

It's fine, nice headsculpt. Stap whining. If anything it's the character's visual appeal that's "meh", not the figure.

I would be inclined to agree. I think that the outfit looks pretty nice, and the Hardy head looks good. I'm worried about the price, though. I'm still hoping for a DX, though. His other two looks, these two, Buttmunch portraits, detonator, PERS(I think this is one that would really benefit from the feature, if done properly).

He looks good enough for me, i'm not too picky because of my eyesight :lol......but keep that price in check HT....or else i'll just buy one. :tap

If no body buys him we will have another Two Face on our hands

Sad isn't it?!??!

This is more accurate vest colors than the Hot Toys one.

IMG_7592.JPG

Yup Cosmo, we should abandon Hot Toys en-mass and go back to purchasing $10-15 Mattel figures that we KNOW are more accurate/poseable/take up less space/more impressive when our friends come over/cheaper on our wallets...:cuckoo:

yup bye-bye Hot Toys, how DARE you announce BANE so close to the movie release, and how DARE you not include every barbie-like outfit seen in the movie, and how DARE you charge us... UH, what were you gonna' charge for this? :slap sorry let's SPECULATE and PONTIFICATE on that question :wave (p.s. more of a response to the other posts, not you Cosmo:peace)

If anything it's the character's visual appeal that's "meh", not the figure
I love Hardy's Bane design the more I see it. The clean shaven, bull-necked, psychopathic fanatic, with a militaristic outfit and a damned muzzle that looks like a heavy metal spider parasite ;). It just doesn't translate well into the 1/6 scale apparently. At least not with this particular figure.

Still, this looks pretty sweet:

391449_10150938809327344_1462759993_n.jpg

311517_10150938809592344_1712645329_n.jpg

375667_10150938809852344_2022923853_n.jpg

I'll definitely be getting one. I hope the price point is around $180ish. But $200 and up is a bit ridiculous.

A bigger body that had some pronounced shoulder muscles and trunk-like neck would've been appreciated.

I know that Hardy isn't the biggest dude, but I kinda hoped HT would err on the beefier side here rather than leaner.

With the jacket on, it's negligible, I suppose.

Ugh damn you Hot Toys for making yet another figure I must have. Now bring on Catwoman. Man if she looks anything like Anne Hathaway which she probably will I would explode.

I do think that the body is a little lazy, though. If they can give Barney Ross a newly developed body with his tattoos, etc., I really wish they could've given Bane something that was more accurate to his physique or, at the very least, had his scars.

Back