Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone having troubles with Apcollectibles? I put a preorder for the Mark VI a few months ago. They are completely dead in the response department. No one picks up their phone nor return emails.

I have both a collection of 1/6 figures and 1/4 scale statues. Each has their strengths and weaknesses. However, when you compare 1/6 to 1/4, there is not usually a 3 times price difference. The SS Mark VI Maquette was a Legacy piece and is more expensive than the usual 1/4 scale statue. Compare this to the HT MKVI which retailed for around $210, the difference between this and a regular PF / comiquette that goes for ~$330 and the value argument diminishes even more.

Personally, I find that statues have more 'presence' than figures do, particularly 1/4 scale. Also, there are some characters which couldn't be pulled off very well in 1/6 form, Hulk for example. To each his own, I guess.

So you're comparing the most expensive complex HT figure to the cheapest Sideshow 1/4 statues?

So you're comparing the most expensive complex HT figure to the cheapest Sideshow 1/4 statues?

What I'm saying is that the average HT 1/6 figure isn't 3 times less than the average comiquette / PF.

Even the overly expensive Mark VI Maquette wasn't three times the HT Mark VI.

Hello folks :)

Got my Mark VI today and the detail on it is fantastic!

I'm a little disappointed with the articulation though especially the neck, the arms and the torso.

1. The neck only allows the head to turn 45 degrees to the left or right before the shoulder armor blocks it completely unless you tilt the head upwards.

2. the arms have quite limited movement due to the chest armor blocking it from moving around fully

3. the torso has pretty limited movement as well

As for defects not much except the right air flap doesn't fit in fully like for some people here and my clean face mask doesn't align itself perfectly with the curved 'cheekbones' of the mask and if I try to center it, it doesn't really look properly aligned between both sides of the cheeks. Not really sure if it's the problem with the face mask or with the head itself.
img0708fd.jpg

I'm a little disappointed with the articulation though especially the neck, the arms and the torso.

1. The neck only allows the head to turn 45 degrees to the left or right before the shoulder armor blocks it completely unless you tilt the head upwards.

2. the arms have quite limited movement due to the chest armor blocking it from moving around fully

As for defects not much except the right air flap doesn't fit in fully like for some people here and my clean face mask doesn't align itself perfectly with the curved 'cheekbones' of the mask and if I try to center it, it doesn't really look properly aligned between both sides of the cheeks. Not really sure if it's the problem with the face mask or with the head itself.
img0708fd.jpg

To start off..I am still waiting for mine...at this point we are looking at almost a year later. Who did you order your's from ? Secondly I believe that the defect is the reason behind the slow shipment ? Anyone with any thoughts on this subject ?

$(%! Apcollectibles!

My order was cancelled so now I'm out of 3 pieces for two people. Who else is still getting this in at retail?

img0708fd.jpg
Congrats buddy! I know it was a long time waiting. :hi5:

It's really a shame that HT can't get better quality control going. It's a problem with every line they make, not just the Iron Man line.

Anyway, it sounds like the issues on your figure are not too bad compared to what we've seen from other members here.

Perhaps, you can try to mix and match among your other Mk.VI's (if you plan on opening the others, that is) and come up with one great figure without any issues. :D

Congrats buddy! I know it was a long time waiting. :hi5:

It's really a shame that HT can't get better quality control going. It's a problem with every line they make, not just the Iron Man line.

Anyway, it sounds like the issues on your figure are not too bad compared to what we've seen from other members here.

Perhaps, you can try to mix and match among your other Mk.VI's (if you plan on opening the others, that is) and come up with one great figure without any issues. :D

Cheers bro :D

Yeah true I plan to do that since I have 2 other pieces but problem is they're way back home in Malaysia and I ain't going back till late July xD so gotta wait till I get to mix and match. I'd wanna leave one Mark VI in my UK place though just to display so I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble bringing it back just to mix and match with it. What do you think?

I was able to get a replacement for my clean mask a few weeks ago from SS cause of a paint problem. I recently discovered another paint problem on my battle damaged mask which had small black line mark above his right eye.I thought it was part of the battle damaged painting till I discovered it wasn't.

I contacted SS last week and they were kind of enough to give me another one. I got my new battle damaged mask in the mail today and so far no problems with the mask. I did notice the battle damaged painting on the new one looks more complete than the defected one or it just me? =/

I'm not sure what to do with the defected masks. They didn't ask me to return them. Think I should throw them away or sell it?

What I'm saying is that the average HT 1/6 figure isn't 3 times less than the average comiquette / PF.

Even the overly expensive Mark VI Maquette wasn't three times the HT Mark VI.

A comparison to the Mark IV is more of a fair comparison and was the one I was making.

My Mark VI came today. Only three problems! :gah:

-BD mask won't sit on either head right (magnet section was glued on too far down on the mask so it won't close at the bottom unless the top piece is hanging open instead)
-BD Chest piece doesn't fit properly
-Forearm rockets don't fit together properly, so there is an opening between them when assembled (checked to make sure they were marked with the proper L on the back, it seems the top one is warped a bit).

At least these are all attachments so I won't have to send the whole figure back like my IV. I'm starting to think I shouldn't bother collecting Iron Man (Wiring problem on Mech test, Paint problems IV, this on VI), heh.

My Mark VI came today.
-Forearm rockets don't fit together properly, so there is an opening between them when assembled (checked to make sure they were marked with the proper L on the back, it seems the top one is warped a bit).

Are you sure you checked every forearm piece for the L & R and had them on properly? I see many people think the bottom pieces are identical but they aren't, which leaves a gap like you described when assembled incorrectly.

Just throwing that out there :peace

Double checked and they are all the proper pieces, it's just the inner side doesn't meet up at the top/closest to the elbow with the top and side piece. While I was positioning the figure the ripped fringe on the battle damaged arm came off. Guess I'll have to break out the krazy glue again :monkey2

Double checked and they are all the proper pieces, it's just the inner side doesn't meet up at the top/closest to the elbow with the top and side piece. While I was positioning the figure the ripped fringe on the battle damaged arm came off. Guess I'll have to break out the krazy glue again :monkey2

I recall 1 arm really giving me a headache. If the pieces are labelled properly then they will fit if they aren't damaged, it's just that they are a real pain in the ___ sometimes. :monkey4

yeah...just keep playing with it and trying different orders of panels and it should eventually pop into place...

I've had 4 of the VI and all were out of place at first and seemed like they didnt fit but eventually went into place

Back