Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you have this or not? both of mine fit fine

No I don't. I saw it off the review video toys210 posted. Also I've been discussing this possibility with Centurion and IX_Nick_XI and they confirmed that I was probably right that although HT fixed the BD-piece with the pegs, it made the clean piece not fit properly instead. They didn't have the toy 1st hand to confirm it with me though.

Took some quick pics of the process but had to hurry as the sun went down so please forgive the last few. I hope it helps somebody with what to expect when they get there own.

Started like this:

Photo1058_EDIT.jpg

Taking the chest plate off:

Photo1060.jpg

Photo1060.jpg

Nice pics darthjuan. Does your clean chest piece fit in perfectly the same as the BD chest piece?

Hmmmm.....
I might be tempted in getting something like that if it looked good enough.

But, yeah, the backdrop should look more like the Hall of Armors in the movie. Not taking anything away from the one in the picture, I do think it looks good, but I'd like it to look closer to the movie version.

Then there's the stands. The Hall of Armors stand that comes with the Mk.IV would look great with your acrylic case, edge-lit, of course. :yess:

Oh yeah, with the edge lighting and stuff, I could probably make a really crazy one lol. I only have the Mark VI and War Machine, so I never had a need for a hall display, but it would be fun to build. It would be cool to make one that's modular, that way you could get one or 6 depending on how many of the armors you had.

^^ Wow, will recreate that final battle scene too once my Mark VI arrive! Nice pose there..the perfect pose for WM & Mark VI IMHO! Congrats!

No I don't. I saw it off the review video toys210 posted. Also I've been discussing this possibility with Centurion and IX_Nick_XI and they confirmed that I was probably right that although HT fixed the BD-piece with the pegs, it made the clean piece not fit properly instead. They didn't have the toy 1st hand to confirm it with me though.

That's what I thought. So you won't take the word of ppl who are holding the new revision in hand? :D. Both fit perfectly. None of them are a too loose or tight fit either so nothing to worry about at least not about fitment

:borg:

That's what I thought. So you won't take the word of ppl who are holding the new revision in hand? :D. Both fit perfectly. None of them are a too loose or tight fit either so nothing to worry about at least not about fitment

Well the thing is I did ask but nobody answered. So I asked for pics to compare instead and still nobody answered. So till someone posted some I just too the opportunity to ask darthjuan since he posted pics.
Anyway that's really good to hear. Based on toy210's review though it would seem he has the revised one too but the clean one doesn't seem to fit that perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj4V1HBkSSo&feature=player_embedded

Well the thing is I did ask but nobody answered. So I asked for pics to compare instead and still nobody answered. So till someone posted some I just too the opportunity to ask darthjuan since he posted pics.
Anyway that's really good to hear. Based on toy210's review though it would seem he has the revised one too but the clean one doesn't seem to fit that perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj4V1HBkSSo&feature=player_embedded

I would have liked to answer you and I am sure others would have done the same but we just got these in our claws ;). Also someone did say this already but just ppl chose disbelieve. Much like clothing there are this that fuss until everything is perfect and then the rest of the world ;)

haha i understand your excitement. just couldn't contain myself since I was already getting one but just wanted to get your opinions since you already have it first hand.

Have you had a look at the review vid yet? I know people chose to disbelieve but the video showed glaring proof that even though the BD chest was fixed, the clean one was sticking out even more. So I was just wondering how come you have the revised one and everything fits well but toys210's one doesn't.

that's cause I am good fusser :lol
But seriousely, being in this hobby I realize and on this forum the same figure can look great or like a cheap doll depending on how much effort and time you put in to fuss and pose it. Also at times pictures don't do justice when everything looks fine in hand but real small flaws only come into light only when you zoom in and blow up the image.
I will take it back out of the box maybe tonight and take some pictures. Wanted to do that anyways to show my BD chest being of a strange maroonish red...

I just got one from my mom!(she picked it up for me cuz I'm stuck at work, lol) and ill have my other one from toys 2 on Monday! Then my 3 next weekend from my other store! I'm so HAPPY!!!

Back