Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's more the abdomen than the chest. I did this mock-up awhile back to show the "fix".

IMG_5632-2.png

How did you modify this? :cuckoo: Looks better now! :clap

Hey guys, I was thinking what version of Mark III will best represent a "Mark III" in the Hall of Armors? Is it the regular version or the BD version of HT? :cuckoo: cause I was thinking of recreating that display w/ my IM HTs..

Last edited:
The issue I have with the BD one is the colouring. I think the original mkIII is more accurate in that it is more maroon rather than cherry red. The original is not glossy enough though.

The issue I have with the BD one is the colouring. I think the original mkIII is more accurate in that it is more maroon rather than cherry red. The original is not glossy enough though.

Yeh, me too. The color of Mark III BD is not accurate to the movie! :mad: So you're saying that Mark III (reg.) is the better option for that kind of display?

I pretty much agree with RollingJ. The original is more accurate to the movie coloring, but it lacks the glossy finish. The BD has a nicer finish (not to mention all the better gimmicks) but is totally incorrect color wise.

I pretty much agree with RollingJ. The original is more accurate to the movie coloring, but it lacks the glossy finish. The BD has a nicer finish (not to mention all the better gimmicks) but is totally incorrect color wise.

^ also the proportions on the BD are ugly! :thud:

Yeah the BD kind of exaggerates the problems of the original by making the chest bigger it makes the waist look even thinner.

That's why I prefer the non-BD Mark III even if the finish isn't as nice. The color is much more accurate to the first film.

Yep, yep. :clap
Your photo mod shows off the waist/shoulder issues really well. The mark 4/6 shoulder pauldrons look 100% better IMO than the Mark3. The waist articulation looks much improved as well (although I've yet to see someone really put one through its paces).
I'm still shocked to see how radically different the paint apps are, though.

And dedguy, this
5408501678_67f1ca37b3_b.jpg

is the way to go! We don't need no steenkin' hall o' armors!

Great Googly Moogly . . . that's some photography.:yess:

It's a geode actually. The other side of it is all crystalline. My parents bought it in the 70s. I have a few art-things that they bought when they where in their 20s that I now own. That's one of them. I use it for photographs a lot as a rock base. I also use the water pump from a 1979 Datsun Z that my friend gave me a lot.

Has anyone tried applying some sort of gloss coat to the Mark III? I think that could greatly improve it's appearance but I'd be worried about screwing it up.

It's a geode actually. The other side of it is all crystalline. My parents bought it in the 70s. I have a few art-things that they bought when they where in their 20s that I now own. That's one of them. I use it for photographs a lot as a rock base. I also use the water pump from a 1979 Datsun Z that my friend gave me a lot.

Has anyone tried applying some sort of gloss coat to the Mark III? I think that could greatly improve it's appearance but I'd be worried about screwing it up.

way to get creative!

It's a geode actually.

It's badass, actually. (It's called being a badass, Tony.)

Buried back in the Mk.3 thread someone tried auto wax. It definitely gave him the "simonized" look, but I have no idea how the figure reacted to the treatment over time. Spraying/airbrushing a clear coat is an option, but it seems to present possible problems in articulation (i.e. one would have to ideally break the figure down, spray/dry each part individually, and reassemble to preserve movement). No thanks.

It's a trade off though, sure the BD is more accurate to the second film's hall of armor but the BD makes for a less interesting display imo since it's basically the same color as the IV and it's, as pointed out several times, inaccurate color wise.

You can also probably get the regular mkIII cheaper right?

Back