Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't think it was originally designed with the targeting laser on the helmet. it was probably on the cannon like the P2 Elder had. until they went back and redesigned the helmet.

None of the lost Hunters had laser targeting on there bios as far as i can tell from the movie. Even the one which was wearing the P1 bio.

Predator2_109.jpg

I do love the Gort bio though, might be my favorite. It almost looks like a hybrid Predator/Darth Vader setup.

Its got an element of nostalgia to it for me. Watching that scene in P2 as a child the gort bio really drew attention "ooh look at that". So elaborate compared to the 'plain' masks of the P1 and City hunter.

Its got an element of nostalgia to it for me. Watching that scene in P2 as a child the gort bio really drew attention "ooh look at that". So elaborate compared to the 'plain' masks of the P1 and City hunter.

I remember hearing from friends who saw P2 about the ship, all the preds and the alien skull... I swear I was too excited about the end to even enjoy the film the first time through.

None of the lost Hunters had laser targeting on there bios as far as i can tell from the movie. Even the one which was wearing the P1 bio.
yeah, i know. i was referring to the P1 since the Guardian bio was originally designed for him.

I have no memory of Predator 2 being in the cinema. Or P1 obviously as I was only 5 back then. I remember T2 being in the cinema though, my brothers wanted to see it and tried to get me in but we were refused if memory serves and I think we saw the Turtles 2 film instead. The brothers were pi$$ed about that but I was thrilled as that was what I was into at the time. I cared not about this Terminator stuff.

I can totally see why Winston and the guys decided on the simpler helmet design!

Of course I now gotta go see if the Guardian mask can fit on the P1's head! :)

Yeah it does fit, one of the first things i did when i set up my gort was try the mask on the P1 and it looked very cool. Just like those early shots of the P1 on set with the original mask. Made me want to get another P1 and Gort so i could have that on display. haha.

I have no memory of Predator 2 being in the cinema. Or P1 obviously as I was only 5 back then. I remember T2 being in the cinema though, my brothers wanted to see it and tried to get me in but we were refused if memory serves and I think we saw the Turtles 2 film instead. The brothers were pi$$ed about that but I was thrilled as that was what I was into at the time. I cared not about this Terminator stuff.

I dont really remember Predator 2 being in the cinema but i do remember my brother had it on video and me and my cousin snuck it out of his room one day and watched it, having already fallen in love with Predator. We were so blown away when we saw that alien skull in the ship. And when all the lost hunters showed up at the end. We were like "wowww!!! This is amazing!" haha. Course we were young at the time. My brother also borrowed a pirate copy of Terminator 2 before it came out in the cinemas and we watched that too and was blown away by it. It was my favourite film for years after that. Just a little nostalgia there. haha.

Yes Stan and the team felt the gort bio gave away too much of the predator's facial structure due to it's design.

Yeah, I think I read that they went with the bio used in the movie because it was more 'tribal' looking.

Yeah, I think I read that they went with the bio used in the movie because it was more 'tribal' looking.

I thought it was just because it was more "basic" or "blank." Leaving the head and face a mystery for the big reveal at the end. Could be wrong though. Whatever the reason, im glad they changed it. As awesome as the gort mask is, i think the actual mask used for in Predator worked much better. Love the sleek look. The whole creature design in that movie was perfect.

This is what it says in the Winston Effect book:

"Initially, the mask design was a mechanical interpretation of the creature's face. To avoid giving away the look of the creature too early in the film, SWS later changed the mask to a simpler, more 'tribal' look."

I like the look they went with in the movie, too. The Guardian bio looks great, but there is something cool about the blank look of the bio in the film.

So are the wait list on this Predator over, am I stuck resorting to ebay. Any help would be appreciated.

You never know, stranger things have happend.

You've got to be in it, to win it.

Trying wouldn't hurt.

Back