Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't take his costume off. It's glued on, and you could destroy it removing it. I removed mine to swap the arms and it was a real chore.
Better to get a Dam toys body and some fatigues and swap the head over to a new bash.

That's what I feared. Ok, bash it is!

And haters gonna hate. This figure is fabulous. :bunnydanc

Hawkeye may be the most accurate IMO...well Hulk is probably the most accurate but as far as normal human head sculpts, I think Hawkeye was on top followed by Couslon, Loki, Widow, and Fury with Thor and Cap in the middle and Mark VII Stark last...

Agreed Nick, Hawkeye would be my #1 most accurate human sculpt from the team too. I'd swap Widow and Fury on that list but the rest is spot on imo.

IMG_0052_zpsb225047a.jpg

Well damn, I've had Hawkeye two days and I've broken two arrows. I've been so gentle with them, but the whole back tip beyond the 'feather' on one broke when I tried to get it to hold between his index and middle finger, and then I come home today and find that one of the very tiny little pieces that is at the end of the back tip to make up the notch for the bow string, has snapped off. Luckily I find the itsy bitsy little jerk, but I don't have the tools small enough to fix it. I'll give it a shot, but damn, this sucks.

I'm gonna have to try to buy some extra arrows in case this keeps happening. So weird that the notch piece broke while it was resting peacefully at home behind glass with no one around. I didn't even have the bow pulled anywhere near taught.

Well damn, I've had Hawkeye two days and I've broken two arrows. I've been so gentle with them, but the whole back tip beyond the 'feather' on one broke when I tried to get it to hold between his index and middle finger, and then I come home today and find that one of the very tiny little pieces that is at the end of the back tip to make up the notch for the bow string, has snapped off. Luckily I find the itsy bitsy little jerk, but I don't have the tools small enough to fix it. I'll give it a shot, but damn, this sucks.

I'm gonna have to try to buy some extra arrows in case this keeps happening. So weird that the notch piece broke while it was resting peacefully at home behind glass with no one around. I didn't even have the bow pulled anywhere near taught.

If you were gentle with them, they'd still be in one piece.

Did you cut the finger to get the nock to fit?

If you were gentle with them, they'd still be in one piece.

Did you cut the finger to get the nock to fit?

You'd think, but no. Gentle, very wary of breaking, as I a, with all my figures. I have a pretty damn good track record of not breaking anything, and no I didn't cut the finger. There was a little space there naturally and looking at photos it seemed that's where the arrow was supposed to go, like a real person holding an arrow. I was wrong. But that one, while annoying, I understand how and why it happened. I was being gentle but went a little too far.

The one tonight, coming home to a notch being knocked off really irks me. Only thing I can figure is I had the front wrist posed in such a way that the string was pulling the notch to one side more than the other and it snapped during the day. Bogus.

I see what you mean. You're going to be better off cutting a gap between the fingers on the drawing hand so you can get the nock in there. Then it's just a matter of pulling the string into place.
You should be able to see mine here with a cut between the digits:

6-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

Oy... I don't know if I'm comfortable cutting anything. I'm very finicky about even the smallest of "mods". Just a thing with me, I like keeping everything as it's "supposed" to be.

So buy a spare hand and cut that. Then your original is minty fresh for whatever reason you need it to be that way. :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-TOYS-M...8726?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1e74fd0886

Well now you're talking!

May have to do that. $10 ain't to bad.

I managed to glue the little notch tip back on, so back in the quiver that one arrow goes. I just tried this pose and I like it a lot. Shouldn't cause much trouble either.

B370AE4D-1191-4E30-89B1-1181B9281525-1492-00000095920F9429_zps027a4c9c.jpg

And lol @ "whatever reason you need it to be that way". I admit it's a neuroses. I don't plan on ever selling these guys, but for some reason I want things original. It's weird, and I kind of wish I wasn't that way, but what can you do.

Well now you're talking!

May have to do that. $10 ain't to bad.

I managed to glue the little notch tip back on, so back in the quiver that one arrow goes. I just tried this pose and I like it a lot. Shouldn't cause much trouble either.

And lol @ "whatever reason you need it to be that way". I admit it's a neuroses. I don't plan on ever selling these guys, but for some reason I want things original. It's weird, and I kind of wish I wasn't that way, but what can you do.

I get it.
I have the same condition, lol.
If i want to cut a part, i'll buy a new one on Ebay and cut that.
I don't know why. I NEVER intend to sell any of these things.
But it really bugged me that Hawkeye couldn't hold an arrow correctly.
He can't even shoot straight.
And if you ever tried that pose above at my archery club, the head instructor would show you the door...

I get it.
I have the same condition, lol.
If i want to cut a part, i'll buy a new one on Ebay and cut that.
I don't know why. I NEVER intend to sell any of these things.
But it really bugged me that Hawkeye couldn't hold an arrow correctly.
He can't even shoot straight.
And if you ever tried that pose above at my archery club, the head instructor would show you the door...

Lol. I know precisely nothing about archery. Haven't shot a bow and arrow since summer camp 20 years ago.

It's not an active shooting pose though. I know enough to know you don't shoot like that. It's more like a resting, ready to draw pose, skulking around, at the ready.

Lol. I know precisely nothing about archery. Haven't shot a bow and arrow since summer camp 20 years ago.

It's not an active shooting pose though. I know enough to know you don't shoot like that. It's more like a resting, ready to draw pose, skulking around, at the ready.

Yeah. It's not totally important for anyone, but you'd never draw like that. You could probably pull a muscle doing it the wrong way. You're supposed to pull with your back.

I just got a Hawkeye finally! Got it brand new, just missing the shipper, for $320 on eBay of all places! Really lucked out. Not sure it's worth even $300 but it really is awesome!

Congrats on that score! You got him for a great price compared to what he's been going for.

:horror :slap

Oy... I don't know if I'm comfortable cutting anything. I'm very finicky about even the smallest of "mods". Just a thing with me, I like keeping everything as it's "supposed" to be.

I feel the same way about mine. Therefore, I buy extra accessories if I need something modded. :lecture

I bought an extra set of the two bowstring holding hands so I can cut them. $10 shipped for both. Hopefully they show up nicely.

Back