Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could talk for ages about Ironman 2 ..but its easier to just show you this guys review, as i pretty much feel the same way about it as he does.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/8tDwMmTKlW0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/8tDwMmTKlW0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The whole drunk annoying tony was overshadowing as was all the avengers stuff.

Has this guy ever read an Iron Man comic? Stark is an acholic or well recovering now. They did a whole thing about it back in the day and that's what did with this one a bit. Also u realize there is going to be an avengers movie and that iron man is a part of it. They're bringing it all together as they should and as comic fans want to see.

Has this guy ever read an Iron Man comic? Stark is an acholic or well recovering now. They did a whole thing about it back in the day and that's what did with this one a bit. Also u realize there is going to be an avengers movie and that iron man is a part of it. They're bringing it all together as they should and as comic fans want to see.

Did you even watch the whole video:dunno ..he states that "he does know" the alcoholic tony is based on a story from the comics ..but imo it just didn't work ..it spawned so many stupid scenes like the middle battle with Rhody ..my god that was just sooo:gah: ..i'd rather see a fight scene like the one from the first film in gulmira ..that scene screamed "badass!" ..while the drunken tony battle imo screamed "lame!" ...and the only other fights scenes were like 30 seconds long!:cuckoo:

..and yes i do know about the upcoming avengers movie!:banghead ..but i think its a shame that ironmans sequel was used to set that up as it was very overpowering.

..also i don't think its right to put down someones opinion if they haven't read the comics ..at the end of the day its the film overall that counts and it has to be accessible to everyone and not just the comic fans, a comic book movie have all the most important story arcs from the comics in it but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be any good.

Being true to the comics does not necessarily mean an instantly great film!

Last edited:
I read the novelization (of IM2) prior to seeing the film. The novel handled the alcoholic storyline much better than the film. That said, I am a fan of the film. Whether it was final cut, improvisation etc. Starks conflicts with himself, alcohol, Rhodes and Pepper were better on paper than in film IMO. Still a solid 7.5 outta 10.

So think this figure will be delayed :wink1:

Restated many times: ArcReactor is not Chest RT.... even the movie prop designers/prop makers use the wrong term on the Videos.

Pic. 05 (below) is the 1/4 Mk.5 bust.... all the rest of the pics show the semi-circle through the window of the 12".
20100801a3c340cdb52816b.jpg
Gorgeous, gorgeous figure. Can't wait to see more.

Did you even watch the whole video:dunno ..he states that "he does know" the alcoholic tony is based on a story from the comics ..but imo it just didn't work ..it spawned so many stupid scenes like the middle battle with Rhody ..my god that was just sooo:gah: ..i'd rather see a fight scene like the one from the first film in gulmira ..that scene screamed "badass!" ..while the drunken tony battle imo screamed "lame!" ...and the only other fights scenes were like 30 seconds long!:cuckoo:

Honestly at first when he went into it I turned him off. He was totally acting like he had never read it and honestly I'm not sure he has. He may know about it but I don't think he's read a comic in his life. Him doing this to himself is a big deal of the comics a few years back. So they have to put it in the movies and this movie is the one. The sequence where he really just tosses it all in with the booze is very short.

I totally loved the battle with him and Rhodey. Seeing the two Iron Man suits fight it out was awesome. They have to show these parts of his personality. Its not just lets keep Tony the same and never do anything. They have source material they have to use and honestly to cater to the majority of fans they have to.

..and yes i do know about the upcoming avengers movie!:banghead ..but i think its a shame that ironmans sequel was used to set that up as it was very overpowering.

Its a major part of the character. Why wouldn't you start that process? Its gonna be part of Thor and Captain America I would bet. It makes no sense to just have a movie about a character and not use major parts of whats happened to him.

..also i don't think its right to put down someones opinion if they haven't read the comics ..at the end of the day its the film overall that counts and it has to be accessible to everyone and not just the comic fans, a comic book movie have all the most important story arcs from the comics in it but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be any good.

I'm not. However, if you've read them you'd get why they did what they did. Not having read them just makes you less knowledgeable on the subject and likely to say something that makes people go WTF. It does have to be but it also has to be something fans of the comics can come in and go now thats Iron Man. Not including the most important story arcs means it most likely won't be a good movie at all and not accepted by virtually all fans.

I think it's pretty fair to put someone down about not knowing the comics, but still criticizing a comic book movie.
Like the post above mine said, Iron Man is a huge part of the Avengers. Plus, they're trying to show how all of these movie's are intertwined into one big universe.
PLUS, they're building up for the Avengers in seperate movies, which is smart. Do you have any idea how much the Avengers would suck if it was just Nick Fury popping in from out of the blue, saying 'HEY U GUYZ WANNA MAK A SOOPERHERO TEEM?" with the heroes just saying 'OK LOL"
That movie would be terrible. It's way cooler for them to build up for the Avengers in each one of these films. Iron Man 2 just happens to be the main film they're doing it in.

Iron Man 2 was a great comic book movie. Unfortunately, overcritical asses will try and make it seem bad for the STUPIDEST reasons.
(Bullcrap) Reasons people hate Iron Man 2
1. Too much of Nick Fury and buildup for the Avengers
MY REACTION Most of this is people BAAAWING for whatever stupid reason they have. But so far, no reason has been valid, or logical.
2. Tony never improved his act since the first movie
MY REACTION Actually, Tony went from a war monger to a peace prophet. People just whine because Tony is still a cocky ******, which is what makes him so awesome and has always been a trait of the character that will never go away. Because Marvel doesn't want to appease to all of the people that feel that every superhero needs to be a perfect mary-sue without conflict.
Besides, what happened in the first movie that would have made Tony want to change his personality?
3. The fight between the Mark II and Mark IV
MY REACTION :lol Are you kidding me?

Last edited:
I think it's pretty fair to put someone down about not knowing the comics, but still criticizing a comic book movie.

That depends on if someone is criticizing how the story was handled in the movie or the story itself. If it's the former, they shouldn't be put down.

I haven't read the Iron Man comics. So, if the comics threw all of the multiple story lines that are in this movie into one issue, then I retract my statement. I will then read the comic and critique only the comic.

That depends on if someone is criticizing how the story was handled in the movie or the story itself. If it's the former, they shouldn't be put down.

I haven't read the Iron Man comics. So, if the comics threw all of the multiple story lines that are in this movie into one issue, then I retract my statement. I will then read the comic and critique only the comic.

Yeah, it's pretty much that. Actually, that happens with almost every comic. Since it's all one big universe, certain characters are going to make appearances in other characters comics. It's nothing new.

Like the post above mine said, Iron Man is a huge part of the Avengers. Plus, they're trying to show how all of these movie's are intertwined into one big universe.
PLUS, they're building up for the Avengers in seperate movies, which is smart. Do you have any idea how much the Avengers would suck if it was just Nick Fury popping in from out of the blue, saying 'HEY U GUYZ WANNA MAK A SOOPERHERO TEEM?" with the heroes just saying 'OK LOL"
That movie would be terrible. It's way cooler for them to build up for the Avengers in each one of these films. Iron Man 2 just happens to be the main film they're doing it in.

Iron Man 2 was a great comic book movie. Unfortunately, overcritical asses will try and make it seem bad for the STUPIDEST reasons.
(Bullcrap) Reasons people hate Iron Man 2
1. Too much of Nick Fury and buildup for the Avengers
MY REACTION Most of this is people BAAAWING for whatever stupid reason they have. But so far, no reason has been valid, or logical.
2. Tony never improved his act since the first movie
MY REACTION Actually, Tony went from a war monger to a peace prophet. People just whine because Tony is still a cocky ******, which is what makes him so awesome and has always been a trait of the character that will never go away. Because Marvel doesn't want to appease to all of the people that feel that every superhero needs to be a perfect mary-sue without conflict.
Besides, what happened in the first movie that would have made Tony want to change his personality?
3. The fight between the Mark II and Mark IV
MY REACTION :lol Are you kidding me?

:exactly::goodpost:

Convoluted, complicated sotrylines are a STAPLE of comic books. you have massive, overarching stories with parts criss-crossing all over the place. the CLOSEST thing i can give that has a simular story and plat structure is Daytime tv, or "soap operas" if you prefer.

Pick up 2-3 consecutive issues of most any comic and you'll see what i mean.

Convoluted, complicated sotrylines are a STAPLE of comic books. you have massive, overarching stories with parts criss-crossing all over the place. the CLOSEST thing i can give that has a simular story and plat structure is Daytime tv, or "soap operas" if you prefer.

Pick up 2-3 consecutive issues of most any comic and you'll see what i mean.

This isnt a comic book. This is a movie. Spandex is also a staple of comic books, that doesnt mean it doesn't look ridiculous on film.In a movie there is only 2 hours to tell a story and long convoluted plotlines dont work, regardless of what happened in the comics.

The story lines in IM2 worked fine. They set up the future of the IM series and the Avengers stuff perfectly. Though, I admit I've read the comics and have that knowledge maybe thats why I appreciated them doing that.

This isnt a comic book. This is a movie. Spandex is also a staple of comic books, that doesnt mean it doesn't look ridiculous on film.In a movie there is only 2 hours to tell a story and long convoluted plotlines dont work, regardless of what happened in the comics.

No they aren't comics but what you need to understand is the Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and Captain America are all the story arcs being told to get to the main story arc which is The Avengers.
Marvel Studios set out to make The Avengers in film rather than giving us The Avengers in 2008 they decided to give us introductory films to each of the main characters which was a brilliant choice. Without the Avengers we wouldn't be getting these character films right now.

I think it's better if we start a new thread to continue discussing this stuff rather than bogging down the Mark VI thread. Anyone agree?

It's a movie based on a comic book, and one of the better ones out there. it was made for fans of the comic book, and hoped to grab new fans as well. hollyweird has dumbed down comics for years, and it's brought us bad movies like batman forever. If you have trouble following it, I'm sorry.

Also, yes, it's usually 2 hours to tell a story in a movie, but this is intended to be part of a serial. with , large, overlapping stories metting up across several films.

Actually it was made for a general audience. If it also grabbed fans of the comic book than all the better. But that was in no way the top priority.

I had no trouble following it (except for that confusing bit with Tony's dad desinging a new element that just happens to be a perfect match for his reactor core), but that doesnt mean I thought it was handled well.

Films arent serials. Considering the many years between them, it is important that they be able to stand on thier own. And Iron Man 2 had plenty of standalone storylines, just way too many of them,

They actually say numerous times how hard they work at keeping faithful to the source material. So I look at it as they're trying to be good to fans who have supported iron man over the years. For the movie to be a hit it has to draw both crowds in but the foundation is with any comic movie the comic fans.

Like has been said comic movies should be able to tie unto each other especially with a series like iron man or the avengers.

I admit i never was big into the ironman comics ..marvel comics in general actually, when i do read comics ..its usually dc or something else, to give you an idea of what i like ..the last thing i read was the preacher series and i will be getting into fables soon.

...and Josh i know your a huge Ironman fan and i respect your opinion..i just don't share it, ... like i said i like ironman as a character and i love the quality figures that hot toys give us..so i don't believe that my opinion on IM2 should keep me from getting the most advanced 1/6 ironman figures to date.

Now a question for all who though the film was great and who have bought or pre-ordered the figures ..."if" the film did disappoint you like it did for me, would you let that stop you from buying any of these awesome figures from hot toys , as i'd imagine an ironman fan would still buy them as there still figure of ironman and co.

I never read any of the Iron Man comics. Loved the first film, was ok with the second. But I love the mark 4 figure and have one on preorder for my intended Avengers shelf. Not sure about Cap though. I am assuming he will wear a different suit when he is in modern times like in the Ultimates comic. Sometimes, for me atleast, if the figure is cool, the film is irrelevant.

Now a question for all who though the film was great and who have bought or pre-ordered the figures ..."if" the film did disappoint you like it did for me, would you let that stop you from buying any of these awesome figures from hot toys , as i'd imagine an ironman fan would still buy them as there still figure of ironman and co.

I don't let my opinion of a film sway whether I buy a figure. I thought Watchmen, Expendables, 300 and Hellboy were average films but that hasn't stopped me from buying The Comedian, Barney Ross, King Leonidas and Hellboy. All great HT figures.

I admit i never was big into the ironman comics ..marvel comics in general actually, when i do read comics ..its usually dc or something else, to give you an idea of what i like ..the last thing i read was the preacher series and i will be getting into fables soon.

I read Batman from DC so its all good. Reading the comics though helps you appreciate and understand why they did what they did in the movies. Also watching the extras lets you know they're thinking like the comic fans as a whole I think.

...and Josh i know your a huge Ironman fan and i respect your opinion..i just don't share it, ... like i said i like ironman as a character and i love the quality figures that hot toys give us..so i don't believe that my opinion on IM2 should keep me from getting the most advanced 1/6 ironman figures to date.

Thats cool. You seem like a cool person here. I'm just giving why from my pov they did what they did and all that jazz. HT makes some of the coolest ____ around. If you really didn't care for the movie and still want figures from it by all means its your money is the way I look at it.

As much as I like Iron Man probably not. However, there have been films like "The Expendables" that did let me down. Until I see the Director's Cut Stallone is working on and I see if that changes my mind I will not be buying his figure from this movie. So yeah a bad film can keep me from buying a figure no matter how cool it is.

Back