Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Well,
-the Buttmunch photo for one.
-The detonator (or initiator as HT likes to call them)
-more hand poses
-football megaphone/mic (whatever he uses)
-more outfit options (he's got like 4 different outfits in the trailers alone)

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head but Void would probably be able to list some more. But the lack of anything is a real shocker. I bet he doesn't even have the scar running down his back. HT just needs a new body for him with double jointed elbows for the Boss poses. Or just included swapable TT arms to achieve that in the coat.

For figure teased so long ago, its very lackluster.
My thoughts exactly. Their teased photos built up a lot of hype. And for what? :lol

Can you give me a rundown of what cou'dve been included, cheers

are you saying you want standard TT joints for the boss pose AND no visible joints aswell? :confused:

I'd say, at the very least, his detonator. I'd like to say a Dent photo, but I'm not sure, would that require Eckhart's okay/royalties? If so, I would see why they couldn't include it.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

cc6db8f2.jpg

I would agree, but what if HT misinterpreted that? If noone buys this, is it possible that they could take that as "people aren't interested, why should we take a loss by revisiting him?" rather than "Let's release this better one since they caught on to our last scheme."

Skipping out on this could be potential risk, but it's one worth taking, in my opinion. I say this, even though I know this thing will sell like hot cakes because what I say on a board like SSF won't affect the HT collecting market as a whole.

Can you give me a rundown of what cou'dve been included, cheers

are you saying you want standard TT joints for the boss pose AND no visible joints aswell? :confused:

I don't care. Coat it with rubber all the way up. lol

But seriously, it's lacking so much details compared to Joker and Batman. I guess it's the fault of the 1/6 scale. It would have been cool if they weathered the vest with the appropriate colors.

Since I have parts of the Bane costume for some upcoming conventions, it's hard to look at the 1/6 scale attire on this and feel satisfied because so many details are off.

The right handed side of the shoulder strap actually has different fasteners.

7549048446_8b1b789f75_c.jpg

7549049690_f7774c0cf8_b.jpg

7549048996_a07a534132_b.jpg

7549050952_709da9b31e_b.jpg

Last edited:

I would agree, but what if HT misinterpreted that? If noone buys this, is it possible that they could take that as "people aren't interested, why should we take a loss by revisiting him?" rather than "Let's release this better one since they caught on to our last scheme."

That's there own doing then by setting the trend for such thinking :lecture

People wouldn't expect a 2.0 if HT didn't do so many versions in the Batman line

I think it looks amazing.

The lack of accessories will hopefully keep the price down.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl *catches breath* :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

My thoughts exactly. Their teased photos built up a lot of hype. And for what? :lol

Yeah, he was basically READY then. 6 months for a broken mask and a base? :lol

I'd say, at the very least, his detonator. I'd like to say a Dent photo, but I'm not sure, would that require Eckhart's okay/royalties? If so, I would see why they couldn't include it.

I wouldn't charge them a dime. :lol

But seriously, those should already be included in the license. Plus they've already done Harvey so its a non-issue. If it wasn't, it would be a good excuse for a V2 Two-face anyway :dunno

Are we supposed to be impressed? Looks like one of their older generic muscle bodies with zero detail... And Lols @ the accessories.

The need to do something for Bane like they did for batman, he needs atleast 2 different expressions, 2 head sculpts I think is need with this. He's need a sculpt that shows the fury in his eyes, this is way to neutral. Also, he needs his other coats that he wears through the movie, he has 3 that I can count, possible 4. This is nice and I will get it if its as cheap as the First avenger captain america, otherwise count me out.

Last edited:

I do think that this is a wasted opportunity on HT's part, in terms of a reveal. This figure is pretty bare bones, and HT probably would've gotten better reception if they'd waited until Thursday night. Everyone still has their TDKR buzz, and they're excited to see Bane.:dunno

I don't know why I'm surprised at the negative response so far but I am. No, seriously not discounting all the views expressed here, maybe my first impression is the wrong one, but right now I'm baffled. Anyway, I'm off to bed.

Wow how dare I even like this figure after reading all of these posts.

People won't be satisfied with any figure til Hot Toys starts a clone factory and starts selling people like Tom Hardy off for $160. :pfft:

well I think it looks awesome :)

not over $200 awesome

but $170 (including shipping) awesome, sure!

its a shame about the lack of accesories though :-/

but other than the minor nitpicks about the color of the vest etc. I think this looks pretty dead-on! (even with the exposed arm joints)

I'm pretty sure they just wanted this figure to be more of like an accesory to the camo tumbler (which they "revealed" at the same time)

BUT I'll still pick it up (even though I think 150 is enough to justify this fig...should'nt be worth more than that)

I think its the rush-job people are feeling by the lack of easy, KNOWN accessories and the poor tailoring on the outfit, and reused body that people are complaining about. All legit problems. Not the he-has-too-many-hairs-in-his-eyebrows type of complaints we get in the Joker threads.

I'm diggin' it. glad they at least included the long sleeve shirt. love the base too. will go well with DX Bats and 2.0 Joker

I feel underwhelmed. But then again, can't say the movie design wows me either. It just doesn't have that iconic look.

Easy pass.

Back