Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a matter of interest, there are no more of these to be had through domestic wholesale channels. So demand seems to be very strong despite what may be some caution in the marketplace due to potential QC issues.

And I do see the above points about buying one years from now and you would of course have the benefit of knowing whether it works on not. Obviously if it doesn't the price would indeed reflect that, so that more or less goes without saying. I was simply refuting the notion that good units would somehow be selling for half price in the not too distant future just because of reported QC issues today causing a flood of supply with no interested sellers.

I don't normally keep any product that we bring in, just because sales are more important than adding another item on to my collectible heap. But I've had my eye on this one for quite a while now and I think an exception is about to be made. :)

As a matter of interest, there are no more of these to be had through domestic wholesale channels. So demand seems to be very strong despite what may be some caution in the marketplace due to potential QC issues.

And I do see the above points about buying one years from now and you would of course have the benefit of knowing whether it works on not. Obviously if it doesn't the price would indeed reflect that, so that more or less goes without saying. I was simply refuting the notion that good units would somehow be selling for half price in the not too distant future just because of reported QC issues today causing a flood of supply with no interested sellers.

I don't normally keep any product that we bring in, just because sales are more important than adding another item on to my collectible heap. But I've had my eye on this one for quite a while now and I think an exception is about to be made. :)

:goodpost: I agree.

Alright F-it! I ordered mine, should be here next week. So I am now in the same boat as everyone else, and we'll see what happens.

I had full intentions of buying once there were some in hand pics/ reviews, but with the good return policy from Sideshow why wait. Like everyone else, if its broke when I get, then I will send it back.

I'm gonna open my second one and see if it has issues. I guess I have to even though it will no longer be MIB. So instant value dropped.

:(

I'm gonna open my second one and see if it has issues. I guess I have to even though it will no longer be MIB. So instant value dropped.

:(

if you're planning on selling it, putting something like "opened to make sure all light work b/c some ppl had non functioning lights" or what is it "open for inspection only" in the description I think will help the value

if you're planning on selling it, putting something like "opened to make sure all light work b/c some ppl had non functioning lights" or what is it "open for inspection only" in the description I think will help the value

Yeah, I think that's my best bet. I didn't actually buy it to resell, just ended up with two. I will open it and check, fingers crossed.
:pray:

Honestly being MIB doesn't really matter on a lot of HT figures...
:dunno

this is true. many are collector friendly so no tape or twist ties. If you've kept everything like the plastic baggies and such like I do, it's very easy to place it back int he box like if it was never opened and no one would know the difference IMO.

Hang on, you got this for your sons birthday?!
:lol:rotfl

Yup...He's 14...loves Tron and has always had self control as a kid when it comes to collectibles...knows what to display and not touch versus playing with ...Got him Kevin Flynn too for X-mas last year

Was gonna be ordeing this off ebay later this month but considering the lights problem i'll either go sideshow or LCS best to have a good returns/replacements/refunds policy in reserve incase i need it

According to Sideshow website, less than 10 of these available. Not sure how accurate that is though.

I'm guessing they didn't make a ton of these over the pre-order amounts.

Got lucky, purchased mine today, opened it up, no issues with the lights on body nor light-cycle. The helmeted head needs LOTS of heat and patience to put on. FOLLOW the instructions very carefully for the opening of the back to place the figure. A stunning piece by Hot Toys. Congrats to others getting this. My LCS, got these in today (8) they were down to the last 2 by the afternoon. Get this while you can, snooze and you will lose. :wave

According to Sideshow website, less than 10 of these available. Not sure how accurate that is though.

I was going to order mine with SS. When I called I spoke with Jennifer at Sideshow yesterday afternoon. She said they are out of stock, and anticipate the next batch between 2 weeks, and 30 days.

Got lucky, purchased mine today, opened it up, no issues with the lights on body nor light-cycle. The helmeted head needs LOTS of heat and patience to put on. FOLLOW the instructions very carefully for the opening of the back to place the figure. A stunning piece by Hot Toys. Congrats to others getting this. My LCS, got these in today (8) they were down to the last 2 by the afternoon. Get this while you can, snooze and you will lose. :wave

Great news! Very glad to hear you got a good one and thank you for taking the time to post a positive report. I think the vast majority of units are in perfect working order and in time this will be a monster of an item. Get them while you can!

Back