Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS??? - Avengers: Hawkeye

i call it as i see it, it looks awful with the arms exposed like that, not only joint but gaps too. Detracts from the whole figure, this is not a $50 play arts figure, it's $200, better thought process need to go into covering up those joints.

hot toys always took great care to cover up or at least make it less obvious the joints on their figures, this is the exception.

so all of you :chillpill:

While I may not agree with your position, or your viewpoint. I do applaud the calm and well-presented nature of your response. :clap

Soo many people Rage on the net, Glad to see you're not one of them.

not what i am saying...

Generally speaking then? Well, the only alternative is rubber muscle bodies isn't it? They may look more natural if you keep the arms straight in vanilla poses but bend them and they look ugly, the muscles don't change to reflect the arm position and on top of that theres more potential for breakage and degradation.

i call it as i see it, it looks awful with the arms exposed like that, not only joint but gaps too. Detracts from the whole figure, this is not a $50 play arts figure, it's $200, better thought process need to go into covering up those joints.

hot toys always took great care to cover up or at least make it less obvious the joints on their figures, this is the exception.

Whenever you have to isolate yourself from EVERYONE else, you are either and pioneer and visionary, or.............:cuckoo::wave

So fury ships in june , Hawkeye in july , who will be up for august.

If they continue going by their pattern of Avengers figures that haven't been released in a past incarnation, guess who that means would be next... :yess::yess::yess:

Maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

dont think they will be availble as they say they are limited edition. I remember when barney ross was a limited edition I said iwould wait and know he is gone.

They all say limited edition...:dunno And given that Cap is still available everywhere I wouldn't be surprised if this takes its time to sell out. Also depends on the movie...

Same here, I want the complete Avengers Team because I'm a completist but Hawkeye and Nick Fury aren't Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America or Thor and they shouldn't cost as much as those figures. Just my opinion!

Yep - the figure looks great no doubt. Hot Toys nailed the likeness i think. But its not a 'must have' for me. Will pick it up eventually but my focus this year is primarily to pick up everything TDKR related.

I heard someone on the forum sells arm sleeves that hides the articulation joints? Haven't checked it out myself though. Personally, after purchasing the HT Perseus figure, I don't mind the articulation joints that much.. Since you can only see two of them (well one, the other arm is hidden behind the shield). But I could never live with the Bruce Lee DX, looks awful. And besides, with Hawkeye I think most people will be posing him with his arms bent aiming with the bow. That won't show the articulation joints as much.

I just spoke with SS, they said the FLEX PAY option will be up in a few hours.

100% agree :exactly: :lecture :goodpost:

cool now i have a body for my hurt locker, bourne legacy and hansel and gretel witch hunters customs

100% agree :exactly: :lecture :goodpost:

I can understand HT moving away from rubber coatings, in fact many board members will welcome it. But for almost $200 they should consider two sets of arms - sculpted and poseable. Drawing a bow string is a nearly impossible thing for a jointed arm to do and look decent.

They've done plenty of swappable hands and heads. Arms would be a good move on a fig like this.

I can understand HT moving away from rubber coatings, in fact many board members will welcome it. But for almost $200 they should consider two sets of arms - sculpted and poseable. Drawing a bow string is a nearly impossible thing for a jointed arm to do and look decent.

They've done plenty of swappable hands and heads. Arms would be a good move on a fig like this.

That's a great idea!!! :clap:clap:clap

Too bad it won't happen...

yes a sculpted arms would be nice :)

OMHO a set of "hero" arms would be better than the googly eyes from most of the DXs. (and far simpler to engineer, less likely to ruin the figure ALA Indy)

So far I am 0/2 on the Avengers release. While S.Jackson looks awesome and I have no issues with his figure its not something I wanted.

After Iron Fist, Hawkeye makes my top ten. It doesnt matter if its 616 or Ultimates I think both costumes are bad ass. Hell I would love to see a Ronin figure.

Like I said in an earlier post the Bow is very plane. There are no pulleys, scopes, or other tacicool gear on it. I wanted to see him with glasses. What I should have said was goggles. I love the Ultimate Hawkeye look with the goggles and the dual pistols. The whole outfit looks like he should be in the Hunger Games.

Hands down one of the lamest figures by Hot Toys. I wanted to get the whole Avengers team but I can't justify spending money on this trash.

Back