Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pictures by Eddie Wong
5290474020_4ef149171d_o.jpg

5290473772_c86c7c414c_o.jpg

HT is having trouble putting LED light on an articulated figure, guess we will have to wait a bit longer. :slap

don't know much about the sam on bike figure, but the figure won't be removable right? no articulation?

There's a similar photo to this on Hot Toys Facebook page which highlights the crappy LED lights under the wheels. Maybe it's just the flash on the photos. The photos Hot Toys released of the proto look completely different to this. They should have really showed it under normal lighting. It still looks OK tho. Still undecided.

Just got to look at some videos on Youtube (Eddie Wong) and I still like the bike. Really dig that the engine moves! Just overall for the price and seeing it in some natural light I think I'll move it to the "discount purchase list".

I think if they were making a Quorra and a Sam that might suffice for me and for the price of the light cycle I could maybe get both of those figures.

Nice piece overall and I'm looking forward to the pics and further info. Maybe a purchase down the line somewhere...

There's a similar photo to this on Hot Toys Facebook page which highlights the crappy LED lights under the wheels. Maybe it's just the flash on the photos. The photos Hot Toys released of the proto look completely different to this. They should have really showed it under normal lighting. It still looks OK tho. Still undecided.

Can you show the photos here your referring too? I went on their website and the only photos I saw were their stock photos that are on page 1 of this thread.

Sorry. I didn't mean a photo taken from Hot Toys. I meant this one showing the LED lights:

Light.jpg

Compared to this:

HT_Tron-Legacy-SamFlynnCollectibleFigurewithLightCycle_PR9.jpg

I see, thanks for posting that. Is it me, or is the suit missing the light up action advertised? I pre-ordered this piece and will be slightly agitated if the suit does not light up along with the bike.:horror

I think it might be glowing, it's just faint. The engine looks cool but those LEDs do not look good to me on the wheels. I hope significant improvements are made. I think it'd be better if they were made of light-pipe material with one hidden LED making it glow.

yeah, i'm with u guys on the led lights. it's way too sparsely spaced-out to give the white light an even, consistent glow throughout. to solve the issue, ht should put more led bulbs closer together.

love the moving engine mechanism though!

now i'm on the fence with this one. on one hand, i don't want to pass up the chance to own it if ht decides not to make an orange clu version. on the other hand, if i preorder this and they announce clu's i'll be annoyed.

Back