Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. It's not a big deal. I only noticed it because I was watching some of the special features on my IM2 blu ray and was flipping through this thread on my phone and thought it was odd that that detail was present on the Mark IV figure but not Mark VI.

Is it like that in the full-CGI portions as well? Sometimes they don't match up even in the movie.

Is it like that in the full-CGI portions as well? Sometimes they don't match up even in the movie.

I'm quite sure it's consistently like that in the film. It's an odd detail to miss when it was there on HT's own 1/4 Mark VI bust.

With some googling I found out why HT might have been forced to intentionally leave out that detail. In the film, the shoulder armor opens up and slides over and covers the gold bits when the shoulder munitions are deployed. The shoulder armor flattens down too.

Looks like HT went with that 'munitions-out' look. It's a shame the Mark VI figure will look like that even with the shoulder munitions closed, but it's not a big deal, like I said before. It would have been nice of them to include switch out shoulder parts too, but I understand why they did it the way they did.

im2scrcp6689.png

Yeah i can understand why they might have done that, oh well no big deal to me, but then again im not very keen on movie accuracy, lol just love these figures

ha ha thanks for pointing this out now it will bother me all the time.
easy solution would be just to paint the black part gold?

With some googling I found out why HT might have been forced to intentionally leave out that detail. In the film, the shoulder armor opens up and slides over and covers the gold bits when the shoulder munitions are deployed. The shoulder armor flattens down too.

Looks like HT went with that 'munitions-out' look. It's a shame the Mark VI figure will look like that even with the shoulder munitions closed, but it's not a big deal, like I said before. It would have been nice of them to include switch out shoulder parts too, but I understand why they did it the way they did.

im2scrcp6689.png

ha ha thanks for pointing this out now it will bother me all the time.
easy solution would be just to paint the black part gold?

You should know on Mk. 4... the gold is very minor gold paint ap. .... should be easily implemented on M. 6 as well... it's just that the clavicle armour being mobile and maybe thicker, it would make it less obvious
hot-toys-iron-man-ii-16th-mark-vi-figure-0.jpg

I wouldn't even bother painting it. You'd run the risk of lowering the value of the figure and you'd barely be able to see the area you painted gold anyway since the shoulder armor (in permanent munitions-deployed mode courtesy of HT) obstructs most of it, not to mention that the Mark VI figure is missing some of the sculpted areas nearer in the center of the clavicle that is on the Mark IV figure.

5232317768_e53f7d468f_z.jpg

I wouldn't even bother painting it. You'd run the risk of lowering the value of the figure and you'd barely be able to see the area you painted gold anyway since the shoulder armor (in permanent munitions-deployed mode courtesy of HT) obstructs most of it, not to mention that the Mark VI figure is missing some of the sculpted areas nearer in the center of the clavicle that is on the Mark IV figure.

huh? i dont understand what you mean? dont they pop out like the BD mk3?

huh? i dont understand what you mean? dont they pop out like the BD mk3?

Sorry what I meant was that the way the shoulder armor is sculpted and positioned on the Mark VI figure reflects how the Mark VI suit looks when Tony deploys the shoulder munitions. I should have been more clear in my previous post. I wasn't talking about the function of the shoulder munitions, but how the shoulder look. Functionally, like others have said it should pop out like on the BD MK3.

Take a look at the screen cap, and then the figure. The figure's shoulders are sculpted as if the munitions are permanently deployed because it completely hides the gold parts on the collar/clavicle area of the suit. Compare with the Mark IV figure below.

im2scrcp6689.png

18879387.jpg

Last edited:
^ I would say the prototype pic has no actual functioning micro-munition retracting/deploying and "pods" are just stuck-on... As there is no difference between in the clavicle armour whether it's deployed or not.

Maybe wait for HT final retail unit reveal a (few) day(s) before release as BD MK.3 was (& WM), would be more prudent.

^ I would say the prototype pic has no actual functioning micro-munition retracting/deploying and "pods" are just stuck-on... As there is no difference between in the clavicle armour whether it's deployed or not.

Maybe wait for HT final retail unit reveal a (few) day(s) before release as BD MK.3 was (& WM), would be more prudent.

You are likely right. Unless HT fixes it, the shoulders will only look accurate if you choose to display the figure with the munitions pods ejected at all times.

I do hope they fix it, but somehow I get the feeling that this oddity on the Mark VI figure was a conscious decision on their part based on logistics, perhaps.

Great observation!

And considering there is still such a long time before any production figures hit the streets, I would think that there is a fair chance that HT will correct it.

I'm not getting this guy, but fingers crossed for you folks that are.

Maybe we should start using arabic numerals. Would probably make it a lot easier to keep them straight.

The face on the helmet is pending for approval still? *sigh*
I'm really hoping this figure stays on schedule and we see the hedsculpt in the coming weeks with a release before the end of the month. I really, really want to see the final production piece before all of the Mark IV's are sold out, in the event that this figure doesn't turn out as well.

Why is it that there are still orders for the Mk IV but the VI is sold out almost everywhere? Are they making less of the VI or have they sold that much quicker without any real updated pictures or face sculpt?

Why is it that there are still orders for the Mk IV but the VI is sold out almost everywhere? Are they making less of the VI or have they sold that much quicker without any real updated pictures or face sculpt?
That's a great question, especially since people around here seem to prefer the Mark IV by 10 to 1.

Back