Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think she looks pretty great -- I think they did a good job capturing Scarlett's likeness. Love the way the suit turned out & that they included the taser bracelet & gloves (and alien rifle). Which, btw -- she did use the tasers in the movie -- I think twice, but one time I specifically remember was when her & Cap were fighting the aliens & she had climbed onto one's back/shoulders & tasered it in the neck.
I will agree with some that the upper body is a bit off (too thin) & I am disappointed with the rooted hair over sculpted -- but NOT for the reasons some people are suggesting. I am gay so I reaaaallly don't have any masculinity issues over owning something with rooted hair since the majority of society thinks I grew up playing with barbies anyway (btw, I didn't, lol) & as a huge Black Canary fan I have all the Tonner releases of the character on display which DO have rooted hair.

My issue with BW having rooted hair is that if it were sculpted instead it probably would look better & you wouldn't have to worry about losing/maintaining the style (I haven't had luck re-curling rooted hair). It's odd that Thor has sculpted hair even though he had longer, thinner, fairly straight hair -- while Widow has rooted even though her hair was shorter, thicker & styled. And regardless of whether they used hard/rigid plastic or soft/flexible plastic it wouldn't have hampered her head/neck movement.

That said -- it's just a nitpicky gripe on my part as the pictures suggest it can actually work with the figure since it's so short as opposed to detracting from it (like the hair on the IM2 version). If they use something worthwhile to help maintain the hair shape then all should be well. With rooted hair in general, if you can find a good product to use on it to hold the shape & keep it somewhere you won't get a lot of humidity issues then it's not much of a pain. My Tonner 16" Black Canary is still in perfect hair condition (Tonner apparently used a heaping quantity of a good quality product to keep the waviness intact) -- the 18" one is turning into a frizzed hot mess though & needs fixing (not sure what happened there & as I mentioned I haven't had luck re-curling it)

Black Widow looks great on the whole & definitely a pre-order for me

You're right. I caught that too.

People at Hot Toys who are reading this forum are probably saying, "WTF??? These guys are so picky! Let's see them do better!!" :gah:

Preordered - will look great w/ my Hawkeye!!!

I know yeah, tell me about it.

But I am gonna have a dig at the hair colour, could just be the lighting but it looks more red rather then orange...

Seriously??

Man, some of you never cease amaze me...

It's not really possible to achieve all 1:1 scale things in 1:6... all the complaint and nitpicking about this and that... I know it's a forum and people can express their individual opinions whether it's right or wrong (mostly) but come on!, these figures are amazing when you really look at the evolution of action figures.

Seems like a lot of you didn't grow up with 5 point articulation (or less) so it's hard to appreciate these figures which are never perfect (damn close)... the "gimme" generation need to take a good step back and appreciate what you can get nowadays instead of taking jabs at everything that comes out...

I almost wish Hot Toys would issue a letter of "F#@% You" to these useless nitpickers.

M.

:exactly:
:goodpost:

couldn't agree more.

Seriously??

It's not really possible to achieve all 1:1 scale things in 1:6... all the complaint and nitpicking about this and that... I know it's a forum and people can express their individual opinions whether it's right or wrong (mostly) but come on!, these figures are amazing when you really look at the evolution of action figures.

Seems like a lot of you didn't grow up with 5 point articulation (or less) so it's hard to appreciate these figures which are never perfect (damn close)... the "gimme" generation need to take a good step back and appreciate what you can get nowadays instead of taking jabs at everything that comes out...

I almost wish Hot Toys would issue a letter of "F#@% You" to these useless nitpickers.

M.

:clap

This is the best thing i have read on the forum all year

Anyway some new store front pictures courtesy of https://figuredetails.com/

35ba0r9.jpg
148omrp.jpg
i3if84.jpg

b52t0g.jpg
b9ct2.jpg
5ey5hx.jpg

Seriously??

M.

:goodpost:

You've managed to put into words what I think about almost everyday here on the board.

:lol:lol:lol

I honestly have to agree. SOME leeway needs to be given for working with these materials at this scale. The amount of amazing costume design that goes into these to make these as realistic as possible is pretty breathtaking.

pre ordered mine today, saw the display and i gotta say, the front does resemble scarlett johanson, but it's unrecognisable on the side

Why not?! You're missing something truly remarkable!

Let's just say there were... incidents :)

I wish I could comment - I haven't had a chance to see it yet :gah:

The Twilight Zone **** that has kept me from getting to the flicks you wouldn't believe, it's doing my head in tbh. And now it's much too late to be cool - right now I'll settle for dignity.
These posts prove there is still injustice in the world.

Normal service has been resumed :woo

...and what a jolly good romp it was too. Have any of you guys seen it yet?

Seriously??

M.

Yea..tell them..and we had to walk uphill in 3 feet of snow everyday to school carrying our crappy figures!

Back