Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I guess I'll share a few pics too...

mkvi005.jpg

mkvi002 copy.jpg

Nice pics starduster. Did you 'shop in the lights on the missiles or did you wire in LED's

I like the surge of love that this thread is getting all of a sudden

I used the "Auto Tone" feature in Photoshop. I used to use the auto color, but found it to mute the colors more than actually help them. It's all about the lighting though. Having the image lit well before hand will yield an image that needs little no touch ups after the fact. (also, obviously the forearm missiles had some photohop work too)

I used the "Auto Tone" feature in Photoshop. I used to use the auto color, but found it to mute the colors more than actually help them. It's all about the lighting though. Having the image lit well before hand will yield an image that needs little no touch ups after the fact. (also, obviously the forearm missiles had some photohop work too)

Ah, got ya. I've seen some armors listed on eBay for crazy prices where the LED mod was done to the missiles and I've never seen anyone else do it before; I thought you may have wired them

If they did a diecast I would be so angry honestly... I had to hunt mine down in the after market and it wasn't so appealing to me that I paid that much over retail for it. Then again I wanted it in my collection so I live with it.

Another, I repeat, ANOTHER release of the Mark VI would just be a slap in the face.

Hot Toys says if they bring a DieCast 2.0 Version from the old ones it will only be the Mark III. There will be never a DieCast from VI.

I think eventually there will be

With them making the statement they made, I think it shows a Mark III is happening. I do agree with you though, I do think they will go back and make others in diecast as well. It just depends on how many suits are in Avengers 2 and how long after that before there is an announcement for IM4. Also, sales of the diecast series will factor in.

The MARK VI, form IronMan2, is in my opinion the best Iron Man version Hot toys has released. It has all the features, the battle damaged parts, and the removable face-plate. MARK VII (Avengers), has pretty much the same, but the RDJr. face is not accurate. It is a shame I was not able to get Mark VI for a good price. :(.

The MARK VI, form IronMan2, is in my opinion the best Iron Man version Hot toys has released. It has all the features, the battle damaged parts, and the removable face-plate. MARK VII (Avengers), has pretty much the same, but the RDJr. face is not accurate. It is a shame I was not able to get Mark VI for a good price. :(.

This Mark 42 coming has the potential to be right there with it if there are no issues on the figure in the next year. It has more accessories, way better articulation and what is seemingly turning out as a well crafted execution of die cast.

But cannot judge what we do not have in hand........yet.:)

I'm one of those guys who paid thru the nose for both my MK VI reg. & EX so I'd be annoyed too if they re-released it. I did get a fair deal on them in the big scheme of things though (paid on the very low side of the market value spectrum).

I honestly don't see any reason for IV, V, VI & VII to be redone in die cast. I like my Iron Patriot and dig the die cast thing, but I don't see it as such a necessary upgrade. The aforementioned armors are all amazing figs as they are. The only one that's really dated and needs a 2.0 is the III. Not only are the proportions off but at this point they could offer a better pt. 1 Stark sculpt both full head and helmeted

I never got the II Unleashed. Is that the same mold as the original III's?

I'm one of those guys who paid thru the nose for both my MK VI reg. & EX so I'd be annoyed too if they re-released

I'm on the same boat. I started august 2012 and at that time I only wanted Dark Knight figures (and I went heavy buying two or three of all of them) . Yet iron man figures were never must haves for me until I saw the mk iv gantry set . I fell in love with the figures and I started buying them up a few months later before the Iron Man boom. I still remember the mk vi was a birthday present that cost me $325. Then for whatever reason I bought the second mk vi, an ex version, which cost me $400. The EX vi and mech test tony tie for most I've ever paid on single figures. Still, if they diecast them , I'll be mad , but I'll still end up buying them . It's the nature of the beast

You got those VI's when the gettin' was good! (from a secondary market standpoint :lol)

I got screwed because I just wasn't able to see the future. I didn't realize how engulfed in the hobby I was going to become nor did I predict I'd become this big of a Stark-head. I was around early enough to get my 2 IV's for good prices (1 for retail 1 for less) and at that time the VI's were going in the $300-$350 range on The Bay. I thought that the IV was enough IM for my collection so I decided to put the $300+ elsewhere and pass on the VI... moron :slap :lol. The V was the same deal. That thing sat on SS for quite a long time and I even had plenty of chances to get it for way under retail thru local shops. I passed because at first I wasn't crazy about the design and was trying to be smart about money & space. At least I'm not kicking myself toooo hard on that one because I managed to score a MISB for $285 a few months ago which is only about $100 more than I could have scored it a couple of years ago; could've been worse.... like MK VI's worse :lol

You got those VI's when the gettin' was good! (from a secondary market standpoint :lol)

I got screwed because I just wasn't able to see the future. I didn't realize how engulfed in the hobby I was going to become nor did I predict I'd become this big of a Stark-head. I was around early enough to get my 2 IV's for good prices (1 for retail 1 for less) and at that time the VI's were going in the $300-$350 range on The Bay. I thought that the IV was enough IM for my collection so I decided to put the $300+ elsewhere and pass on the VI... moron :slap :lol. The V was the same deal. That thing sat on SS for quite a long time and I even had plenty of chances to get it for way under retail thru local shops. I passed because at first I wasn't crazy about the design and was trying to be smart about money & space. At least I'm not kicking myself toooo hard on that one because I managed to score a MISB for $285 a few months ago which is only about $100 more than I could have scored it a couple of years ago; could've been worse.... like MK VI's worse :lol

Same thing happened to me, when I was just starting out I bought a Silly Things Gun Metal Grey Iron Man, I sold it on eBay so I could buy other figures, now I want it back but don't want to pay $1500+ for it :(

tremendous regret over that one, now I don't trade/sell any of my figures EVER.......

I bought my Mark VI because I missed getting the Mark III BD. I was able to get a reasonable price at release and I have been loving it! I ended up getting a Mark IV HS for it as well. I still love my Mark VI a little better than my Mark VII. I love the sweet Hammer drone extra base and the BD is just superb. Still can't get into Mark XLII (gimmicky, odd color, etc.), so this is still my no. 1 suit in my collection. I have to see how my Mark XXXIII turns out when it gets here.

So my collection has one triangle, one circle & one diamond reactor...LOL

Same thing happened to me, when I was just starting out I bought a Silly Things Gun Metal Grey Iron Man, I sold it on eBay so I could buy other figures, now I want it back but don't want to pay $1500+ for it :(

tremendous regret over that one, now I don't trade/sell any of my figures EVER.......

Biggest regret was passing on one for $500. Not really passing, simply forgot to bid on it. I also passed on a few Avengers mk vi s. I seriously can't justify spending $500 or more on what is basically the mms 132 with a different box .

I think if you want to collect Iron man or Dark Knight you must first understand they will eventually remake them. They may do some updates, release 2.0s, or repaints but the point is nothing is "off limits " . This is a market and eventually it will go boom. I buy to enjoy not to hope to make money. I hope most people realize this.

No, it´s now perfect. Not like the original Mark III, way better in anything. Thats the reason HT made the Mark III new in DieCast.

I was unaware hot toys had already made the mark iii in diecast...you know something I don't I guess. Got any pics?

No, it´s now perfect. Not like the original Mark III, way better in anything. Thats the reason HT made the Mark III new in DieCast.
Have you been drinking? :lol The new Diecasts have only been Mark 42, War machine Mark 2, Iron Patriot and Whiplash Mark 2 :lol

Back