Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

I think it's pretty good.

Accessories are lacking and base isn't needed in this case.

I'd have preferred the Cowl to be this shape...
70d10_capturefoj.jpg

This without the price should be lower than Spidey as that has two heads, but with the base i think they'll be putting it around $210

Wow! Very surprising. Not DX. And really no accessories. Just the broken Batman cowl and the base. REALLY barebones here. Price better reflect that because its obvious a V2 is arleady in the works. There is TONS of things he could have included just based on the trailers. Really big fail on the accessories HT!

Not even a Buttmunch photo :slap

Also, just noticed the pants don't have the right details either.

Vest and pants are off. Boots too dark. Joints. Can't do iconic boss pose.

So disappointed.

Don't buy this. I'm not even going to waste time on pointing out it's flaws.

This figure just screams "Barebones quick cash grab to capitalize on the movie" as it doesn't come with much at all in the way of accessories because HT has not seen the movie or hasn't seen enough comprehensive reference materials.

It's practically a 100% guarantee there will be a bigger, better, more stacked Bane release from HT in the near future.

Alla entrance song at a wedding...

'Here come the whinners, all dressed in black'
'they expect more, and will complain if less...'
'derailing threads, _____ing about release dates'
'why do we bother, placing posts in these threads'

:wave

No kidding. God forbid someone get excited about this release and then post about it, they'd get strung up in here. Lol

Figure looks good! A bit lacking in accessories, but it's a great likeness IMO. If it's over $200 I'll pass, if not, we'll see!

I think he looks very good. I don't know anything about accuracy here but at this point in time he looks excellent to me. I will probably want to buy this figure for sure after saturday.

I'll pick this guy up (depending on price). Not much doubt in my mind that there'll be a DX or another MMS, at the very least, but if I can have two Jokers and two Batman's, an MMS and another MMS (DX?) Bane can't hurt.

Last edited:

Wow! Very surprising. Not DX. And really no accessories. Just the broken Batman cowl and the base. REALLY barebones here. Price better reflect that because its obvious a V2 is arleady in the works. There is TONS of things he could have included just based on the trailers. Really big fail on the accessories HT!

Can you give me a rundown of what cou'dve been included, cheers

Also, just noticed the pants don't have the right details either.

Vest and pants are off. Boots too dark. Joints. Can't do iconic boss pose.

So disappointed.

are you saying you want standard TT joints for the boss pose AND no visible joints aswell? :confused:

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

oh, and :lecture

That makes it an instant pass in my book. :lol

This figure just screams "Barebones quick cash grab to capitalize on the movie" as it doesn't come with much at all in the way of accessories because HT has not seen the movie or hasn't seen enough comprehensive reference materials.

It's practically a 100% guarantee there will be a bigger, better, more stacked Bane release from HT in the near future.

:lecture:lecture

Better be $165 or a pass, I just bought a new fridge so i'm tight on mula. :lol

Is $165 too low :lol

Last edited:

I think he looks very good. I don't know anything about accuracy here but at this point in time he looks excellent to me. I will probably want to buy this figure for sure after saturday.

I think it looks very good too, the only accuracy thing i notice is the colour of the vest straps being green instead of brown.

But the big chance of there being a V2 has me holding off on this for then

since I'm already in whine mode...way to not rhyme...

:rotfl I aim to please just like HT :monkey3

You plastic crack-whores will see the movie this weekend, whine about likeness, details, cost, and then in a few months when this is posted by OMG, Luka and others, you will be the ones buying:yess:

seen this in other threads about HT figure releases :monkey1 (not directed to you SOZE, but others)

I would agree, but what if HT misinterpreted that? If noone buys this, is it possible that they could take that as "people aren't interested, why should we take a loss by revisiting him?" rather than "Let's release this better one since they caught on to our last scheme."

Can you give me a rundown of what cou'dve been included, cheers

are you saying you want standard TT joints for the boss pose AND no visible joints aswell? :confused:

Well,
-the Buttmunch photo for one.
-The detonator (or initiator as HT likes to call them)
-more hand poses
-football megaphone/mic (whatever he uses)
-more outfit options (he's got like 4 different outfits in the trailers alone)

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head but Void would probably be able to list some more. But the lack of anything is a real shocker. I bet he doesn't even have the scar running down his back. HT just needs a new body for him with double jointed elbows for the Boss poses. Or just included swapable TT arms to achieve that in the coat.

For figure teased so long ago, its very lackluster.

It really pisses me off that HT can't try to perfect Bane the first time around and we are going to have to wait even longer for a 2.0 that will be quite expensive. They should do it right the first time, this honestly looks like no effort was put in. VERY disappointing...

I think it looks amazing. :dunno

The lack of accessories will hopefully keep the price down.

I'm not sure what I expected out of this or what I expected this to come with in terms of accessories but I'm underwhelmed I'm sure it'll be over $200 no problem. On to Catwoman.

Exposed joints, no accessories, scrawny arms....PASS! I DO like the base though!

Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Fail #1
8fe9fe43.jpg

Fail #2
19acd3fd.jpg

Fail #3
7fdfb779.jpg

So this is Bane's secret weapon?
1656fb93.jpg

Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Vest wrong, body WAY too skinny (would´ve preferred their "artistic freedom" on that and give more beef), pants look ridiculously strange and did I say the Vest ist wrong and he´s WAY too skinny?!?!?!
:lol

But seriously...the vest looks like cut out straight out of a leather couch.

WTH!??!!?!?

Back