Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly: Yet don't have much choice. Prices will continue to increase as long as we continue purchasing at the elevated cost.
I could swallow the increase if it bought me a flawless figure; but he's got some serious proportion issues and Hot Toys' track record with Robert Downey Jr headsculpts has been pretty mediocre.

By the way, for people still wondering what the exclusive version's accessory is all about:

leftforearmarmor.jpg

I could swallow the increase if it bought me a flawless figure; but he's got some serious proportion issues and Hot Toys' track record with Robert Downey Jr headsculpts has been pretty mediocre.

By the way, for people still wondering what the exclusive version's accessory is all about:

leftforearmarmor.jpg

I wonder if HT has plans of a DX black widow in that dress?

Wow...this is pricey. I'm going to Flex it. Although I just canceled Whiplash and forget about Widow. Only the Marks and if the Mark V is high then only Tony's marks.

Why would the glove be able to fire by itself? Doesn't it need the reactor? That scene in the trailer always bothered me because of that.

That was after the market pushed the price upwards for 2nd and 3rd wave shipments; it was $185 when first released, which is what I paid from Toysquare. And when I say released I mean I ordered after the figure was out in Hong Kong. There's no reason the Mark VI figure should cost more than the Mark III battle-damaged figure did. I mean c'mon, the T-1000 is a $155 figure and look at everything he comes with.

https://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/album 2/T2_T1000_PR19.jpg

The Iron Man figures have WAY more in the way of individually cast injection molded pieces. That gets real expensive real fast production wise. Plus who knows what the pricing differences are in licensing. I imagine older licenses regardless of popularity have to be cheaper than brand new stuff.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but prices go up on everything. They differ of course in the amount they go up but at least around here when HT figures where coming out at $100-150 range movie ticket prices where $2-3 cheaper per ticket. It's called inflation. Inflation often out strips income increases at certain times in history. We're in a world-wide economic depression right now. Get used to it.

This will be my first IM figure, I've been holding out patiently from the start to see what HT would do. Can't wait to see what happens with MKV.

Wow...this is pricey. I'm going to Flex it. Although I just canceled Whiplash and forget about Widow. Only the Marks and if the Mark V is high then only Tony's marks.

Not getting multiples now, mike?

I remembered you got like 3 mark IIIs, 3 mark IIs from the first I'm line right.

Was it Mike that said he cancelled Whiplash because of the exposed arm joins?

I felt the same, I didn't even pre-order it. Fantastic sculpt nonetheless but Black Widow is very Barbie like. You bought a real doll!

Not getting multiples now, mike? I remembered you got like 3 mark IIIs, 3 mark IIs from the first I'm line right.

Right. I don't want a multiple of WM since I'm not a fan of the Rhodey sculpt and with the Mark IV it'll depend on the Downey sculpt on whether or not I get an extra. I want an extra of this to display in the Battle Damaged mode as well but at $200+ that might not be feasable considering all the other stuff milling around.

Was it Mike that said he cancelled Whiplash because of the exposed arm joins? I felt the same, I didn't even pre-order it. Fantastic sculpt nonetheless but Black Widow is very Barbie like. You bought a real doll!

No, the Whiplash joints never really bothered me. I canceled it now because of this cost. As for Widow I never really felt it was worth the cost.

Even if you own all the Mark's, that'll still be one heck of a stunning display. It be even better in all dynamic poses.

Right. I don't want a multiple of WM since I'm not a fan of the Rhodey sculpt and with the Mark IV it'll depend on the Downey sculpt on whether or not I get an extra. I want an extra of this to display in the Battle Damaged mode as well but at $200+ that might not be feasable considering all the other stuff milling around.

No, the Whiplash joints never really bothered me. I canceled it now because of this cost. As for Widow I never really felt it was worth the cost.

I think the rhodey sculpt looks 10X better than that of the mark II tbh. But diff strokes for diff folks I guess.

Why you cancelling whiplash again mike? Its almost on par with the mark I imo, and with the release of mark V, I can only imagine the demand for it to be skyrocketing.

In order to get two Mark VIs, something had to give....its Whiplash right now although that might change once I see it in hand.

Anyone think the exclusive arm will have limitations as to which Truetypes it can be added on to. Possibly only the female (Widow) body?

I'm interested to see how it exactly goes on. Whether the hand switches out and the forearm piece is a cuff or a TT forearm that detaches from it to switch with this...

The Iron Man figures have WAY more in the way of individually cast injection molded pieces. That gets real expensive real fast production wise. Plus who knows what the pricing differences are in licensing. I imagine older licenses regardless of popularity have to be cheaper than brand new stuff.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but prices go up on everything. They differ of course in the amount they go up but at least around here when HT figures where coming out at $100-150 range movie ticket prices where $2-3 cheaper per ticket. It's called inflation. Inflation often out strips income increases at certain times in history. We're in a world-wide economic depression right now. Get used to it.
Inflation? Are you kidding? Battle-Damaged Mark III just came out 5 months ago; inflation doesn't account for a 12% price hike in 5 months. At that rate we'd be paying $330 for Iron Man 3 figures in two years. Or to look at it another way, we would have only paid $90 for the original Mark III. And regarding parts, most of them are just duplicates of parts they had to cast anyhow, painted differently. He doesn't have $25 worth of extra parts over the Mark III Battle-Damaged, and the Mark IV certainly doesn't have $20 worth of extra parts over the original Mark III.

Somebody down the line figured they could charge an extra $20 per figure and collectors would gladly bend over and take it; it may have not been Hot Toys, though. It could be Marvel charging extra licensing fees, or even Robert Downey Jr's people charging a fat likeness fee.

Then again, seeing as how the cost of a Predator has also gone up $20 since the classic Predator was released, maybe it is Hot Toys that's taking us for more per figure.

Everything about this feels like a DX release without the name even the price. I wonder if the decision to remove the DX, which would be the base and PERS system was done last minute and just gone with a MMS instead.

I wants it now! But wait.. I do NOT like how there's battle dmg on both sets of the thigh armor plating :gah: I like my Iron Man figures looking pristine. Yes I sound picky but I was hoping they would make the mk. VI clean all throughout.

Back