Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assuming by CSC you mean Corner Store Comics in Anaheim, I just bought Red Skull from them last weekend at LBCC for $180. ;)

I had all 8 of the Avengers on preorder with CSC during the summer but cancelled all of them because I got distracted with "other hobbies" due to impatience.

Once Fury was released, I realized the huge mistake I made and it was a pain in the ass trying to get all the preorders back from other retailers at good prices. I was able to secure my PO's back with BBTS or even with SSC but have to pay a little more. I got lucky in being able to secure Fury and Hawkeye through sudden preorder drops with BBTS. All in all, I've had to pay close to $90-100 extra in differences from my original PO's with CSC versus the new PO's.

It's disheartening that I would've had my Hawkeye today from CSC had I not cancelled, especially when I preordered him when they first listed him on their website for $170.99! lol Doh! And I'm only 20mins away from CSC. Impulse killed my original preorders. I'm not gonna be impulsive again and drop my PO with BBTS just to pay $250+ to get him now from Blast from the Past in Burbank either. I'm pretty sure I could find a Hawkeye tomorrow at Frank & Sons in Walnut for under $250. Anyway, I'll learn from my lesson and just be patient my existing PO.

tigercuss.gif

Last edited:
Got this dude yesterday from sideshow. He's awesome! Just be careful when putting the arrows in the quiver. they're quite fragile. But overall I'm glad I was able to get him! Hope you guys are able to get him soon.

Tiger Woods' face cracks me up in that gif. :)

About Hawkeye...prices should go down to normal once the demand is not so high. I hope it does.

I had all 8 of the Avengers on preorder with CSC during the summer but cancelled all of them because I got distracted with "other hobbies" due to impatience.

Once Fury was released, I realized the huge mistake I made and it was a pain in the ass trying to get all the preorders back from other retailers at good prices. I was able to secure my PO's back with BBTS or even with SSC but have to pay a little more. I got lucky in being able to secure Fury and Hawkeye through sudden preorder drops with BBTS. All in all, I've had to pay close to $90-100 extra in differences from my original PO's with CSC versus the new PO's.

It's disheartening that I would've had my Hawkeye today from CSC had I not cancelled, especially when I preordered him when they first listed him on their website for $170.99! lol Doh! And I'm only 20mins away from CSC. Impulse killed my original preorders. I'm not gonna be impulsive again and drop my PO with BBTS just to pay $250+ to get him now from Blast from the Past in Burbank either. I'm pretty sure I could find a Hawkeye tomorrow at Frank & Sons in Walnut for under $250. Anyway, I'll learn from my lesson and just be patient my existing PO.

tigercuss.gif

How is "Frank & Sons"? I've been wanting to check it out but haven't been able to? Can you find good deals?

F&S is awesome! It's Nerd Heaven. I'm no expert, only been there once a few months ago but have been itching to go again.

There is a crapload of action figures, and when i went there were two booths selling Hot Toys figures. One guy had a display case full of figures and customs, may even be someone from this forum? I bought Iron Man Mark VI and War Machine from him for $600. The other guy I thought had higher prices and I didn't buy anything from him.

Tomorrow (Sat) is the Nuke the Fridge Con at F&S. Probably be a circus, Stan Lee and others will be there. Hope to get back there soon.

F&S is awesome! It's Nerd Heaven. I'm no expert, only been there once a few months ago but have been itching to go again.

There is a crapload of action figures, and when i went there were two booths selling Hot Toys figures. One guy had a display case full of figures and customs, may even be someone from this forum? I bought Iron Man Mark VI and War Machine from him for $600. The other guy I thought had higher prices and I didn't buy anything from him.

Tomorrow (Sat) is the Nuke the Fridge Con at F&S. Probably be a circus, Stan Lee and others will be there. Hope to get back there soon.

Sounds interesting. I definitely need to check it out. I just know I'm going to do some damage if I go. Oh...my poor wallet. :)

Just a tip regarding F&S's, get there early, like when they open or earlier. Parking is horrendous even on a regular day.

No, they reversed the second charge. But the guy on the other end was like "you have two charges from a TOY store."

They're not Toys--not at these prices anyways.:rotfl

It's definitely a hot figure right now. I actually messaged the guy who sold two of them on Ebay for $189 with free shipping. He said he got 10 of them, had 8 preorders. Listed the two at $189 and they were gone in minutes.

What a great price!

Just curious...why do you guys think that this figure is so popular? I really didn't think it would be but then again, I'm new at collecting Hot Toys so I might be missing something.

Curious about your thoughts about its popularity

People want the entire team, he is part of the team, he is sold out, people are willing to pay more to get him.

I've heard people say if they can't get all of them , then they don't any. Collectors are seeing this as a set. If this was just Hawkeye from the Thor film, I probably wouldn't be very interested

And then there are Hawkeye fans and Renner fans, theses people have............. different motives :cuckoo:

This ^ :lecture

I also think this figure is possibly produced in fewer numbers. Especially since he's not the most popular member of the team and not every collector is a completionist. Like myself. :wink1:

Back