Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cancelling mine... suit and body is nice and all... But that headsculpt is unacceptable, to me.

I think Scarlett is a little curvier and that is the only issue with this figure, the face and body are too thin. However, in this case I don't actually mind. Black Widow in the comics is quite slender so this figure makes a nice balance between Comics and Movie. Oh well, only another year or two until we get another Black Widow figure from Captain America: The Winter Solider!

Based on the pics.. slightly dissapointed.

The face looked better in the prototype. Dont know if they revised it, but if they did... its not for the better.

My biggest dissapointment is the hair. Not because its not sculpted.. cause thats a stupid complaint. We knew it was rooted for months.

Why is it so damn RED !!!! Maybe it was the lighting in the proto, but it looked orangy/brown like the movie. It looked great, now its RED?

You do know that many of the more "professional" photos posted you saw are slightly enhanced to bring out colors and contrasts more strongly, right?

It's not like they just take the pictures, upload it and that's how the colors really are. They do some slight enhancing with Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop etc to "clean" things up and bring out detail to look more vibrant. It's similar to when you see enhanced photos of food/objects, portraits, or scenery. The sky isn't that BLUE or the grass isn't that GREEN when you look at HD scenery in photographs. It's the same premise with the RED in her hair in some of these bloggers' photos for these figures. I'm pretty sure the hair color looks fine in person.

46686_488678061177736_2020505335_n.jpg

thank you for uploading those pics :clap

i've been waiting a long time to see Black Widow's box :monkey5

Funny how one person's photos make her suit look black, and anothers make it look blue. I wonder which is it?

If only there was a great Maria Hill head sculpt out there, you could just about get everything else out of this figure...

I wonder if the material used for the suit will crack like the pervious version it look so much more flexible the fact that you can pull of these poses is amazing

Now that I've had a minute to look at these on a computer screen, instead of my little phone screen.....it looks to me like OMG's white balance is off. Their photos look more blue-ish to me, it's very apparent in the skin tones. Her suit looks more blue here and so does her skin:

71795_453477224725266_16264627_n.jpg

Whereas the white balance looks more correct here (I'm assuming). Her skin tones look much more natural, and the blue cast is gone from the suit, making it look more black:

23374_453479814725007_1519885318_n.jpg

So I'm guessing this is a more accurate photo, color-wise.

I look at photos all day long, and color casts like this jump out to me, whereas most people wouldn't even notice.

Just my opinion.

Also, how do they get her hip to swing out like this? Is there some sort of added articulation or something? I love it.

549988_453477881391867_1419577431_n.jpg

Personally, I think she looks awesome. If I collected Avengers, it would be a must have. Also, tailoring on that suit is incredible (plus I like that OMG was able to get some great action poses, despite how tight it is).

Our Hong Kong friends on ebay are already selling her for $320. No thanks I think I'll wait till it's released here in the US. It's a nice figure for sure, but not $320 nice.

Back