Hot Toys – MMS147 - Predators: 1/6th scale Tracker Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is looking for one I'm selling a couple at very reasonable prices with free shipping. I'm going to post my store info in the marketplace section, or you can PM me for details.

@Thundercat guy

If you mess around with the stands for a while I'm sure you can find away to allow them to hold up your figures, but be hidden at the same time.. Or maybe you could use some fishing line.. :dunno

got my extra hands and leash in the mail yesterday,so i decided the tracker should take his hound out for a walk lol
106_0337.jpg

You would think that they would thrown in a little articulation, even if it was just at the neck so you could at least have it looking in a different direction.

yeah, maybe, i think stands look like crap though, and you lose all the realism that were obv. going for.

Yeah I feel the same way about the stands. YUCK they don't look good and I've only had Falconer fall on me. He's on my work desk and only did a face plant.

Really. How many chances do you have to take with your $200 figures taking the fatal plunge before breaking down and use the included stand that prevents that from happening? We're not talking about $20 McF figures with no included stands.

But hey, if you want to send me that $200 I could put it to better use. I'll send you pics of the figures on my shelf that I buy with it ..... on the stands.

And it'll look like he has a rod shoved right up his butt. You're right though risking the fall without the stand is on us who don't like the look of the stands. Maybe HT should work harder on making figures to stand better without the stands. Maybe they just have to have them no matter what HT does. I'm thinking a little more money and a really good foot pug in base might be the answer. Maybe make the base simple but effective.

I have had HT preds since the Scar was released and never had a shelf dive, and never used stands. Peeps just need to learn how to pose their figs!

You would think that they would thrown in a little articulation, even if it was just at the neck so you could at least have it looking in a different direction.

I agree, but unfortunately the hound is more like a statue. Still, it's awesome and looks awesome. I'm glad Tracker comes with it. :)

And it'll look like he has a rod shoved right up his butt. You're right though risking the fall without the stand is on us who don't like the look of the stands. Maybe HT should work harder on making figures to stand better without the stands. Maybe they just have to have them no matter what HT does. I'm thinking a little more money and a really good foot pug in base might be the answer. Maybe make the base simple but effective.

Ok, but Neca's 1/4 Predator falls easier and it doesn't even have a stand, which makes the problem much worse. At least HT figures have stands to secure them and since they're lighter they also don't fall so easily, even though it happens.

Am I the only one who likes the stands? I think they add to the museum like aesthetic that I am going for. I know they aren't real and wont ever be real. I know they are dolls, why pretend they are real? They look pretty good, for a figure, and figures usually use stands. No problem there.

My NECA 19" has been in the same pose, same spot of my room for near 3 months witout any problems. I have moved several things next to him, and taken several things away from him. Nothing. Hasn't budged.

My NECA 19" has been in the same pose, same spot of my room for near 3 months witout any problems. I have moved several things next to him, and taken several things away from him. Nothing. Hasn't budged.

Not sure how long, but also quite some time with mine, and I can say the same too. Plus, mine has been between 2 big power amp sound columns with powerful ground shaking bass. Never tried to commit suicide. I guess he likes what I play. :lecture

Am I the only one who likes the stands? I think they add to the museum like aesthetic that I am going for. I know they aren't real and wont ever be real. I know they are dolls, why pretend they are real? They look pretty good, for a figure, and figures usually use stands. No problem there.

No, I also like them and share the same view. :hi5:

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I have no problem with them. I don't think they ruin anything. They only annoy me when the base isn't big enough for the figure. That goes for either normal stands or environment based stands. Also I prefer the crotch stands of more recent times, I find the old round the waist style very awkward and limiting.

As for the criticism of them detracting from realism - again I agree the fact that its just a 12-14 inch action figure takes away from the realism. :dunno

I live in earthquake country here in S. California.
My figures are all in enclosed shelves and on their stands.

With an aftershock, my figures don't topple over because of the stands.
But with larger quakes, they fall but at least stay inside the enclosed shelf instead of diving to the hard floor 5-6 feet below.

Back