Hot Toys – MMS151 - Spider-Man 3: 1/6th scale New Goblin Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no big Venom fan, but I don't think you understand where some others are coming from--it isn't that they thought Venom was a better, more fully developed character in the film. It is that Venom is a reasonably iconic Spidey villain, and doesn't look like a reject from some 1990s snowboarding tournament. Again, if folks were buying because of film alone, then this Spidey would be fairly unpopular, IMO, because most people agree that the movie was terrible. People are buying because it's freakin' Spiderman! I have no love for the movie, but will absolutely buy Spiderman, Sandman, and probably Venom. I have no real interest in extreme snowboarder Osbourne, though the figure looks terrific as figures go.

:goodpost: :exactly:
It's a bit like Ghost Rider, if it was just down to the film, HT would hardly of sold any, I bought GR because he's an iconic comic book character, who I really like. I'd be buying Venom for the same reasons.

I agree. I hated the movies, didn't like Sam Raimi's (sp?) take on spidey, BUT the figure IS spiderman, so it's a no brainer. If they did a movie venom, sandman, hell even mary jane I would buy them because that's the closest we can get to the original comic characters.

I actually don't take into account a movie property when buying it's figures, if the figure looks great I will buy it regardless, an example is the Perseus figure, movie stunk so much, but Perseus looked awesome and the sam worthington headsculpt looked spot on.

A Sandman figure would be awesome.You can have him in human form with extra pair of arms where one is a sand mace and the other a sand hammer.

i was thinking about getting new goblin simply to have an enemy to pose spider-man with but i can wait. if HT doesn't make any other villains from the first 3 spider-man movies, i'm sure they'll make villains for the new spider-man movies.

A Sandman figure would be awesome.You can have him in human form with extra pair of arms where one is a sand mace and the other a sand hammer.

Exactly. Someone should start making a custom sandman to push hot toys in the right direction. It seems that whenever someone here makes a custom figure that rivals what the main three companies have put out, they get off their asses and produce a better one. Case and point spidey. Medicom first. C+. Tonner D-. Custom fabric suit spidey from an artist here B+. Hot toys A+.

Maybe a custom sandman could do the same.

IMG_9478.JPG

New Goblin Head

Scarred maybe???

I still laugh that you all want Venom more the New Goblin... Venom was 10x worse... Craptastic actor = to a Craptastic done Venom... The whole Venom and Sandman plots where both Craptastic... Harry is the one that has been there since the start... Far better story and charcter then Venom or Sandman... Way cooler too...

My sentiments exactly. Harry was the only one who really kicked pete's ass by himself. The only one who could stand up to spidey. Sandman was not even a real villain with his side story, just misunderstood. Venom was a wuss! Harry had the real grudge against pete.

Yea his portrayal sucked in spidey 3 but he still is Venom ! The most iconic spidey villian ever and has a way better design then freakin new goblin. New goblin was a horrible character as well, hell all the villain's were bad but venom was what people wanted to see and Hot toy's is making him so of course venom will be a must.:slap

New goblin head? Did you say there is supposed to be a different new goblin head? Any evidence?

Yeah, but in another picture floating about the masked head sculpt is already on the display stand.

So i'm not sure whether it's an actual new head sculpt or not. We can hope though!

I Pre-ordered this guy not necessarily because he was an iconic character, but because I thought he looked kind of cool as a stand alone figure.

To be honest, I'm not too crazy about Spiderman, but I do like his villains, so if they release a Venom I would be all over that of figure.

If you were born in the 1990s, maybe. :lol

It's already been established that there are 2 headsculpts (masked & unmasked), no?

Please man. Who was the most wanted villian to be in the movie's / venom. Why are they rebooting the movie's. Venom . What villain do you always see in the spidey rogue's. Venom. Why dont you name the most iconic spidey villain then.

I'm thinking Green Goblin as well. I think the Gwen incident put him at the top of Spideys rogue gallery :D

Back