Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im sensing a repeat of Mark3 BD. I noticed some units already are lightening on the underwear / crotch part. it's the only rubberized part if im not mistaken..

Pop the Abs out.... hold the top torso and bottom pelvic region and extend the the Abs... I believe there are many youtube video around. I've 6 (Mark VI and IV, 7th body waiting post to arrive from IXI Nick IXI), I've yet to break one. "Berani kerana benar"/Very little risk of pain... a lot of gain in articulation). One of the main reason I purchase so many..

RDJ head has more space (between the mask/face) that allows some defects of the mask to be not so pronounced. If you have 2 lighted head you can tell whether it's the mask or head.

Haha very true about the berani kerana benar part. I'll give it a go sometime. But am I correct about the arms not able to extend straight in front of his chest?

The problem is I don't have 2 lighted heads so I can't test it out :( When you put the clean mask on does it instantly fit and the curvatures of both cheekbones are aligned perfectly? Or do you actually have to shift it side to side and adjust it a little to make it sit in the middle?

That's actually a great idea. Keep one with you while you're studying abroad. Maybe use it as motivation to do well. Once you graduate and pursue your career, you can buy as many Hot Toys figures as you want. :yess:

HAhaha true that true that it's always a welcome sight to come back to my "kids" waiting for me on display at the door after classes.. I wonder if you'd do the same too :p

But the trouble is though, if I don't bring it back home with me then how will I be able to differentiate properly and mix and match to my required taste? I'll be only able to mix and match between the 2 back home and I don't think I'd get proper recollection if the 3rd one was still sitting here...

SIgh what a headache:panic:

Haha very true about the berani kerana benar part. I'll give it a go sometime. But am I correct about the arms not able to extend straight in front of his chest?

The problem is I don't have 2 lighted heads so I can't test it out :( When you put the clean mask on does it instantly fit and the curvatures of both cheekbones are aligned perfectly? Or do you actually have to shift it side to side and adjust it a little to make it sit in the middle?

Yes, the larger/pointy chest plate prevents it.... Ironically Mk.3/2 version one has retractable chest parts.

So long you can adjust it to the middle and it's not protruding it should be fine.

nothing is going to be 100% perfect when its based off something that cant actually exist (CGI Iron Man)

I think we should be a bit more forgiving with Hot Toys and the Iron Man (QC excluded of course)

Even if it did exist, we're still talking something that's one sixth the size of the real thing. We all know this but to spell it out, something that on the theoretical "real thing" is one foot square would only be two inches square on the 1/6 model. That's a pretty huge difference in size.

Obviously you're right. I'm referring more to the unrealistic movement of Iron Man in the movie. Since its CGI it can move and pose any way they want it to regardless of armor restrictions. If anything, I would imagine that this figure's range of motion is closer to realistic than anything we see in the films

Yeah I was agreeing with you and then adding additional reasons why there's even more complications. This is a scaled down version of something that doesn't functionally exist in the first place.

One of the big notable "impossible" movements that happens is in the first film. The Mark I suit did exist in it's entirety in reality and was mostly what is used in the movie. When Tony gets shot in the leg and falls down to one knee he then reaches down and helps himself get back upright by supporting the leg with both hands. That is impossible. It's done with CG and even then, iirc in the behind the scenes stuff they show issues with parts of the model intersecting when that happens.

I have the exact same issue with my non BD face plate. There's about a 3/4mm gap! Gonna email Hot Toys and ask for a replacement.

MarkVIMaskGap.jpg

This other one just uses the light to show the size of the gap between the mask and the head (Had to do a screen cap from a video since the flash on my camera made it hard to see the LED)

I've checked and the faceplates both fit just fine on the Tony reveal head, but neither fits properly on the light-up head, so it looks like the problem with mine lies with the head, not the faceplate...

DSCF2405.jpg

DSCF2428.jpg

Last edited:
HAhaha true that true that it's always a welcome sight to come back to my "kids" waiting for me on display at the door after classes.. I wonder if you'd do the same too :p

But the trouble is though, if I don't bring it back home with me then how will I be able to differentiate properly and mix and match to my required taste? I'll be only able to mix and match between the 2 back home and I don't think I'd get proper recollection if the 3rd one was still sitting here...

SIgh what a headache:panic:
Haha! You've got decisions to make.
I'm sure you'll sort it out. :)

At any rate, it's such a great figure.
Sometimes, when I've got it into a nice pose, I don't want to touch it again for a long time. :lol

Haha! You've got decisions to make.
I'm sure you'll sort it out. :)

At any rate, it's such a great figure.
Sometimes, when I've got it into a nice pose, I don't want to touch it again for a long time. :lol

Got my PM bro?

What would you do if you were me though? I'm a little reluctant to bring the figure with me now back home so I'm trying to think of an idea on how to mix and match without this one to compare with.

Got my PM bro?

What would you do if you were me though? I'm a little reluctant to bring the figure with me now back home so I'm trying to think of an idea on how to mix and match without this one to compare with.
If space is an issue with your luggage, I would leave him behind. Just maybe, you might have a good figure waiting at home that doesn't have any issues.

At this point, we're assuming that your other two figures will have issues, but we still don't know. :lol

PM sent.

By the way, does the Mark VI head sculpt (clean mask included) use the exact same head sculpt as the Mark IV? I figured to actually avoid all this nonsense about non-symmetrical masks on the helmet I could just as easily pop on the Mark IV head onto the Mark VI body instead and avoid the LED actually peeping through the gaps.

By the way, does the Mark VI head sculpt (clean mask included) use the exact same head sculpt as the Mark IV? I figured to actually avoid all this nonsense about non-symmetrical masks on the helmet I could just as easily pop on the Mark IV head onto the Mark VI body instead and avoid the LED actually peeping through the gaps.
Yes. The two heads are swappable between these two figures.
If you're interested in displaying with the clean look, that's also a great alternative.

The heads are different though. Subtly different both in sculpt and paint jobs.

Someone posted a pic but off the top of my head the Mark VI the "mouth" is wider, the notch at the top of the face plat is wider, and there isn't any black around the eyes.

Back