Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got my SS exclusive Monday and it is flawless. Not one gripe as far as I can tell. I already swapped out all of the clean parts for the BD ones. My BD left arm had no red rubber ring on it so I just used the one from the non BD arm. I wasn't sure if I needed it but I noticed on my reg Mark VI that it had one. So not sure why I didn't get two but it's not a deal at all. Now I can display both clean and BD versions side by side.
Sweet!
Congrats and post pics when you get a chance.

yes if you are not facing a space/shelfspace issue yet and have everything open and displayed you are not a true freak yet :lol

I know what you mean...I have an extra T-1000 boxed up in the closet....I might get it out when I get more shelves....

Yep, shelf space is killing me atm since I'm waiting on customs :impatient:

Regarding boxed figs, how much more do you think they sell for if they've never been opened? I mean, if someone wants a rare figure down the road and it looks to be mint/near mint, I can't imagine the price being lower considerably b/c it isn't MISB.

Regarding boxed figs, how much more do you think they sell for if they've never been opened? I mean, if someone wants a rare figure down the road and it looks to be mint/near mint, I can't imagine the price being lower considerably b/c it isn't MISB.
I'd like to know the answer to this too.

I've seen some highly sought-after figures (Mk.II, Wolverine, Blade) on ebay, where the seller indicates that the box was opened only for inspection, but never displayed...and these still sell for the same as those who are selling them as MISB.v:horror

I'm sorry, but opened for inspection, makes it an "opened" product and not the same as a "sealed from factory" product. But that never stops these figures from selling for the same as the equivalent that is MISB.

I'd like to know the answer to this too.

I've seen some highly sought-after figures (Mk.II, Wolverine, Blade) on ebay, where the seller indicates that the box was opened only for inspection, but never displayed...and these still sell for the same as those who are selling them as MISB.v:horror

I'm sorry, but opened for inspection, makes it an "opened" product and not the same as a "sealed from factory" product. But that never stops these figures from selling for the same as the equivalent that is MISB.

That's exactly where I was going. If a collector wants a figure badly enough, I don't think the box is going to be something to get in the way of a transaction. In the end, how many people really care about the box? Imo it's all about the condition of the figure, and even an unopened figure has no guarantees.

I said it somewhere else before but anyone who has some experience and follows this hobby knows that sealed is really risky these days with HT.

Makes sense to me.
At the very least, inspecting the product (as the seller) means you can tell your buyer that everything is in the condition it's suppose to be in, no missing parts, etc.

I'm convinced now.
I will open up the package when I receive it.
If there are any missing or faulty parts, I want to know right away so that I can get it fixed/replaced immediately.
Then I can take the pics and show the buyer it's 100%.

Makes sense to me.
At the very least, inspecting the product (as the seller) means you can tell your buyer that everything is in the condition it's suppose to be in, no missing parts, etc.

I'm convinced now.
I will open up the package when I receive it.
If there are any missing or faulty parts, I want to know right away so that I can get it fixed/replaced immediately.
Then I can take the pics and show the buyer it's 100%.

Yes, don't forget the part where you display it with your other IM figures for a year or 2 before selling :D :wink1: :lol

Opened for inspection can often give the buyer peace of mind, as the seller can be held responsible for any issues that they have not mentioned in their sales notice. A sealed box holds the possibility of factory QC issues that the seller cannot be held responsible for. With older figures in particular, where you have no chance of getting replacement parts from a manufacturer, some might prefer to have a better idea of what they are buying.

Then again, if you keep everything mint in box, I guess it doesn't matter!

Couple of quick shots.

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

okay....here we go....not my final setup as I am waiting on some shelves from coco....but this is where the Iron gets hot for right now....sorry about the flash and the camera....Using a Sony Zeiss point and shoot....hope you enjoy.
11087619.gif

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01647.jpg

DSC01646.jpg

DSC01644.jpg

DSC01643.jpg

DSC01642.jpg

DSC01641.jpg

DSC01640.jpg

DSC01639.jpg

Yes, don't forget the part where you display it with your other IM figures for a year or 2 before selling :D :wink1: :lol
Right. :lol
This is why I'm skeptical of those sellers claiming the figure was "opened for inspection only", but I understand you (as the buyer) take risks either way.

Back