Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I read July for this?????????Let's just call in Sept....or later . Either release it or don't ..these push backs are ridiculous!

With Hot Toys bailing on Green Lantern I think it's a good bet that they are done with Tron after Sam Flynn ships. We'll never see Clu, Rinzler, Quorra or Castor in 1:6. :monkey2

Not sure if i'll get the SP girls now as they almost certainly won't finish the line with the remaining 3 figures :monkey2

Sucker Punch I am not so sure as from the business sense each figure will be unique and therefore no repaints so there is a question in return on investment

I am almost certain now with the cancelation of Green Lantern that they will mostly likely not make a stand alone Tron figures it have the same issue as GL with the light up option.

These delays are going to hurt their profit in a big way i think, RRP has gone up quite a bit since this initially went up for order so technically if this was to go up for order now it'd retail for more so they're losing potential profits as they have to retain that past price point, not to mention those cancelations due to delays

I think if this sells we can expect a clu cycle version considering they already have half the figure in the cycle

I'll definitely be up for a clu cycle but I'll be happy just to get my light cycle before I'm to old to care anymore.

The problem with Clu's cycle is that it's actually very different from Sam's. Though I suppose it could share some basic pieces.

Here's Clu's cycle. You can see the headlights, the shape of the front (a closed top with an agressive/pointy sweep.)

EEDeluxeLightCycle.jpg

Here's Sam's cycle. Vertical headlights, open wheel with more tread. Their bodies are pretty different going backward (you can see it on the Spinmaster toys and in the art book better) as well, but it's hard to find good pics online.

sam-flynn-with-light-cycle-tron-legacy-figure-set-21436332.jpg

I'm sure most people have probably read through the One Sixth Republic interview with Howard.

One of the questions is about the light cycle:

Why the delay on the 1/6th scale Ligh-up function vehicle: Tron:Legacy - Light Cycle & Sam Flynn?

The answer was this There is a complication on the elctricity of the cycle. We are working hard on it and it will be ready soon

Does this mean that even though they teased that we would be getting this soon, there's another delay??

I'm just stoked to know they are working on it. It's good to know they won't release a hack product. In that case I'm okay with them taking their time. And I doubt this, but maybe this will help them produce more figures from this franchise. But, I'm not getting my hopes up.

I want a good product too and I'm typically understanding of their delays. I just feel that if you're going to announce that a product is ready to be released after such a long delay, you should've made certain that it was really ready to go.

Having said that, I'll keep waiting.

im just glad i don't have to fork out $ for this right now and $ for my Neurolyzer lol tough month.

Back