Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally opened mine & no problems. My son & I really dig the light effects. Great piece to own if you enjoy TRON. Hope we get a Clu, Quorra and Rinzler.

Got mine yesterday, it really is a work of art. Those sleek flowing lines are just amazing. Couldn't find batteries for the bike until just now, but after turning it all on, it looks amazing. ONLY problem I have with it (other than the heart attack I was having trying to get the helmet head on) is the "dead spot" on the bike lights near Sam's thighs. Kind of throws off that cool swoop the lights have, but still an awesome figure/vehicle set.

love this thing!! didn't turn on the sam lights coz they're such a ***** to get to... but you get the general idea :)

17247a39.jpg

ec48e7a5.jpg

I had this in my grubby little hands today. I thought it was pretty light (no pun intended). When I switched on the lights, I was taken aback. It is pretty awesome. I loved the working motor. Have to say tho, that I wasn't taken by the figure tho. I'm sure I'll picks it up in the next few months tho.

Just got mine today... Overall impression, it's huge! Looks good but quality feels cheap and... well. The engine won't turn on. Am I doing something wrong? I put 3x AA 1.5v batteries in there, the lights work though.

There's two modes on the switch... you tried going both directions right? One mode is just lights. The other mode is lights and engine.

I was able to open mine yesterday. Everything works great except for one of the air brakes. I need to screw a peg back in. Other than that... it's a great looking piece. I'm not a huge fan of the Sam Flynn headsculpt though (helmet one is fine). There's something really off about it. It's also odd to have him on the bike without the helmet anyway.

Anyhoo here's some pics
SAMFLYNN_0027.jpg

SAMFLYNN_0041.jpg

SAMFLYNN_0038.jpg

SAMFLYNN_0016.jpg

The one I looked at in store was just perfect. The guy there told me that the switch was awkward to flick on and off. I found no problem with it. The led light up mode, even in daylight is impressive. Visually it's beautiful.

This is kind of old news. I think the last mention of Tron 3 was at the Tron: Uprising Com0c-Con panel where they said the film is still in development. I've heard some say it is not going to ever happen. I hope that is not true. I've also heard that it's Joseph Kosinski's next project once he wraps up Oblivion. I'm kind of of the opinion it could go either way. I would love to see another HT release. It sounds like the light cycle sold out pretty quick once it did get released. Even if we learned that they were doing only one more release I'd be pretty stoked.

I just got mine. ****ed a little when I switched it one. Love it. I've saw a couple of people mention the headsculpt but to be honest I'm quite picky and this is almost spot on. A lot of the pics show a kind of pale plastic looking Sam but out of the box he has a much more tanned and real skin like appearance.

I showed my Mrs and she was like "Holy s*** it's that dude!" (obviously not knowing his name). I actually prefer the non-helmet version.

All working fine. Great piece, shot up to the top of my charts :clap

Just won one on ebay for $299.95. I think thats a good price seeing that its sold out on SSC site. It a nice piece but its not for me. My big brother is a huge TRON fan so i thought I'd surprise him. Hope he likes it.

Never thought I'd be getting this, but after listening to the soundtrack and watching a few reviews I ended up stopping by Corner Store Comics.

Their website showed that they were sold out, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. Turns out that they had one more in stock (brand new too):yess:

The lighting on this thing......AWESOME even in daylight:thud:

Hot_Toys_184.jpg
Hot_Toys_183.jpg
Hot_Toys_185.jpg

Hot_Toys_186.jpg
Hot_Toys_187.jpg

Back