Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope we could get closed to final production prototypes so we could get an idea of whether the paint and the proportions on the Mark IV and Mark VI would be the same so we could decide which one to get..

Also
are the bullet holes and the damage on the armor be detailed with real holes and torn up plastic or will just be some scratches and paint job representation of the damage?

Last edited:
https://photos.actionfigs.com/g5353-hot-toys.html

dnlzj9.jpg

2gsk2km.jpg

20j3io1.jpg

a1okjk.jpg

2jz61k.jpg

You're ____ting me. That's Howard Chan? Coulda fooled me with that haircut.

This guy:

Is this guy?
enzio07.jpg

no thats Franck Dubois, CEO of HT Japan.

Btw, read this, a direct quote from the man:

Japan is now Hot Toys' biggest market, followed by the United States, said Franck Dubois, chief executive of Hot Toys Japan.
"It proves that foreign companies can make it in Japan," he said. "The key to succeed here is matching or exceeding their quality."

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25267587/

It surprise me that Japan is HT's biggest market :horror could it be that because their retail prices cost more than other countries, eg. 22000YEN for mech test, T800, when its available for only $145-165ish for the rest of the world?

Anyone know where can I view the hi-res official HT pics? Been waiting and searching for wookster's post but I think he hasn't posted any yet.

What's FB? Is that facebook? Cause the ones HT posted on theirs aren't the hi-res ones.

I don't like that all of the pictures show him without turning his waist at all (Same with the Mk IV); can he not rotate?
War Machine looks like he's got a little pivot in his waist but the Iron Man suit looks like it might only bend forward and backward.

I don't like that all of the pictures show him without turning his waist at all (Same with the Mk IV); can he not rotate?
War Machine looks like he's got a little pivot in his waist but the Iron Man suit looks like it might only bend forward and backward.
This pic from plastic enemies shows that he can pivot (the black squares aren't lined up); although it's at the middle of his torso instead of his waste, the results should be the same.

ap_20100722114847413.jpg

This pic from plastic enemies shows that he can pivot (the black squares aren't lined up); although it's at the middle of his torso instead of his waste, the results should be the same.

ap_20100722114847413.jpg

That looks horrible the way his abdominal "armor plate" is off center in that manner!

:nono

Saw this piece at SDCC and am really questioning why the crotch area is a different finish in both color and texture. It seems more matted out with a textured finish. I hope they fix the issue for the final production. Here are the pictures I took:

DSC_0306.jpg

DSC_0303.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

DSC_0301.jpg

no thats Franck Dubois, CEO of HT Japan.

Btw, read this, a direct quote from the man:

Japan is now Hot Toys' biggest market, followed by the United States, said Franck Dubois, chief executive of Hot Toys Japan.
"It proves that foreign companies can make it in Japan," he said. "The key to succeed here is matching or exceeding their quality."

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25267587/

It surprise me that Japan is HT's biggest market :horror could it be that because their retail prices cost more than other countries, eg. 22000YEN for mech test, T800, when its available for only $145-165ish for the rest of the world?

Ah, I see. You should have been more clear in your previous post. If I were to be completely honest, I don't have any reason to care about HT Japan or its CEO. Howard Chan has been the focus to to us collectors for the most part, and, correct me if I'm wrong but it's his side that makes the big decisions.

None of this matters in context of SDCC's display (what I was originally talking about) though. Dubois still sucks at posing figures. Just sayin'.

Thanks for taking photos, turtle! :clap

What is up with the neck on the Mark IV? The head is practically teetering on the edge of the neck there.

Saw this piece at SDCC and am really questioning why the crotch area is a different finish in both color and texture. It seems more matted out with a textured finish. I hope they fix the issue for the final production. Here are the pictures I took:

It's battle damage silly :nana:

:lol

I'm still somewhat confused.

Can the VI be converted into a shiny version just like the "candy wine" IV :dunno

Or will there be some damage on him no matter what :dunno

Back