Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is also on the track of delivery,will check it out soon.Even have no light The bike looks also cool!

Yeah but is it $300 cool? I would have no issue if the bike was released with no lights, priced accordingly, and without the ridiculous wait time, up front.

However that was not the case. You have $300 worth of a plastic statue that may look cool (I agree), but then has now become way over priced and defeats the purpose of what you paid for.

I am just stunned that companies like Hot Toys, and SS can not get the lighting element to work on these Tron releases. Spin Master got it right, even my daughters Barbie toys have LED lighting with no issues. I believe that any future "light up" releases that were planned for Tron have been scrapped after the reports of faliure on this release. SS has pushed their Rinzler PF back, and that has minimal lighting. Either they don't care to mess with the product, so they can release other licenses while they are hot, or this is really the best they can do.

50% damaged thus far..........unacceptable HT & SS.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Is the problem with the defective lights widespread? How many of you have it?

Between the different forums that I go to, I have seen about 29 members have reported getting the piece in hand. Of those 14 had an issue with the product functions:

1. 2 members had the selector switch fall into thier bikes, making the lighting element no work.

2. most other members have reported either some of the leds are working, some led's only work when pushed on, some leds flicker, and some the lights don't come on at all.

I am sure that there are a few hundred people who bought this item with no issues who don't frequent boards like these, so we will never know what thier experiences are.

I was really hoping this release would work out, and I would add it to my Kevin Flynn, but at this point I will wait awhile, buy one used from another member. At least this way it will have proven itself to work over time. I don't mind paying a bit more than the retail cost, IF I had a gaurantee that it worked, and should continue to do so.

Between the different forums that I go to, I have seen about 29 members have reported getting the piece in hand. Of those 14 had an issue with the product functions:

1. 2 members had the selector switch fall into thier bikes, making the lighting element no work.

2. most other members have reported either some of the leds are working, some led's only work when pushed on, some leds flicker, and some the lights don't come on at all.

I am sure that there are a few hundred people who bought this item with no issues who don't frequent boards like these, so we will never know what thier experiences are.

I was really hoping this release would work out, and I would add it to my Kevin Flynn, but at this point I will wait awhile, buy one used from another member. At least this way it will have proven itself to work over time. I don't mind paying a bit more than the retail cost, IF I had a gaurantee that it worked, and should continue to do so.

Thanks for tabulating this. Have been checking in on this release and thread, but I'm going to continue to wait another couple of weeks before deciding. If this was one or two, it's more acceptable. Sorry to those who have had problems. It looks very cool, but at $300 plus shipping it really needs to work.

I'm a little nervous, particularly considering how long I've been waiting for this release.

Won't cancel it, but I hope I won't have to return it.

Feel the same... I've been waiting for this one since it was announced and it has been my most wanted collectible ever. This lightcycle was the reason I even started collecting Hot Toys..

I am with you both, and I don't want to be "Mr. Gloom, and Doom" on this subject.

I had it pre-ordered from day one, then when the 3rd push back date happened, I had a sinking feeling that not all was well. I cancelled my order, BUT I still had every intention of buying the piece once there were some in hand photos/ reviews of the product. Sadly the reviews have not been stellar, and that is very disappointing to me.

I take all reviews with a grain of salt, like the Kevin Flynn figure, or the DX Bespin Luke. Some like them, some hate them. I love both. But what are not subjective, and can't be avoided are physical issues with the lighting elements, or switchies falling off, and replacement heads not fitting without heating etc.

To me those are deal breakers no matter how badly I want to get this bad boy. As I said in the past......I will have one for sure, but not until the price drops (in relation to the issues) or I buy one for a bit more money from another member, but know it works.

I feel bad to anyone who got a lemon, and I am happy for those that got great one right out of the box. For those that have perfect examples, please keep us updated should problems arise.:peace

Gosh, you guys are making me nervous! My credit card was charged for this so hopefully AlterEgo will be sending it soon. I hope it works out well. Honestly, unless it's perfect I'm not standing for it. Not at this price and not after this long of a wait.

I am not feeling optimistic about mine at this point. If it's a dud, I'm not even sure I'd want a replacement.... I might just exchange it for something more solid.... And I'm a HUGE Tron fan... sigh....

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath here. Just because some people receive a bad unit, that doesn't mean they are all that way.

Working in both the retail and manufacturing side of this business for many years now I can tell you that the actual rate of defect and return is generally much lower than most would assume. Even on many of the most maligned items on the forums. What does happen though is that a small number of collectors will report an issue and a paranoia starts to set in amongst the rest of the collectors prompting order cancellations or returns based on the most microscopic of defects. But in reality most items arrive in perfect condition and the collectors are very satisfied.

And for those who are considering cancelling pre-orders hoping to pick one up at $150....there is very little evidence of such severe price drops on Hot Toys products, at least since SSC became the official US distributor. Even for those items with a greater than average number of reported defects. So canceling a pre-order today hoping for a 50% reduction in price isn't really a sound strategy if you look at recent history. While not every item is an overwhelming success most sell just below or just above their original SRP. Very rarely, if ever do you see significant price drops of 50% or more for the most popular items and licenses.

Again, there are exceptions to everything, but by and large most Hot Toys items are free of defect and hold their value or even increase over time.

Just some food for thought.

It's a good point. Sometimes problems are more magnified on boards because people post issues more readily than "hey, it's great" but even taking that into consideration it's a bit worrying there have been the number of problems there have been so early in the roll out of these in the US. A lot of these still haven't gotten into fan's hands yet.

We'll see. I'm cautiously optimistic. Just a bit nervous.

I understand. It's also good to remember that more people are apt to report a problem than to praise something. So that will also skew the actual results in many occasions.

I would just hate to see collectors who really want this piece stay away in the hopes of picking one up dirt cheap later on, only to end up missing out on the item altogether.

Excellent points Cozmictoyz :clap!!
And I completely agree...
The thing is people with issues on their figures are much more vocal than those who don't have any issues...
I really hope mine comes problem-free, but if not, AE/SS always replace them, so I'm not too worried!
It's been a long road!!!
:rock!

Like I said....be optomistic! I agree with some points above, however I also have a different opinion on the after market.

HT in general either maintains, or increases in value, we all know that. However on a product that is having, and may have in the future issues like we see with this release.....I believe in the next couple years people will be dumping them on Ebay and elsewhere. The price maybe less than MSRP, or may be a bit higher. Don't know only time will tell. Either way.......if you buy this piece used in a couple years, you will know whether it works or not. So the price will reflect that fact. I also believe wholeheartedly that there will be plenty of these on the market in the next 2 years, that will not be in working order, that can be scooped up for less than the MSRP.

If you have the item on pre-order just wait and see. Don't panic. Worse case scenario it doesn't work. Ok, just return, or exchange it then. No sense in jumping the gun until you have YOURS in hand.

My posts have been a running tally of what I have found with the inhand reviews. Not everyones experience will be the same. As a fan of Tron, and HT I think that information good or bad, is better than none.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Like I said....be optomistic! I agree, and stated that there were probably hundreds sold, and less than 30 reviews. So that does speak volumes to a point.

I believe that in the next couple years people will be dumping this piece, and either the price will be the same, or a bit more than $300. In either event buying it that way does infact assure you of its condition when you buy it.

unless it finally gives out by the time it reaches your hands :lol

but in all seriousness, it has happened to a few ppl here and there that traded/bought used Iron Man figures. you really just can never be too sure. AE emailed me saying my card will be charged soon so I'm going to hold on to hope with this one. if I get a dud, hopefully it in time to return it

Last edited:
unless it finally gives out by the time it reaches your hands :lol

but in all seriousness, it has happened to a few ppl here and there that traded/bought used Iron Man figures. you relly just can never be too sure. AE emailed me saying my card will be charged soon so I'm going to hold on to hope with this one. if I get a dud, hopefully it in time to reaturn it

LOL! Yeah really! I'll wait 3 years buy one that "works" then BOOM the UPS guy kicks the box up the driveway, and breaks the lights. Now wouldn't that be something.:slap

just got off the phone with AE, they said they haven't gotten any issues from any of the ones they have shipped out so that made me feel better about this. crossing my fingers for a good one :pray:

just got off the phone with AE, they said they haven't gotten any issues from any of the ones they have shipped out so that made me feel better about this. crossing my fingers for a good one :pray:

We are keeping them crossed for you! If there are more good ones, than bad ones, then I will buy one as well. I am just waiting to see how this plays out over the next few weeks.

Back