Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not just rotate the wrist armor to the bottom? That allows the wrist movement upward exposing the palm.

Tried that. Improves it slightly, but makes it SUPER awkward and ridiculous looking that the wrist armor is shifted to the bottom, not to mention that it has NO likeness whatsoever to the movie that way.

True it's a toy but that sort of compromise is quite an eyesore I feel >.<

You mean by shaving the wrist armor? Didn't see much difference with that either bro.

He means like this:

037-1.jpg

So you can do this:

014.jpg

You mean by shaving the wrist armor? Didn't see much difference with that either bro.

He means like this:

037-1.jpg

So you can do this:

014.jpg
:lecture This is what I was referring to. You would have to do permanent removal of part of the armor.Yes, I see it.
I meant permanent removal of the armor from the glove or at the wrist joint.

Last edited:
By simply rotating the wrist armor though you can get nearly the same effect with no modification. Not a full straight back wrist but a fairly natural angle of that pose.

5638201434_f53073f40a_b.jpg

The wrist armor is the real problem. The Mark III with it's rubber wrist armor does a much better job.

By simply rotating the wrist armor though you can get nearly the same effect with no modification. Not a full straight back wrist but a fairly natural angle of that pose.

5638201434_f53073f40a_b.jpg

The wrist armor is the real problem. The Mark III with it's rubber wrist armor does a much better job.

That's what I stated, and that's what I've done with mine. I think it looks fine and works well but he apparently hates it :lol

He means like this:

037-1.jpg

So you can do this:

014.jpg

I always thought that since HT developed the articulated hands, they could have modified the open palm into "repulsor blast" hands, where the peg hole is behind the palm kind of like the mod in the pic, since the articulated hands can already do the normal open palm position.

Last edited:
I'd be happy if the wrist armor was just articulated in a fashion that allowed the hand to push upward, which they currently do not.

I'd be happy if the wrist armor was just articulated in a fashion that allowed the hand to push upward, which they currently do not.
Since this is such a popular position for Iron Man's hands to be in, Hot Toys would be wise to incorporate a method of getting better wrist extension into their future releases of Iron Man figures.

Since this is such a popular position for Iron Man's hands to be in, Hot Toys would be wise to incorporate a method of getting better wrist extension into their future releases of Iron Man figures.

tumpak! i couldn't agree more. surprised HT wasn't able to consider this while in production. how'd they expect IM to finish off the drones, optic blast? :lecture

That's a great question.
I would try, but I'm afraid I may not be able to get it back on the forearm. It does look like it snaps into place though.

My Mark VI arrived w/ a broken wrist armor (the lower part..the one that's movable) so HT said they'll send a new wrist armor to me but I'm not sure how can I place the new one if this part ain't removable..:cuckoo:

My Mark VI arrived w/ a broken wrist armor (the lower part..the one that's movable) so HT said they'll send a new wrist armor to me but I'm not sure how can I place the new one if this part ain't removable..:cuckoo:
When you get the new piece, study it. Look at the end that you are suppose to put onto the forearm.

In other words look for grooves, canals, or bumps that could possibly be used to hold the wrist armor in place.
That will tell you how you should approach the removal of the broken wrist armor.

Hopefully, it just snaps into place. If so, a good yank on the broken wrist armor would be all that is needed.

I am aware of that method which rubio95 did bro.
However like I said earlier, it doesn't really solve the problem when the only way to get it angled up is to actually rotate the wrist armor down since it's super awkward and ugly and has no real likeness to the movie at all.
That just defeats the purpose of wanting him to have natural repulsor shooting poses when you have to make sacrifices like shifting the wrist armor down and makes it look WORST.

Back