Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, as soon as I posted that, batman1180 typed up his thoughts. Sorry, Ski. You're awesome, you know that, right :monkey3 :D?

Anyway, back to the matter at hand...
:lecture A promise is a promise, that's true. But based on what batman1180 said, it seems someone may have been getting a little ahead of themselves. Happens sometimes, and as long as the payment wasn't sent, there's nothing wrong here besides a bummer that one deal for the figure may not pull through. Seems like things were taken too hard and things got a bit rough.

On a cheerier note, where's my Berserker PO?? And the others would be nice, too :).

That was your first clue to this unfortunate outcome :gah:

Isn't that scalper-land :huh

My friend you wouldn't belive how bad some people are. Hot Toys are the worst. They're people that go there and buy them for triple what we pay here. Somebody there was selling a Iron Man Mrk3 for $450, a BD Predator 2 for $500, and some of the Aliens for $250. I know the booth belongs to them and they're trying to make money but.....:cuckoo:

BTW......TB59*** 07/02/2010 Item(s) Shipping Soon

My friend you wouldn't belive how bad some people are. Hot Toys are the worst. They're people that go there and buy them for triple what we pay here. Somebody there was selling a Iron Man Mrk3 for $450, a BD Predator 2 for $500, and some of the Aliens for $250. I know the booth belongs to them and they're trying to make money but.....:cuckoo:

BTW......TB59*** 07/02/2010 Item(s) Shipping Soon

Same here bro! :yess:

Yes Jason, and you will continue to get no reply from me, like I stated, I am done with you. It really is that simple.

Have a nice evening Jason, you just made my ignore list.

Last edited:
I would delete those PMs Kib, they'll get you an infraction if Bat1180 reports it.

Thanks for the advice. What am I supposed to do then? He is saying that I was harsh and/or rude to him when I clearly wasn't. He also is saying that I didn't try to work it out in PMs, when I clearly did? The only things that I will concede is that I was impatient to get the details worked out.

He deletes his rant of BS and I will delete the posts that he misquoted. I'll contact a mod right now to explain and they can delete them.

Just a reminder, posting of Private Messages is a nono and will get you an infraction. They are private for a reason, let's keep it that way. Consider this a courtesy.

That's not the final price SSC said. They said that, just like my Medicom Alien who's shipping was estimated at $20, the shipping will lower once in the shipping department. $25 is just a rough estimate, usually double the real shipping.

Final Price, $214.99

I WANT to KEEP my DAMN GORT Kib :tap, I WILL NEVER SELL, u should of taken my first offer :impatient: NOW u will have to pay!!!!!!!
How about I arm wrestle you for it? :cuckoo:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/NjSkdpzEiko&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/NjSkdpzEiko&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
That's not the final price SSC said. They said that, just like my Medicom Alien who's shipping was estimated at $20, the shipping will lower once in the shipping department. $25 is just a rough estimate, usually double the real shipping.

Final Price, $214.99

Are you sure......:lol I checked my card and talked to the bank just to make sure and $230.66 is what I got charged.

I disagree. Just because someone flips something doesn't mean they should be able to back out of an agreement like that. Flipping isn't dishonest. I'll agree that it's greedy, but when you make an agreement and give your word, you should stick to it. Backing out of an agreement makes you a liar (with a few exceptions of course, like damaged property, deaths, etc.).

I did not say that someone who flips is dishonest. Nor did I say flipping is dishonest...I'm not even sure I would say its greedy in some cases. Capitalism is king these days.

I understand and agree about the keeping your word part. I do also think that backing out makes you a bit of liar.

What I was saying is, from my dealings with flippers/scalpers, that sort of thing (lying, backing out of deals, greed to some extent) comes with the territory. I don't think it is right, but its like they say, you play with fire sometimes you might get burned.

And I'm not saying anyone here is a liar, I'm saying I've dealt with flippers/scalpers before and had similar things happen to me. It sucks but I've learned that until money has passed hands and the item(s) is in my possession, anything could happen.

Its f'ed up that Kibishii got burned on this one but with this thing going up in price by $100 bucks every 2 days, I'd expect someone who cut the deal a week ago with the intent of making a profit might want to renegotiate the deal with me. Particularly since SSC just confirmed that this thing is gonna be super rare.

Last edited:
damn...................sorry ween..............looks as if you are going to have to email me those pics now due to inflation......:naughty.......:monkey1

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Something similar happened to me last year. A guy on the forum offered to pick up the MOTU art book and Wonder Twins w/ Gleek at a slightly elevated price from SDCC, but said he was unable to obtain the items and returned my money. I then checked his sales thread and the two items that we had made a deal for were there at much higher prices than he had agreed to with me. He's a respected dealer here and I didn't go out of my way to slander him, but I don't buy or sell with him now.

i'm in same situation, i contacted a hong kong seller from which i already bought some figures and he garanteed me he would sell me a guardian predator, we discussed a price and i agreed with it, i asked him to sent me payment details but now it's been 2 days i don't hear from him anymore so i guess he back's out and won't sell me one anymore :mad:

For crying out loud, these people...
Already he's going for more than the P2 Elders are on feeBay. Either HT did their job right, or they did it horribly wrong. Either way, those on the WL lose :). Oh, and so do those who are attending SDCC, yet couldn't snag one because the thing sold out in just over half a minute.

Thanks for the advice. What am I supposed to do then? He is saying that I was harsh and/or rude to him when I clearly wasn't. He also is saying that I didn't try to work it out in PMs, when I clearly did? The only things that I will concede is that I was impatient to get the details worked out.

He deletes his rant of BS and I will delete the posts that he misquoted. I'll contact a mod right now to explain and they can delete them.

Take it down anyway. It's not worth the infraction. Whatever he posts, playing neutral here, doesn't change the fact that he backed out of the deal, justified or not. Plus, worrywarting should've been a tad expected given the limited exclusivity surrounding this collectible. In the end, whether or not you like the buyer, IMO, a deal's a deal.

I did not say that someone who flips is dishonest. Nor did I say flipping is dishonest...I'm not even sure I would say its greedy in some cases. Capitalism is king these days.

I understand and agree about the keeping your word part. I do also think that backing out makes you a bit of liar.

What I was saying is, from my dealings with flippers/scalpers, that sort of thing (lying, backing out of deals, greed to some extent) comes with the territory. I don't think it is right, but its like they say, you play with fire sometimes you might get burned.

And I'm not saying anyone here is a liar, I'm saying I've dealt with flippers/scalpers before and had similar things happen to me. It sucks but I've learned that until money has passed hands and the item(s) is in my possession, anything could happen.

Its f'ed up that Kibishii got burned on this one but with this thing going up in price by $100 bucks every 2 days, I'd expect someone who cut the deal a week ago with the intent of making a profit might want to renegotiate the deal with me. Particularly since SSC just confirmed that this thing is gonna be super rare.

Wasn't meant as an attack, merely a POV and I see what you're saying as well.

Just gotta wait for the dust to clear on this one fellas...:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

:lecture:lecture:lecture Though with Sideshow's admission of less than 200, I doubt he'll go down by much, if at all, from what he's selling for currently.

Just gotta wait for the dust to clear on this one fellas...:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I agree. This thing has caused more animosity than I have seen on the boards in awhile and tonight it hit me that getting this worked up over a toy is NOT fun. Jeesh, I even snapped at my kid earlier because I was upset from the BS said about me. I will say that I think it is interesting that there are 19 of them on eBay right now.

I am confident that alot of people who actually want one will get one, it may cost a bit more, but I am going to back off and let this cool down some.

Last edited:
Back