Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no fading on mine either. I kept him in the non-battle damaged version. I think I'm going to buy Mark V and make that one look busted.

Mine finally arrived !!
One month and one day ...for a two week delivery...tracking website still hasn't been updated....bizarre, but at least its here :yess:

So checks and first impressions:

Holy crap it is awesome....and I owned the BD mk3, but this is just on a whole other level. Totally amazing paint job and I just love the mk.6 suit ...easily my favorite suit.

All the parts there - check
No paint issues - check
Hip guns working correctly - check
Rubber washer on BD arm - check! ...really didn't expect that to be there
Light up features ....hmmm not one of them work

Coincidentally I received a set of 3 miniature screwdrivers a couple of days ago :lol Now I admit I have zero skill at any of this 1/6 stuff but even I can unscrew things...

And every battery compartment is empty.... :rotfl
I don't know what to think of that. I read people saying the batteries should be removed to stop leaking (or explosions!) ....did Hot Toys just decide to help me out there?

The circuitry appears to be there. I guess I should buy some batteries and see if it actually works! Can anyone tell me exactly what type I need? Would appreciate any help!

(PS - got him to displayed clean with the RDJ head and sunglasses from Mk4 which I bought separately)

no batteries? that's weird. were the plastic tabs still in place?

no plastic tabs anywhere...not even in the box loose like they'd fallen out.
As soon as I noticed that I guessed everything may be flat ...did not guess they would not be there at all :D

the types of batteries are listed in the instructions...you may want to go online and look for alternate, more common names of the batteries though

Hey Sab glad to hear you got your figure. No batteries is no biggie, as long as everything else is minty fresh you're looking good my friend :D

Yeah mine has zero fading. I like the original MKIII better anyway because the color is more accurate and the chest and shoulders are even wider on the BD MKIII making the skinny waist look even worse. I also did some minor modding on my MKIII and MKII to fix the skinny waist problem somewhat.

Iron Man Mark III modification by dangercorpse, on Flickr

:exactly:

Wow, nice mod there.:monkey1 Though it sacrificed some height, the proportion is definitely much better. Well-done! :clap

Okay… he was saying that my mod made the Mark III shorter. I am saying it did not. The Mark III was always shorter than the newer figures. I think you are misunderstanding by reading my comment out of context.

Hi All,

I posted these the other day in the Mark 3 BD damaged thread, but I've copied it over as the images are relevant to the discussion here. As you can see the mark 3 is a bit shorter than the mark 4, mine slightly more so as I have modded the giraffe neck. Its also a ton skinnier, especially in side view!

Hi All,

........Here they are for comparison! it has the mark 3 head / modded neck in some pics and the mark 4 head / modded neck in others. just to confuse everyone.

DSCN1020.jpg

DSCN1024.jpg

DSCN1025.jpg

DSCN1026.jpg

Incidently, taking the photos of these two together earlier I couldn't help but think that the HT mark 4 still looks miles better. if anyone has a mark 3 and thinks the mark 4 isnt different enough to get... well the pics speak for themselves...

Everytime I think I want to buy a mark 3 I look at a comparison pic like this and I change my mind. The only reason I would even consider buying one is for the up coming iron monger. But still the difference between the two is so vast

the types of batteries are listed in the instructions...you may want to go online and look for alternate, more common names of the batteries though

thanks, found it!

Hey Sab glad to hear you got your figure. No batteries is no biggie, as long as everything else is minty fresh you're looking good my friend :D

thanks.
Going to get some batteries today. Fingers crossed I see some arc light action :)

Everytime I think I want to buy a mark 3 I look at a comparison pic like this and I change my mind. The only reason I would even consider buying one is for the up coming iron monger. But still the difference between the two is so vast

Wait till the new HT MK III BD 2.0- I think HT will do a redone much more accurate BD for release with Iron Monger...HT LOVE LOVE LOVES IM!:panic:

Wait till the new HT MK III BD 2.0- I think HT will do a redone much more accurate BD for release with Iron Monger...HT LOVE LOVE LOVES IM!:panic:

We have the original Mark 3, Mark 3 BD, Mark 3 Stealth variant w/the book on the horizon already. A fourth Mark 3 is pushing it even for the IM line :lol

We have the original Mark 3, Mark 3 BD, Mark 3 Stealth variant w/the book on the horizon already. A fourth Mark 3 is pushing it even for the IM line :lol

Doesn't the new IM mk2 (unleashed or something?) indicate there is a good chance of a new mk3? If they've gone to the trouble of all new moulds for that, wouldn't mk3's use the same ones?

Back