Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there should be some kind of standard deal to have franchise products released around the same time as the film itself, i mean waiting nearly a year for this is stupid, they're not gonna be capitolising on the hype of the film at the time of release, why couldn't Hot Toys have gotten the specs for the lightcycle, character etc... while it was in early production to release the product around the same time as release

I mean with hasbro and toybiz and other toy companies like that they have their products out Before the films are even released, so they must have inside access to the details and design of the films very early on.

I think if HT starts development in the early stages of pre-production they're gonna be sculpting from concept sketches. Instead they probably wait until post production to get a fully rendered model and therefore we get an awesome figure that is near perfect to what we see on-screen. If you want some exaples look at the evolution of HT Joker or if your a Transformers fan the difference between the Leader Class movie Prime toys

HT81058Blg.jpg

Transformers%20Movie%20II%20ROTF%20-%20Leader%20Class%20-%20Optimus%20Prime%20%28TAKARA%20Ver.%29.jpg

I'm a sucker and got both! Although I'm pretty sure it's much more difficult to engineer a transforming toy early enough to hit alongside the film than it is to do a toy based on an actor who is already cast and a light cycle that also already created for the film (they debuted the life size replica at comic-con in 2009).

I'm a sucker and got both! Although I'm pretty sure it's much more difficult to engineer a transforming toy early enough to hit alongside the film than it is to do a toy based on an actor who is already cast and a light cycle that also already created for the film (they debuted the life size replica at comic-con in 2009).

Got both of what? Did I miss something?

i might have missed it in the posts but does anyone know if he can come off the bike and stand beside it?

The figure can come off the bike, but he won't be able to stand. He's in a permanent driving position and the only articulation is the neck/head and probably the hands.
Furthermore he comes with a bend left leg to simulate him riding the bike and a streched left leg to put him in a stationary position. The legs are interchangeable and not articulated.

Hey all,

I was going to post this yesterday but I got caught up with work etc. Any whooooo I saw Tron Legacy 3D Imax on Tuesday, and I can tell you it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was VERY impressed with both the story line, special effects, and the opening to another possible film in the future. Once again I disagree with the critics on their evaluation of this film. Hell even my wife who is not a scifi fan LOVED the movie. Just my two cents worth on the subject, and I am glad I already pre-ordered this lightcycle!

Hey all,

I was going to post this yesterday but I got caught up with work etc. Any whooooo I saw Tron Legacy 3D Imax on Tuesday, and I can tell you it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was VERY impressed with both the story line, special effects, and the opening to another possible film in the future. Once again I disagree with the critics on their evaluation of this film. Hell even my wife who is not a scifi fan LOVED the movie. Just my two cents worth on the subject, and I am glad I already pre-ordered this lightcycle!

I think you're setting everyone up for a royal fall. I like Tron: Legacy but the critics aren't wrong either. They just tend to write it in a more negative way.

My 1:1 Identity Disc patiently waiting for HT to release Kevin and Sam Flynn and hopefully Clu and Quora to be displayed right next to to it! :rock
1-1IdentityDisc.jpg

Last edited:
I got it from a local store called Target. I see it says you're Malaysian so I'm not sure if you have that store. But you can also buy from Toys R Us or Walmart if you have those. I'm sure you can easily find it on the web somewhere. The actual name is "Deluxe Sam Flynn Identity Disc"

Ok whoa man... that's three threads you're posting about the ID disc. Let's keep it on the proper grid.

Ok whoa man... that's three threads you're posting about the ID disc. Let's keep it on the proper grid.

My apologies mate. Just excited. I originally just posted here but then someone asked about this identity disc in the TRON Collectibles thread so I posted there since someone asked about it and I was just trying to help a fellow freak out. And posted in the HT Kevin Flynn thread b/c well again, I was excited. I'm sorry. Didnt know there's a rule saying that I couldn't post the same thing?? Haha

I got it from a local store called Target. I see it says you're Malaysian so I'm not sure if you have that store. But you can also buy from Toys R Us or Walmart if you have those. I'm sure you can easily find it on the web somewhere. The actual name is "Deluxe Sam Flynn Identity Disc"

yeah we have toys r us in my country. haven't been in one recently cos i wanna avoid the xmas shopping frenzy. how much did this one cost? it looks pretty cool, but from your pics the lights don't seem very bright tho.

yeah we have toys r us in my country. haven't been in one recently cos i wanna avoid the xmas shopping frenzy. how much did this one cost? it looks pretty cool, but from your pics the lights don't seem very bright tho.

Well the light doesn't stay on. it glows with the touch of a button on the device or cycles through different kinds of light displays depending on which mode you have it on. But I don't mind b/c I'm just using it as a display piece.

But I believe it's regular $20USD but I at the Target store, it was 50% off so only $10USD. Figure i'd save myself $3-400 since that's probably what the SS one will cost

Just wanted to tell you guys a little idea I had yesterday, during shopping with my girl.
I had a serious, what we call it in germany "ear worm" (when music is glued tight to your mind) of "Derezzed" and thought a way to perfect this awesome Light Cycle figure.
Since it seems like that there´ll be no stand for Flynn and his cycle, why didn´t HT come up with the idea of including a piece of translucent plastic with a slight curve that could be clicked into the rear wheel.
It would take the light that would be emitted by the wheel and would give the effect of that solid blue wall that´s coming outta the wheel, or not?
It´s simple, but effective and would look gorgeus in the darkness...

Back