Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends how curly do you want it. What I've noticed is that the newer or recent batch they have improved the curls on the head much better than the first release. So it depends, if out of the box it's fine, then don't mess with it.

I have to say I agree with this assessment. I got mine about a month ago and the hair was not good straight out of the box - no volume and totally flat in the beginning, but it slowly fixes itself without my intervention. Now it has better volume with good curls and closer to that picture by Firebird...

That kinda makes me wanna cancel my Iron Man pre-orders hearing this from all the BBTS people.

It's worth the wait guys. I learned a while back that when it comes to Hot Toys BBTS is probably the last to get them for some strange reason.

Thanks for the compliments guys. As far as the hair goes she truly did not need much in way of "styling". I just sort of pushed her hair up to give it a little more body on top and brought it forward on her face a bit. The pre-styled bottom curls were pretty much on the money from real pics I've seen.

I think those of you waiting for her from BBTS will be happy when you do get her.

Canloan

Black Widow 1/6th Scale by canloan2, on Flickr

I ordered my from BBTS and got it a week after side show it seems it has to do with additional orders hence the delay

Yes. That seems to be all it is. If you preordered late in the game then the later you will receive yours. I think IMHO that HT didn't expect this BW figure to sell so well. I think HT and SSC and BBTS all underestimated how good she is and how many people would be buying multiples. So they probably didn't order as many for the 1st wave, and are now trying to catch up.

Back