Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys I just wnat to know what known issues does the mark 6 have? I really want to buy but I just want to know what I'm up against

ha ha go back a few pages....I was asking the exact same questions.
I've decided to make the leap of faith. Ordered a couple of weeks ago, should be here in a couple of days.

But a quick summary of my research:
- Missing shoulder pads
- paint faults...specifically on the gold mask, but in other areas as well
- discolored rubber crotch (or different color red to rest of body)
- missing parts

These are obvious just by looking at the box. I had the seller take photos to ensure that none of that was present. But he wouldn't break the seal to check:

- faulty batteries (which you can replace yourself...)
- missing washer on battle damaged arm (arm can still be fitted without it)
- badly fitting, loose parts (I'll see when I receive I guess!)

Hope that helps...and hope I don't get any of that when it arrives! :)

ha ha go back a few pages....I was asking the exact same questions.
I've decided to make the leap of faith. Ordered a couple of weeks ago, should be here in a couple of days.

But a quick summary of my research:
- Missing shoulder pads
- paint faults...specifically on the gold mask, but in other areas as well
- discolored rubber crotch (or different color red to rest of body)
- missing parts

These are obvious just by looking at the box. I had the seller take photos to ensure that none of that was present. But he wouldn't break the seal to check:

- faulty batteries (which you can replace yourself...)
- missing washer on battle damaged arm (arm can still be fitted without it)
- badly fitting, loose parts (I'll see when I receive I guess!)

Hope that helps...and hope I don't get any of that when it arrives! :)
Pretty sure the BD chest plate not fitting properly was a big issue as well. :lecture

Cuz there's someone selling it new in the box nearby me and Im gonna come by to check it out in a few days, so if I look at it in the box will I see most of the problems head on?

yeah man. Just call me when you go and ask me what to look for. Like I said before. I've had 5 of these and researched thoroughly before purchasing and found out some things the hard way so any questions you may have about this figure I will definitely have an answer for you!

Example of pink panties..
IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

Example of pink panties..
IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

Surprisingly, it is exactly at the same place where my Mk IV has started fading. And, it was never displayed. In fact, I can see a small mark of red color on the white base in which the figure fits in the box. What are you planning to do bandito? I read someone said using the gundam marker would be an option. I was also thinking of the permanent marker, the one you use to write on CDs and DVDs; not too sure if it will be the best thing to do...

Surprisingly, it is exactly at the same place where my Mk IV has started fading. And, it was never displayed. In fact, I can see a small mark of red color on the white base in which the figure fits in the box. What are you planning to do bandito? I read someone said using the gundam marker would be an option. I was also thinking of the permanent marker, the one you use to write on CDs and DVDs; not too sure if it will be the best thing to do...

I'm leaving it as is, until I colour match & air-brush it..

Exact same thing happening to mine.

i just checked my mark IV and mark VI after leavin them on display for the past few months in my detolf... both figs have fadin on the part which is right behind and beneath the neck, that part is rubber and it is now pinkish... anybody else s have the same problem? i heard of the faded 'panties' but fortunately mine are still ok in that area

Last edited:
Im having the faded problem on my mark VI pelvis area.. anyone have a solution on this? some say gundam marker will do and others tamiya wax.. can someone provide us with tutorial for this kind of things. Thanks a lot!

Im having the faded problem on my mark VI pelvis area.. anyone have a solution on this? some say gundam marker will do and others tamiya wax.. can someone provide us with tutorial for this kind of things. Thanks a lot!

+1, same here but with my Mark IV............. the pelvis area is starting to fading.....

HOT TOYS DIDN'T LEARN ANYTHING ABOUT MARK III??? seriously I'm pissed of, I sold my Mark III because the same problem, and now it's happening again. I'm pretty dissapointed

Back