Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad to see that the after-market prices on these have stabilized. Looks like they can be had for $250 or less on eBay. Even though they sold out before they came in stock everywhere, a big chunk of that was apparently people hoarding them up to off-load on eBay. But the market adjusts, and is doing so here. I have no doubt this will be worth something more down the road, but to go up so high in value right after it is released is silly.

Yes, good point, seriously. My wait list converted and is being delivered today and I decided I'm not going to keep it. I'll either sell it at cost or look to trade it.

Yes, good point, seriously. My wait list converted and is being delivered today and I decided I'm not going to keep it. I'll either sell it at cost or look to trade it.

Congrats! You get on just recently or have you been waiting awhile?

My guess is that once those on ebay are sold, it will go up in price again.
Also with future movie releases of the Iron Man, people are going to want previous armors.
I agree, but my issue with this figure is that the pre-orders all sold out, suggesting the demand was insanely high. But now, eBay is flooded with them, suggested that a big chunk of those were flippers looking for an easy profit. People can do what they want to with their money, etc., but I'm no fan of aggregate artificial market manipulation. All that hoarding just led to an unrealistic portrayal of the popularity and price of these figures initially. A perception that is now a bit more realistic on eBay.

I have to say that I was toying with the idea of selling the Mark III as well. Purely becuse it just doesn't looks as good these new ones and I do really like the Mark IV.

But lads!! Can you help me?

I got my Mark VI just now and everything is fine, armour fits etc. but the BD arm is missing that washer thing!! :gah:

What did others do about this?

IMAG0648.jpg

I just got mine today, opened it and checked everything and thought all was right, then I noticed your post, I'm missing that rubber washer thing too from my battle damaged arm, and mine came direct from Sideshow.
I'm contacting SSC about this and see if I can just have the washer sent to me or just send back the Battle Damaged arm, I'd hate to send the whole thing back and hope nothing else is wrong with it.
I had mine on flex pay and tried to pay it off earlier but they said I couldn't because they had to inspect the figure for issues before they send it, apparently they didn't inspect it well enough!
Eamon said:
All ya need is just one of them washer things. If you heat it up, it should go over peg easily enough.

So I don't want a replacement arm. I just want another red washer thingy!
You don't even have to heat the thing up at all, it just slides on and off the post easily. I'm hoping they just send me the washer too.

I just got mine today, opened it and checked everything and thought all was right, then I noticed your post, I'm missing that rubber washer thing too from my battle damaged arm, and mine came direct from Sideshow.
I'm contacting SSC about this and see if I can just have the washer sent to me or just send back the Battle Damaged arm, I'd hate to send the whole thing back and hope nothing else is wrong with it.
I had mine on flex pay and tried to pay it off earlier but they said I couldn't because they had to inspect the figure for issues before they send it, apparently they didn't inspect it well enough!

You don't even have to heat the thing up at all, it just slides on and off the post easily. I'm hoping they just send me the washer too.

Surely Hot Toys would send out the washer? They sent me out a replacement knee for my Dutch when he broke soon after buying it.

Thing is it's quite a easy fix for us too I would say. All you need is two rings of rubber. One bigger and smaller stuck together.
My only issue is weather this devalues the figure. Not that I would sell him but it's nice to know you have something of worth.

SSCs just sent me a new washer/shoulder disk.

This was a somewhat common problem. Some came with it, some didn't. Some guys just decided to use the one on the non-damaged arm.

I wanted one with all the parts so I requested a shoulder disk from SSCs and they sent a new one.

Eamon said:
Surely Hot Toys would send out the washer? They sent me out a replacement knee for my Dutch when he broke soon after buying it.

Thing is it's quite a easy fix for us too I would say. All you need is two rings of rubber. One bigger and smaller stuck together.
My only issue is weather this devalues the figure. Not that I would sell him but it's nice to know you have something of worth.
I got mine from Sideshow so it's up to them to take care of. No need to make a disk, just take the one off the non battle damaged left arm and slide it on the shoulder ball as Lee suggested, that's how I got mine.
SSCs just sent me a new washer/shoulder disk.

This was a somewhat common problem. Some came with it, some didn't. Some guys just decided to use the one on the non-damaged arm.

I wanted one with all the parts so I requested a shoulder disk from SSCs and they sent a new one.

That's great to hear!
I just sent them a request, hopefully they have one more lying around they could send.
:duff

Well they got back to me and said this:
Thank you for contacting our Returns department. After previously examining a few of the stock pieces of the Iron Man Mark VI 12-Inch Figure, we have found that there is only one rubber spacer grommet for these arms that is included with the item.

We apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will do our very best to assist you.

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative
So Sideshow is saying there should be only one per side and not one for the battle damaged arm?
Can anyone take a pic that proves there should be three of these grommets, one per arm?

I checked my BD arm in the box and no rubber washer present, i'm gonna have a look at the regular arm and see if the washer is there, is there supposed to be two?

Perhaps its meant to be switched? or stay in the socket for each arm to be placed into?

Yeah, my figure came with washers on both arms, fortunately, although it really doesn't matter.
You can use only one arm at a time anyway. :D

Mine came with both washers as well.

Mine was pretty much perfect. I was really worried as I orded him before reading this thread. After I herd about all the problems I got really nevrious but it was for not!

There are supposed to be washers for ALL arms. It's a screw up on HT part and SS is ust lying by saying it's normal.

However, I will say that it's a minor flaw and if you are not a nitpicker, ust enjoy the figure.

Have we not had this then?

Lol I can't believe you actually tracked my post all the way that far back xD Well it was kept alive for a few pages but then it eventually died on its own. Was too much work to keep updating it. It wasn't a thread by itself.

Back