Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys! So I ended up finally being able to put the KO head from eBay on the A1 body and results are in...I think it's amazing! Such an upgrade for very little money. Granted I did have to mod a tiny bit to get it to fit. As others have said the KO head is much much deeper than the stock head. And after thinking about it I came to the solution of using museum putty to fill void. So basically I removed the plug in the KO and placed it on the A1 body neck peg. Filled the space inside the head void with a ball of museum putty, packed it tight and then slowly twisted the head with putty onto the neck and voila works perfect! Here are some pics and a comparison:
IMG_1892.jpg
IMG_1885.jpg
IMG_1886.jpg
IMG_1878.jpg
IMG_1900.jpg
IMG_1860.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys! So I ended up finally being able to put the KO head from eBay on the A1 body and results are in...I think it's amazing! Such an upgrade for very little money. Granted I did have to mod a tiny bit to get it to fit. As others have said the KO head is much much deeper than the stock head. And after thinking about it I came to the solution of using museum putty to fill void. So basically I removed the plug in the KO and placed it on the A1 body neck peg. Filled the space inside the head void with a ball of museum putty, packed it tight and then slowly twisted the head with putty onto the neck and voila works perfect! Here are some pics and a comparison:

Beautiful. It really looks the business. Well done.

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, off to eBay I go...

Thanks for the update :clap

Ahoy!
I recently bought this Avengers body/suit/boots from a seller on ebay and am curious if the body I have is stock.. Does the stock body have the rubber neck (lower neck articulation)? I though I recalled reading that there was no lower neck articulation on the original. Either way, I think it look great, just curious.
Cheers.

This image is a repost from the CW thread.

Black Widow.jpg

All business...

b2579caa3644d30ab498dc50f6b11a74.jpg

Her character is fun in the MCU, but my real affinity for the character comes from Waid's run on the BW comic. This is my preferred look.

I can't wait to pair her up with the diecast Mark VI.

Great pic but you gotta let them breathe a little...

...and I'm not talking about the troopers

Great pic but you gotta let them breathe a little...

...and I'm not talking about the troopers

LOL!! The zip-up is intentional -- it reminds me of some of Emma Peel's outfits from the old Avengers TV series.

She wasn't always zipped up to the neck in her catsuit, but that's the retro-spy look that sticks in my head.

How bad are the creases, do you have any pictures? I know creases don't look pretty, but don't they also happen on real clothing over time?

Mine has mild creases at the elbows, but given that's accurate to 1:1 clothing, it doesn't bother me.

***EDIT: Just realized I replied to a post from 2015. Whoops.

Gotta take care of the fly-aways, but her hair now alludes to the Waid comic run; happy with it. Futzing her hair was a nightmare and a humbling exercise in playing with dolls...LOL...good thing I had some experience with HT Chewbacca prior.

4b85e25712c1d70e10060d1b668084ed.jpg

Nice pic's ZE_501, I also like the short hair on her, doing a comics custom version at the moment, but after doing some cleaning I've temporally lost her and a couple other customs I'm working on. :gah: :lol

Nice pic's ZE_501, I also like the short hair on her, doing a comics custom version at the moment, but after doing some cleaning I've temporally lost her and a couple other customs I'm working on. :gah: :lol

Lost
during cleaning? Must've been one hell of a job... :horror

Decided it was time to update my BW. Went with the GAC Toys headsculpt. Cut her hair a bit, will add gel later.

It's too pale for the Hot Toys body, but i really like it.

Pixlr_20180629140132249.jpg
36372410_10155344845977441_6624298261584805888_n.jpg
36379753_10155344846117441_499807040747601920_n.jpg
36337872_10155344846282441_1006232991170560000_n.jpg

IMG_0203.JPG

I know this figure is ancient news, but I picked her up from a fellow seller on the forum, and believe it or not, while she's my 21st Hot Toys figure, she's the first one that's NOT Iron Man. I'm really happy with her, even though most folks tend to like the AoU version more because of the more interesting suit design. I like that one as well, but The Avengers was peak Black Widow for me. I'm looking for a Scarlet Witch next!

View attachment 303393
View attachment 303394
View attachment 303395
View attachment 303396
View attachment 303397
View attachment 303398

Is this a KO of the Civil War BW sculpt?

Sorry for bumping an old thread (I'm fairly new to this hobby :c ), but I had a question regarding this particular widow and posing. I settled on for this figure has her arm/elbow joint articulated 90 degrees and positioned across her body and was wondering if, over time, that's going to damage the suit (or figure).

JbVUYr3

Am I better off just leaving her in a museum pose or am I over thinking this?

Sorry for bumping an old thread (I'm fairly new to this hobby :c ), but I had a question regarding this particular widow and posing. I settled on for this figure has her arm/elbow joint articulated 90 degrees and positioned across her body and was wondering if, over time, that's going to damage the suit (or figure).

JbVUYr3

Am I better off just leaving her in a museum pose or am I over thinking this?

No worries for bumping this thread; to me this is the best headsculpt for Black Widow Hot Toys has done yet. So far over the past 5 years the suit has held up very well.

Back