Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS??? - Avengers: Hawkeye

Hmmmm tempted.

This was always going to be a wait & see figure for me Hulk & Thor are instant buys Cap, BW, Nick & IM are instant passes but Hawkeye was a big question mark.

I'd prefer it if he had a proper comic inspired costume but if he looks good enough in movie outfit then I'll probably pick him up & make my mish-mash avengers team complete.

Neil

Bought! :yess: :rock :rock :rock

With the swivel at the elbow it looks like this one might actually be able to hold a decent bowshooting pose (unlike Abby Whistler) :yess:

Try putting wolvie or royce into a drawn bow pose... They can't even hold guns all that great....

Try putting wolvie or royce into a drawn bow pose... They can't even hold guns all that great....

I said 'might' and 'decent.'
I don't expect to get a perfect bowshooting pose, but I think this one has more chance of reaching a pose like that than Abigail Whistler. That figure is a perfectly good example why rubber covered arms on action figures suck :lecture

I don't expect to get a perfect bowshooting pose, but I think this one has more chance of reaching a pose like that than Abigail Whistler. That figure is a perfectly good example why rubber covered arms on action figures suck :lecture

Agreed, personally I hope they have a switch out sculpted forearm for that pose, like the sam Flynn fig, pretty much the only option on that body

SWEET! This was a nice surprise to see this morning! :yess:

Can a mod add the 1/6 prefix? Thanks :D

Done. :wave

With the swivel at the elbow it looks like this one might actually be able to hold a decent bowshooting pose (unlike Abby Whistler) :yess:

I agree. You can't get a decent bow shooting pose with Abigail.

:rotfl Sure they do. :monkey1

:lol :lol

I'm not a big fan of rubber covered arms either.

Agreed, personally I hope they have a switch out sculpted forearm for that pose, like the sam Flynn fig, pretty much the only option on that body

That would be pretty cool.

Very much looking forward to seeing more from this, could be a really sleeper hit this figure if they nail the likeness and accessories

Much more tempted by this than I was Nick Fury :lecture

from teaser the sculpt looks spot on, hope we get some cool arrow's with this

How can u tell...we only see him from the nose down :huh

The eyes and full on shot of the face will tell the story. This half face quarter shot only tells us that angle looks about right.

What's funny is I'm now 2 for 4 with my HT Avengers predictions. I always felt the first four would be Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Iron Man Mark VII and Cap.

We knew this was coming, and it doesn't shock me that it is one of the first Avengers releases since we haven't had a figure of this guy before (and HT doesn't need to be in a rush to pump out Iron Man V45, Cap V3, or Thor V2). Hawkeye was one of my favorite Marvel characters since I was a kid, but I'm not the biggest fan of his look in the film. Still, an automatic buy for me. . .I don't suspect he'll be able to hold his bow very well, though.

Never heard of Hawkeye before the Avengers trailer. Guess I'm not a big Marvel fan. So this is an easy paa
He was one of the members of the 2nd Avengers team along with Cap, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver, and has been a staple in their lineup pretty much ever since. He found and led the West Coast Avengers for awhile, and also led the Thunderbolts briefly. Solid B-level Marvel character IMO, along with guys like Antman/Giantman, Dr. Strange, or Colossus.

udontsay.gif
LOL

Another cool figure that will be easy to find at a lower price after it is released. :)
:cuss Yeah. . .you're probably right. I suspect he'll be produced out the wazoo, but I don't foresee him selling on the order of a Cap or Thor, much less Iron Man. He may not even sell as well as Fury, considering that at the moment, many movie fans are more familiar with Jackson's fury than Hawkeye as a character.

:cuss Yeah. . .you're probably right. I suspect he'll be produced out the wazoo, but I don't foresee him selling on the order of a Cap or Thor, much less Iron Man. He may not even sell as well as Fury, considering that at the moment, many movie fans are more familiar with Jackson's fury than Hawkeye as a character.

When has a Hot Toys figure sold for less that it's initial pre-order price?

Nice teaser but Im not sure about getting Hawkeye.

Nice, I'm gonna get everyone of the releases, wouldn't be complete without the full team.

Nice, I'm gonna get everyone of the releases, wouldn't be complete without the full team.

I feel that a GREAT display would be Nick Fury flanked by BW and Hawkeye on one shelf, with Cap flanked by IM Mark VII and Thor with Hulk behind them on another shelf. That display would :rock

When has a Hot Toys figure sold for less that it's initial pre-order price?
If you mean Sideshow pre-order price, off the top of my head it's happened recently with DX Indy, Classic Predator, Superman, and probably a number of others. Longer term, it has happened with Two-Face (consistently sold for less than $100 at one point), Sao Feng, Odin, V1 Joker (once DX was released), Mark III Iron Man (once BD Mark III was released), Planet of the Apes, and a number of others, I'm sure. Some of those like the POTA and Two-Face are now worth more, but there was a point in time when they weren't. I suspect Hawkeye, and Fury, are gonna fall into the category where supply simply outstrips demand, and folks feel the price (probably $200 for this guy) is a bit steep for what and who you get. That would mean that the aftermarket price will be lower than pre-order MSRP, at least for awhile.

Back